“Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Austin, Texas
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed two nights at about double the price of comparable hotels. Dirty towels left in elevator hanging from rail. Night manager sitting on couch in eating area watching tv while we were leaving. Did not even get up for us to check out. Stayed prior night at casino for less than half the price and the room was probably better and in downtown area.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Papadshaw,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. I am sorry that you were disappointed on this visit especially with the maintenance levels on site. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments so that we can further improve on our efforts.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here one night for a business trip and was very pleased. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and ready when we arrived. Breakfast was hot and ready and they had very good coffee. I would stay here again if I travel back to the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had a very nice trip at this holiday inn. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Breakfast was nice. Hotel has a great staff. The lobby is beautiful. Would definilty reccomend to anyone traveling in this area. It is also not as pricey as the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mandeville, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel for several years and until this year were completely satisfied. Our stay this year was way below par. The lighting in our room was poor, in fact I went and bought replacement bulbs for the fixtures for better lighting. Our room itself was not as clean as it has been(poor lighting maybe?). Also the complimentary breakfast, which we have enjoyed in past years, has slipped in quality also. The south side entrance which is key entry is still out of order and has not been repaired in 2 years. Wifi was unreliable, we had to request an ethernet cable to access the internet.My wife and I will probably look for other hotels in the future, very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Larry F,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is our regret that you were not satisfied with your room accommodation during your recent stay with us as well as with the complimentary breakfast and internet service. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Lera M
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were a party of six staying for three nights and all had the same opinion of this hotel - It's OK, but hardly anything that would compare to other similar hotels. The rooms were not cleaned very well (wastepaper left on the bathroom floor, hair in the lavatory upon checking in, scum in the tub) and it was difficult for housekeeping staff to adequately stock the room.
Breakfast was mediocre at best. Sunday morning they were out of plates, two mornings there was no orange juice and the pancake machine did not work - ever.
They did offer very good cookies at check-in our first night. Never saw them again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear WilliamMoody,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. I am happy to know that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. I am sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay especially about the room's cleanliness and breakfast not living up to promise. I will address this with the staff to ensure we can improve in this aspect.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband is staying here for work and has been here for 3 weeks. As far as the room and the quality of Hotel, location ect it is nice. The quality and morals of some (not all) the people working at the hotel another story. One of the other wives came to visit her husband on her 3rd day here she left her room to get breakfast and while the housekeeping had "cleaned" her room $200 was stolen from her purse. She notified the front desk, and filed had to file a police report. The hotel said the would be having a meeting the next day with staff. Then I had sent my husband a week prior an anniversary card (with attn his name and rm #) in a big pink envelope tracking an all showed it had been delivered and he never received it. Which makes me wonder if maybe someone thought there was money in the card ect. It just makes me sad, bc usually we LOVE Holiday Inn Express. So, if staying at this hotel DO NOT LEAVE ANY BELONGINGS OF VALUE in your room. The hotel does have a pool, and continental breakfast, easy access to dining, and a weight room with a bike, treakmill, tv. Oh, and they also offer a free business center. Safe travels everyone!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear carmickleklan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our location nice and room accommodations commendable. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the unfortunate set of events that transpired during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team to prevent similar events from happening again.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments and once more I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Vivian, Louisiana.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a wedding to prepare for and needed to spend two nights in a hotel. I had stayed here before and had a really good stay. This time was no different the room was clean and the staff upon checking in was very nice. The only problem was on check out. I had given a credit card to hold the room telling the clerk that I would pay cash upon check out. When I checked out on Sunday I infact did pay cash but when I got home and checked my credit card I had also been charged for the room on it. I called and talked to the manager on Monday morning and he was really nice and said he would take care of the problem. He infact did take care of the problem and the person who caused the problem. I will stay there again when I need a good clean room.

Room Tip: Nice quite place in a nice area of town. Lots of shopping and resturants near by. Very good A/C un...