“Worst Hotel Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Austin Texas
“Worst Hotel Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

I rated this hotel a one (Terrible) only because there was nothing lower on the chart. This has to be the worst hotel you could possible ever stay in. Do not make the same mistake I made. Look at all the review on this website and understand no matter where you stay in Shreveport in would be better than this place.

Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

I cant believe the service I recieved at this property......It was wonderful....I was really impressed by the bellman services that met every need that I could ask for and more........What first let me know that this property was service oriented was during the time I was checking in...the front desk person shook the hand of the person that was checking in and asked "How were the kids"?....I mean they knew this guest enough to ask about their kids.........Along with everthing else wonderful......... We wanted to go to the Louisiana Boardwalk in Bossier City and didnt want to drive...so the front desk advised us that we werent going to drive because the hotel's Ford Excursion was going to take us....we were amazed..so during the ride over the driver asked us if we were enjoying our stay and did we need dinner reservations for that night..........we told him that everytime we come to Shreveport we try to get reservations at the Village Grille but always fail.......The driver pulls out his cell phone and gets reservations like it was no problem at all...I mean that is service.......I reccommend the Remington Suite Hotel to anyone that wants quality service....I mean its a little old but the staff makes up for it completely

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2006

This place was a dump, as is management of the hotel!!! The room was ok, but definitely needed remodeling. We stayed in the two story suite shown in their photo on their website. Trust me, it's aged since the photo. Our biggest issue was the noise from the bar right next door, that ended up forcing my wife and I to leave at 3 a.m. due to the noise. Worst of all, this was our honeymoon night. I just wish they would've warned me about the bar next door prior to my stay. It's called being upfront. To make matters worse, I had paid for my car to be securly parked behind the hotel in their warehouse. However, when I was getting ready to leave, I noticed my car on the street. Upon further inquiry, my car had been on the street since 11:30 that night, and right by the bar. Do not, I repeat, do not, stay at this hotel. You would be just as well served sleeping out of your own car.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport

Address: 220 Travis Street, Shreveport, LA 71101
Location: United States > Louisiana > Shreveport
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#1 Romantic Hotel in Shreveport
#1 Business Hotel in Shreveport
#5 Family Hotel in Shreveport
Hotel Class:3 star — The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport 3*
Relax at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa, where you will find luxurious accommodations in our newly renovated suites. The new decor reflects the hotel's unique residential feel and comfortable atmosphere. The Remington Suite Hotel is a classic, timeless boutique hotel that provides impeccable service, an attentive and friendly staff and thoughtful amenities to ensure your absolute comfort. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Remington Hotel Shreveport
Remington Suite Shreveport
Remington Suite Hotel Shreveport

If you own or manage The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.