“Perfect place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Sudan
“Perfect place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel has all the special touches that make one's stay so enjoyable. The whole staff was super nice and accommodating. The hotel has it's own charm with warm and inviting décor. The breakfast was wonderful with great food and coffee. The room had comfortable beds and a little kitchen. It's a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lufkin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversary, what a classy hotel with wonderful amenities. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, quite, and just top notch! The bed was so comfortable!! We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Owasso, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm so glad I did. The location is safe and convenient, the decor is rich and warm. The stone floors and all the dark wood add to the upscale but comfortable (non-stuffy) ambiance. The attention to detail is also impressive - I loved the dining table sets in the breakfast area with the little ceramic birds on the chair backs. I know that's a small thing but it's one of a multitude of "small things" that made me notice how beautiful this hotel is. All of the staff were exceedingly friendly, and the little box of chocolates delivered after check-in was a nice touch. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, both very nice, and again with the back drop of exposed brick wall, admired the ambiance and "boutique ness" of this place that made me never want to see a chain hotel again. Really, there is no comparison. Breakfast was a cut above the usual continental fare and wifi was decent. The bed was suuuuper comfy. My only disappointment was the $20 plus tax to park my car. I felt okay about leaving it on the street until it was stressed that their garage had 24-hour full security, then either way I was going to feel a little buzz kill...either insecure about my car overnight or reluctant about adding 22 bucks to my bill. I don't like buzz kills on vacation! But, as you can see, I'm still rating this lovely hotel a 5, so the parking situation was a small thorn in an otherwise lovely Remington rose!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite because my teenagers thought a two-level room would be "so cool" bu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I are from California and recently stayed at the Remington Suites Hotel in Shreveport.
We LOVED the decor and ambience of this boutique hotel. Every attention to detail was covered. The suites were beautifully decorated with inviting comfortable bedding that beckoned you.
From the warm friendly staff who were there to make sure your stay was perfect to fabulous homemade "red beans and rice" meal that was served for guest on sunday evenings!
We felt like we had stepped back in time with all the southern hospitality we received.

We only had a few days in Shreveport but we had such a great time at the Remington, we are planning to go back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are suites and uniquely decorated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Staff was top notch and hotel was beautiful. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable . If you are looking for a quiet getaway The Remington is the place to be. We will most definitely stay again .

• Stayed June 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My visit to the Remington left only one thing lacking...not enough hours to be there! I wish I had extended the time at the lovely hotel. The experience was perfect in every way. The surroundings were both beautiful and comfortable and the service was impeccable. I enjoyed the gym, and pool. Everything I needed was provided, and I'm thankful I had this time in the cozy environment. I plan to take advantage of the media room soon, and hope to return for another stay as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you enjoy boutique hotels and avoiding the chain hotels (and even if you don't), The Remington Hotel is the place to stay in Shreveport! My husband and I have stayed here several times for our honeymoon and anniversary trips. When we returned this year, we were excited to see the completed renovations. It took several years but they did an awesome job with the remodel!

The entrance and lobby area are unlike anything else you will experience in Shreveport. It's luxurious, welcoming and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and pleasant. Our room was wonderful and the bed was amazing! We loved the monogram linens. A nice southern touch. We felt like we were sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom was very nice with the jacuzzi tub as well as a great shower (our room, the Picasso, had a 2-in-1). Marble tile throughout the bathroom was beautiful. Even the bathroom soaps were nice. There was an alarm clock that was compatible with our smartphone but we didn't use it since we slept in on our stay.

My husband loved that there was a Keurig coffee maker for him to have his morning cup while I appreciated the complementary bottled water. The breakfast was nice and included several healthy options-yogurt, fruit, several varieties of bread, bagels, cereal, milk, juice and coffee.

There were so many other wonderful things about the hotel we didn't even get to try out since our stay was so brief. We hope to return to enjoy the spa and media room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!