“Amazing Fun Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Fall into the Remington
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
San Diego, California
“Amazing Fun Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I are from California and recently stayed at the Remington Suites Hotel in Shreveport.
We LOVED the decor and ambience of this boutique hotel. Every attention to detail was covered. The suites were beautifully decorated with inviting comfortable bedding that beckoned you.
From the warm friendly staff who were there to make sure your stay was perfect to fabulous homemade "red beans and rice" meal that was served for guest on sunday evenings!
We felt like we had stepped back in time with all the southern hospitality we received.

We only had a few days in Shreveport but we had such a great time at the Remington, we are planning to go back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are suites and uniquely decorated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Staff was top notch and hotel was beautiful. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable . If you are looking for a quiet getaway The Remington is the place to be. We will most definitely stay again .

• Stayed June 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My visit to the Remington left only one thing lacking...not enough hours to be there! I wish I had extended the time at the lovely hotel. The experience was perfect in every way. The surroundings were both beautiful and comfortable and the service was impeccable. I enjoyed the gym, and pool. Everything I needed was provided, and I'm thankful I had this time in the cozy environment. I plan to take advantage of the media room soon, and hope to return for another stay as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you enjoy boutique hotels and avoiding the chain hotels (and even if you don't), The Remington Hotel is the place to stay in Shreveport! My husband and I have stayed here several times for our honeymoon and anniversary trips. When we returned this year, we were excited to see the completed renovations. It took several years but they did an awesome job with the remodel!

The entrance and lobby area are unlike anything else you will experience in Shreveport. It's luxurious, welcoming and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and pleasant. Our room was wonderful and the bed was amazing! We loved the monogram linens. A nice southern touch. We felt like we were sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom was very nice with the jacuzzi tub as well as a great shower (our room, the Picasso, had a 2-in-1). Marble tile throughout the bathroom was beautiful. Even the bathroom soaps were nice. There was an alarm clock that was compatible with our smartphone but we didn't use it since we slept in on our stay.

My husband loved that there was a Keurig coffee maker for him to have his morning cup while I appreciated the complementary bottled water. The breakfast was nice and included several healthy options-yogurt, fruit, several varieties of bread, bagels, cereal, milk, juice and coffee.

There were so many other wonderful things about the hotel we didn't even get to try out since our stay was so brief. We hope to return to enjoy the spa and media room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Moore, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Really enjoyed our time at The Remington Suite in Shreveport last weekend. The location was central to everything we did while we were there - just perfect.

Very nice hotel, old world charm which I love! The staff was awesome and we LOVED our room! (the Picasso Room) Everyone was very friendly and accomodating - couldn't have been more pleased with our service while we were there.

Our room was beautiful. Nice sitting area with a bar and a television - room restroom with a jetted tub. Really nice bedroom with a small desk, big television and king sized bed - super comfortable bed I might add!

Our room and our stay was just lovely - I don't have one complaint about The Remington Suite - would stay there again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to anyone going to Shreveport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Telluride, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am sitting in my room on the day of checkout as I write this. I don't want to leave! I came here to shoot a short film and needed a block of rooms for cast and crew. I had originally planned to stay in sort of a dumpy hotel in Bossier City due to budget concerns. During location scouting, I ran across an employee of the hotel (Chris), who asked where I was staying while I was here. He suggested that I call the Remington and inquire about rates. I am incredibly glad I did. The hotel was only a fraction more than the other hotel I had reserved, and with early call times and late nights, I wanted to ensure that the cast and crew were comfortable.

The culture at the Remington is outstanding. Having managed a boutique 5-star hotel in a ski resort town, I know that keeping your staff happy is paramount to a good guest experience. Nowhere have I seen a culture of graciousness and happiness that I saw at the Remington. The influence of this on the guest experience is palpable. I felt more like a very cared-for cousin in an extended family rather than a guest at a hotel. I had beers with the staff next door at the Stray Cat (also recommended as a watering-hole), dished with Yvonne and Molly in the spa while sharing a glass of wine, and had extended chats with almost every member of the staff while I was there.

I truly feel that the experience at the hotel influenced the cast and crew to doing the best work they were capable of, knowing that they were cared for and had a comfortable place to crash at night. The staff even brought out breakfast items early for 5am call times.

Bottom line: I can't imagine staying anywhere else on a visit to Shreveport. And the Remington is a destination in and of itself. My only complaint is that there isn't a Remington Suites Hotel in every location that I visit. Bravo.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe suites during the week! Great rates and very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bastrop, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our room was beautiful! I was especially impressed with the bathroom (done in marble with separate bathtub and shower). I took extra showers during my two night stay because they were so relaxing and I felt like I was in a spa. Our room was spacious and artsy. We also enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!