“Very friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed with some friends at the Remington for a wedding in Shreveport last weekend.

First of all, the people who work there could not be more polite. If it was helping with something and talking over breakfast, they certainly know customer service.

The hotel is in walking distance from most downtown attractions. The rooms are spacious and great for having guests with separate sitting area. Room was clean and in good shape.

The included breakfast was great and something I think it a major perk. Would definitely stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Taylor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went for trip to Shrevport for gaming and had our little companion with us and most all casinos don't let little friends in. So we called The Remington agin and how great they are!!1 They will make you feel soooo at home and your little friends!! Wonderful location just a short walk to 2 casinos and the night life by the river!! Good food in the area as well. Spend little extra from the free casino rooms and stay here if you want to really relax!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a small hotel in the downtown area of Shreveport. We booked based on past Trip Advisor reviews. Although the building is older, the rooms have been renovated. Very clean and quiet. Nice amenities in the room. A great nights sleep while on a road trip. But, no on site bar or restaurant, a continental breakfast buffet is included in the hotel rate.
Parking is either on the street or a valet at $20/night in a covered garage with security cameras. Makes you feel you don't want to leave your car on the street.
Staff was pleasant and helpful. Fairly priced if parking was included in the rate rather than an add-on.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the ground level or the second floor, we'd suggest you request the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at the Remington March 21, 2013. It was a brief stay. Only overnight, but it set the expectation for the rest of my travels. The location was ideal to shopping and casinos. I didn't have the time to do either and it was quite cold. The design, and comfort of the hotel is what impressed me. Valet was timely and a well worth it flat fee. My only disappointments, the jetted tub needed some elbow grease for grout removal, it was also slow to fill, and would not stay full unless the water was constantly running. Also there was no onsite dinning or room service... I had to hunt down food. Hated that. On an AMAZING note the 2-Story Suite with the spiral staircase was beautiful, floor to ceiling windows brought wondrous light. A little tight for the not so lean however. Entry into the room on both levels and prompt answers at the front desk were also a plus. Fortunately, I was advised they are adding dinning options in the near future. One of them being roof top dinning. I will be back to see the updates. Soon!

Room Tip: For a romantic getaway, choose the two-story suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, TX United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our stay at The Remington Hotel, was incredible. The staff was so helpful, polite and most of all attentive. The building is really nice looking and located in a GREAT area but what was really awesome was the rooms. I reserved two rooms adjoining for my family of five. When we walked in, they already knew who we were and had EVERYTHING prepped and in place. The rooms were gorgeous. Each room had a plush king size bed, huge bathrooms with a jacuzzi bath tubs, living room area totally modernized. The attention to detail, EXCELLENT. The cleanliness of the room, EXCELLENT. We felt completely at home there and hated to leave.
When I reserved the rooms three weeks in advance, I spoke to Mr. Larry Lincoln and he arranged everything, I could not have been happier.
My daughter left her exercise board in the lobby of the hotel accidentally and, the staff actually held on to it, contacted us and arranged to have it shipped to my residence in Texas.
The pool was beautiful, my three kids had the time of their lives using the pool and the hot tub.
The price for the rooms was incredible reasonable, and can say whole heartedly that if and when my family ever get back to Shreveport LA, we will be staying at The Remington.
Absolutely wonderful.
The Young Family

Room Tip: Ask for Larry Lincoln.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I checked into this hotel for two nights and, since I paid in cash, had to pay an extra 300 deposit. Far enough. The room was nice, jacuzzi tub was great. I was there for only a few hours before I left the room to enjoy Shreveport. While I was gone, the maids snuck into my room, ignoring the "Do Not Disturb" sign I made sure to hang on the door, and the fact that I had told the manager I did not want maid service. The staff accused me of towel theft because I took a couple of extra towels (maybe 3) from the maid cart. The maid saw me and I showed and told her about the towels. It was no big deal to me. I get extra towels at nearly every hotel I stay in. It was no more than 3 towels and 3 washcloths and I was to be there 2 nights and did not want maid service. The rooms are nice and if you are not a pretty young woman, the staff will likely be very nice to you. All discrimination is wrong and hotel staff is there to make all paying guests feel welcome. If they snuck into my room, what would stop them from sneaking into yours? The experience I had shows what the staff of the hotel is capable of. I have stayed at 4, 4.5, and 5 star hotels across the country and never had any problems. I get some extra towels and leave them right there when I leave. I would not dream of stealing anything from anyone. This experience was horrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Louis M, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

It is the practice of the Remington Suite Hotel & Spa to respond to all guest comments, especially those that indicate we did not meet their expectations.

This is somewhat difficult in your case, as only you, the hotel management, and Shreveport Police are aware of the reason that your stay was upended and cut short. Any and all action taken was in the best interest and safety of all patrons, customers, staff and property.

Due to this incident, I am sure that your visit to the Remington Hotel and Shreveport in particularly, was not a memorable one, thus, in the best interest of your confidentiality, we feel further elaboration is not deemed necessary.

The Remington Hotel Suite and Spa
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wow! We were so impressed! Friendly and helpful service and the hotel was amazing! Everything about our room perfect! We stayed in one of the grand suites on their Sunday night special. What a deal! Offered dinner and breakfast which were exceptional! Walking distance to casinos.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!