“Will Return Again... Soon!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Fall into the Remington
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Will Return Again... Soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at the Remington March 21, 2013. It was a brief stay. Only overnight, but it set the expectation for the rest of my travels. The location was ideal to shopping and casinos. I didn't have the time to do either and it was quite cold. The design, and comfort of the hotel is what impressed me. Valet was timely and a well worth it flat fee. My only disappointments, the jetted tub needed some elbow grease for grout removal, it was also slow to fill, and would not stay full unless the water was constantly running. Also there was no onsite dinning or room service... I had to hunt down food. Hated that. On an AMAZING note the 2-Story Suite with the spiral staircase was beautiful, floor to ceiling windows brought wondrous light. A little tight for the not so lean however. Entry into the room on both levels and prompt answers at the front desk were also a plus. Fortunately, I was advised they are adding dinning options in the near future. One of them being roof top dinning. I will be back to see the updates. Soon!

Room Tip: For a romantic getaway, choose the two-story suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
El Paso, TX United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our stay at The Remington Hotel, was incredible. The staff was so helpful, polite and most of all attentive. The building is really nice looking and located in a GREAT area but what was really awesome was the rooms. I reserved two rooms adjoining for my family of five. When we walked in, they already knew who we were and had EVERYTHING prepped and in place. The rooms were gorgeous. Each room had a plush king size bed, huge bathrooms with a jacuzzi bath tubs, living room area totally modernized. The attention to detail, EXCELLENT. The cleanliness of the room, EXCELLENT. We felt completely at home there and hated to leave.
When I reserved the rooms three weeks in advance, I spoke to Mr. Larry Lincoln and he arranged everything, I could not have been happier.
My daughter left her exercise board in the lobby of the hotel accidentally and, the staff actually held on to it, contacted us and arranged to have it shipped to my residence in Texas.
The pool was beautiful, my three kids had the time of their lives using the pool and the hot tub.
The price for the rooms was incredible reasonable, and can say whole heartedly that if and when my family ever get back to Shreveport LA, we will be staying at The Remington.
Absolutely wonderful.
The Young Family

Room Tip: Ask for Larry Lincoln.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I checked into this hotel for two nights and, since I paid in cash, had to pay an extra 300 deposit. Far enough. The room was nice, jacuzzi tub was great. I was there for only a few hours before I left the room to enjoy Shreveport. While I was gone, the maids snuck into my room, ignoring the "Do Not Disturb" sign I made sure to hang on the door, and the fact that I had told the manager I did not want maid service. The staff accused me of towel theft because I took a couple of extra towels (maybe 3) from the maid cart. The maid saw me and I showed and told her about the towels. It was no big deal to me. I get extra towels at nearly every hotel I stay in. It was no more than 3 towels and 3 washcloths and I was to be there 2 nights and did not want maid service. The rooms are nice and if you are not a pretty young woman, the staff will likely be very nice to you. All discrimination is wrong and hotel staff is there to make all paying guests feel welcome. If they snuck into my room, what would stop them from sneaking into yours? The experience I had shows what the staff of the hotel is capable of. I have stayed at 4, 4.5, and 5 star hotels across the country and never had any problems. I get some extra towels and leave them right there when I leave. I would not dream of stealing anything from anyone. This experience was horrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Louis M, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

It is the practice of the Remington Suite Hotel & Spa to respond to all guest comments, especially those that indicate we did not meet their expectations.

This is somewhat difficult in your case, as only you, the hotel management, and Shreveport Police are aware of the reason that your stay was upended and cut short. Any and all action taken was in the best interest and safety of all patrons, customers, staff and property.

Due to this incident, I am sure that your visit to the Remington Hotel and Shreveport in particularly, was not a memorable one, thus, in the best interest of your confidentiality, we feel further elaboration is not deemed necessary.

The Remington Hotel Suite and Spa
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wow! We were so impressed! Friendly and helpful service and the hotel was amazing! Everything about our room perfect! We stayed in one of the grand suites on their Sunday night special. What a deal! Offered dinner and breakfast which were exceptional! Walking distance to casinos.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Remington was great. Wonderful service and the rooms are first class. Only left wishing there was more going on in their neighborhood besides casinos. Not many restaurants and things to do in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013
Leesville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed there for our anniversary on Valentine's Day and we will definitely return next time we're in the Shreveport/Bossier area. This is why:

1. We were greeted by friendly,helpful staff and given red velvet cupcakes with cheesecake filling on top (it is like they knew I was coming!) - so delicious! All of the staff (receptionist, bellhop, custodians, etc.) have EXCELLENT customer service skills; we were truly impressed!

2. One of the staff members helped us with our luggage and when we got to the room, he quickly inspected the room to double check that all the lights were in working order and that the room was perfect - which we appreciated.

3. The room smelled and looked clean! We are germaphobes...as in we carry Clorox wipes when we stay at hotels and bring an extra towel just in case. There was no need here! It was well dusted and could not find a piece of hair or nail clippings. The towels, pillow, and sheets were spotless too!

4. The General Manager, Lou, also left us a sweet, hand-written "Happy Anniversary" card along with a box of chocolates. We appreciate this so much and it made our stay extra special! Thank you Lou!!!

5. We did not have a whole lot of time for breakfast, but they offer a nice spread. They had some of my favorites - Greek yogurt and fresh banana-nut muffins! They also have a variety of breads!

6. The hotel is just lovely and relaxing, and it's at a great location - especially if you plan on visiting The Boardwalk for shopping or food.

7. The rooms have PLENTY of space and storage. As a girly girl - I like to have an area to do hair and makeup that is not in the bathroom so I'm out of the way...and there was a nice dresser with mirror in the room that had outlets next to it. It just made our stay a little more pleasant!

I can see why the Remington Suite Hotel is rated #1! They definitely deserve the title! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!!!

Thing to keep in mind:

There is not a parking lot for the hotel. However, there are parallel parking spots all around it. Just make sure by 8am that you put some coins in the meter so you don't get a ticket! The staff informed us of it when we checked in - cause they are great like that!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a charming and beautiful hotel, and the staff are outstanding. It is so nice to see a group tha truly understands what a commitment to the customer really means. Thank you Remington for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!