“Best service ever....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Best service ever....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My hubby and I are having a baby in November and wanted a short overnight to get away other than Dallas. We have two dogs and love to take them with us when we travel. This property is very pet friendly and was more than accomodating when it came to our furry family. They provided kennels, chew toys, treats and even pet beds at no extra charge! It was all ready and setup for us when we arrived and even a complimentary upgrade to a suite. They, "had one available for the same price and knew it would've better for us to all fit!" So thoughtful! There is a 30 dollar per pet fee but so worth it in our opinion! The entire staff is helpful, kind, and sweet! We felt at home and very very comfortable! Nice downtown location, close to everything and smoke free! The rooms are not fancy but very comfy beds, old jacuzzi tubs but very functional and relaxing! Believe me.... We tend to prefer trendy 4star and above hotels and never come to Shreveport because there is nothing that compares, and I think they changed our minds! Now off to Herby K's for lunch! :)

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lufkin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Out of all of the hotels and B&B's we've ever stayed in, The Remington is by far the nicest, most reasonably priced place to stay! Plenty of room in their Premier Suite, very clean, very private and very quiet! My hubby and I stayed here for a romantic getaway after his return home from a year long tour in Afghanistan and I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff and the hotel itself. The location is perfect if you want a drink or even dine out and the Louisiana Boardwalk is only a couple minutes away.The manager greeted us before we even walked through the door to welcome us and we were upgraded at no extra charge due to his military status. Thank you very much for a pleasant and unforgettable stay!!!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The owners have done a fantastic job with this property! It is like an oasis in the heart of the city. All of the small upgrades and amenities.... the stone and ironwork with the dark finished wood make this a very warm and inviting atmosphere. The pool was very inviting. My room was a 2 story suite. The bed was plush and filled with pillows. The only thing I wish was different was the spiral staircase. It was a little snug for me and it was easier going up than coming down. 4 to 6 more inches wider with an inner rail would have been a little more comfortable for me. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the suite. The staff were very friendly and made you feel as if they appreciated your business. I would love to visit during the winter. The atmosphere was soo cozy that I am sure a winter stay will be even more inviting. If you go, make sure you try the cheese grits in the morning. It's a southern specialty and they do it right.

Room Tip: Call and ask questions before booking. The staff is very helpful and will help you choose the best f...
Moultrie, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband surprised me with an anniversary getaway for our 12th, and my only regret is that we didn't get to stay for more than one night! 100% of our stay was amazing in every way. This place provides so many personal touches that chain hotels just cannot compete with. We were personally escorted to our suite by the super friendly gal at the front desk, who then valet parked our vehicle (which, by the way, was always available within 5 minutes of us calling for it). She was super helpful about recommendations for restaurants and attractions. The hotel wasn't busy at all, which surprises me because of it's amazingness; but I think there are like only 22 suites. We got the "Fun Friday" special, which knocked 15% off our total; but to make it even more wonderful, they gave us a free upgrade for our anniversary!

The interior of the place is so cool, not anything like the typical cookie-cutter corridors of a chain place. The hallways are winding, and we got lost a couple of times while exploring; but no worries ~ there are maps up all over the place. There are random treats like a window looking down on a waterfall, or a neat banquet room at the top of a staircase with a mirrored wall. The pool looked amazing, but we didn't have time to utilize it; and the fitness room exceeds any I've ever seen in a hotel.

The bed was super comfy, even according to my hubby, who pretty much complains about every mattress we ever sleep on. ;-) There was a flat screen TV in the bedroom and another in the living room, so I got to sit around in my plush, luxurious robe and watch Food Network while he watched... whatever it is he watches. LOL

I didn't go downstairs for breakfast, but my husband was pretty impressed. All the stuff you'd expect to find at a continental b'fast (coffee, juices, pastries, etc.) plus sausage, eggs (he said they were "real," not powdered LOL), and other goodies. Checkout wasn't til noon, so we savored every moment of our wonderful stay. Would we go back? In a heartbeat! I could even see us staying there comfortably with our six kids in one suite.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Remington Suite Hotel. The hotel is close to everything, yet quiet and private. I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and history of the building. My suite was just lovely and the windows were a work of art (the bedroom looks out into an alley and the frosted glass windows are truly like beautiful glass sculptures). The suite had everything I needed and more - two flat screen TVs, refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker and coffee, robes, extra pillows and blanket, nice towels - and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Breakfast was extensive - cereals, muffins, breads, several kinds of yogurt, coffee and juice. I understand there is a hot breakfast casserole served later in the morning, too.

The staff is kind and caring and really went above and beyond. I can't thank them enough! I truly felt spoiled.

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This small, quiet hotel is located downtown, away from the hustle and bustle of the casinos. Parking is limited to the street (free meters between 5pm and 8am), parking garage (not part of the hotel), or valet. Valet parking is quick and safe. Breakfast options at the hotel are sparse, but there are several downtown restaurants are within walking distance. Though most downtown locations are closed after 3pm.

If you are tired of the same corporate stamped hotel lobby, room, and service... give this European styled hotel some attention. It will surprise you.

If you require room service and a hotel restaurant... this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I am posting below an email I wrote the manager moments ago on our stay at the Remington Suites earlier this week!

Mr. Martinelli -

We throughly enjoyed our stay at The Remington ... everything was perfect, especially your associates!

The ladies that I spoke with in the process of making reservations, Nancy and Tikeysha were outstanding on the phone and later when we had the pleasure of meeting them.

The young ladies that worked the desk ... especially Shelby who checked us in and apparently works 12 to 20 hours a day, so very accommodating, thoughtful, gracious, charming and first class in every respect.

Madelyn (incorrect spelling) ... charming and very helpful!

Your assistant manager, forgot his first name ... Mr. Tujaque ... fun and a pleasure to visit with, I know his cousin!

One of the hotel house keepers, Robinette (sp?) was very, very accommodating!

. . . and you, assisting Rita with restaurant suggestions, printing out two favorite Italian menus!

You have put together a very outstanding team that understand and demonstrate 'customer service' at every opportunity!

Our sincere compliments!

Suite 9 is outstanding!

We'll be back!

Many thanks for a perfect four nights and three days!

m

Milton Waldoff

Room Tip: The Remington is a small boutique hotel with 22 suites ... Suite 9 is the only suite we were in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!