“Ehhhh” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Shreveport, LA
“Ehhhh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I always hear people talking about Jason's deli and how wonderful it is, but I would have to disagree with those peeps. This place has average service and in my opinion a less than average sandwich. I have tried this place twice and have no reason to go back with all the other better options in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Springhill, Louisiana
“Brought In A Group of 20”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We brought in a group of 20 this past Sunday about 11am. We were told we couldn't make reservations, but we could put tables together once we got there. The food was delicious, the food came out fast, and we were all able to sit together. The ice cream is to die for! I suggest if you are bringing in a group, arrive no later than 11. It got crowded, QUICK! Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The food is always delicious and the staff go above and beyond.
Brought over a high chair and a milk for my child, asked what drink I wanted and brought it over while I got the high chair set up. This busy mom was so grateful!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Platteville, WI
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very healthy, yummy choices. Salads, sandwiches, pasta, and soups. The Toatoe Basil sou was so good. They have every item you can think of on the saad bar including health breads and seeds.

Visited May 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Two terrible experiences; I'm out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been to Jason's Delis in other cities before. I think it generally pretty good, though a bit overpriced. But this particular location falls far below the usual Jason's Deli service standards.

The first time I went there, I called in my order. They told me 10-15 minutes. I got there about 15 minutes after I called. The food was not ready. No big deal. I'll wait a few minutes. 20 minutes later, I get the attention of the girl behind the counter: "Is my sandwich ready yet?"
"What's your name?"
"Ralph, like I just told you a few minutes ago."
"Oh, your sandwich was ready like a minute after you walked in. Have you been standing there the whole time?"
"Yeah, I was standing right there, in your plain view, after giving you my name. So now my hot sandwich is 20-minutes worth of cold, right?"
"I'm so sorry."
"Uh-huh."

Against my better judgment I gave it a second try. I called in the order again: "Can I get a full muffaletta?"
"Sure, full or half?"
"[Sigh.] Full."
"Turkey or ham and salami?"
--Pause for a second, turkey on a muffaletta? Seriously? Okay, whatever.--
"Do you want olives on it?"
"Uh yeah, you heard me say muffaletta, right?"
"I don't know if we can do that. Let me get my manager and see if we can do that."
"Hold on, darling. See if you can do what?"
"Put it on rye bread."
"What are you talking about? I didn't ask for rye bread."
I'll spare you the agony of reading the rest of the conversation. Suffice it to say, I got turkey and olives on rye bread. It costs me about $13.00.

• Visited April 2013