“Typical Tex-Mex” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Typical Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are in the mood for Tex-Mex, this is a choice. The food is about what you would expect from a Tex-Mex place. I do like the healthy choices they list on their menu. The service is good, and they have live music on the patio on some nights which sets it apart from most places. If the weather is cool, the patio is a great place to go and listen to some music while you eat.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
“Great Margaritas, Overwhelming Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great margaritas and you can't beat the .99 margaritas on Monday's and Tuesdays (and they are STRONG). Their food is great, at least everything that I've had.

I do understand what people are saying about the service, that it isn't stellar, but it also isn't terrible. They are knowledgable about the menu and helpful with suggestions. The chips are wonderful too, can't forget about that.

The menu is HUGE. Maybe a bit too big. That being said, the things that they have are different and interesting, so it is fun to try new things at this place. They do the staples well, but the new stuff I've tried like chcicken and eggs were great too!

Seriously just a great place to kick back and relax after work with friends and co-workers. It has quickly become my go-to suggestion for friends and family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Good Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Decent Lunch prices and plenty on the plate for the hungry lunch-goer. Never had bad service in several trips both day and night and enjoyed each meal thus far. I find it to be a nice new place on the edge of Little Dallas (South Youree Drive)

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not the best service, food okay, prices high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The service has been lackluster since day one. We have given them at least three more visits to see if the kinks were worked out and they are not. The wait for food is just too long. The menu offers many options however, on two visits my first choices were not available due to lack of ingredients or the cook hadn't learned how to make them.

The food itself is average, nothing to get overly excited about. We made our final visit just a couple weeks ago, Shreveport/Bossier so needs a GOOD Mexican restaurant. I will say the fish fajitas are the best dish I've had there, but overly salty and way too pricey for what you get.
I do like that they have the hundreds of options Coke machine as that allows me a caffeine free diet option that MANY establishments just don't have.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Good Tex-Mex, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I patronized this establishment this past Monday (March 25) after accidentally noticing their sign at what was "On the Border" some time ago. The menu is extensive, taking some time to cover. Our server, Xavir, was friendly and efficient, if not exactly well-versed in the English language. We both had a version of the chilii relleno, which turned out to be good, although not nearly as good as what my wife makes for me. The salsa was tasty, not too spicy though, which for us is a minus as we like it hot. The chips were hot and fresh. Overall I would say that our experience was good, it is a decent tex-mex restaurant with huge portions and good service. We will likely return to try some of the other menu offerings.

• Visited March 2013