“DISGUSTING HORRIBLE FULL OF ROACHES!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Plantation Inn Of Shreveport
Plantation Inn Of Shreveport
4901 Greenwood Rd., Shreveport, LA 71109   |
Ranked #36 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
“DISGUSTING HORRIBLE FULL OF ROACHES!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

So I'm actually sittin in the room right now as I write this. It started off alright with a few exceptions( dirty nasty gray soapscum stains in the tub, dirty floors, something unknown in the freezer part of the fridge) well then I saw a bug, which my Fiance proceeds to tell me is just a waterbug. Well we brought in some things from the car, and headed out to see a friend of mine. All was quiet (and quite smelly), the boys had dinner and were laying in bed watching tv. I get up to go smoke in the bathroom, and wouldn't you know it, a pretty decent sized cockroach was sitting on the door jamb staring at me. So I killed it. Then I came back by the bed, to find the ashtray, moved a few things on the 'nightstand' and a couple babies take off....so I kill them too. Well since our tv has no buttons and was getting loud since they both fell asleep, I grab the remote to turn it down. Well it just wouldn't work. So I took the back off to check the batteies, and here come like 5 more babies running at me. I threw the damn thing, disgusted... and all of a sudden its just come to life. The entire inside of the tv remote control was full of babies. So here I sit in the chair scouring the room searching for more of them, and I am running off of 4 hours of sleep almost 48 hours ago...and after drivng almost 20 hours myself yesterday and this morning alone. I'm beat...can barely keep my eyes open, but yet I feel its my motherly duty to watch over my old man and son. The blanket on the bed is so gross I had to get my own. Well I was walking around barefoot (not a good idea) and I go to turn on one of the bedside lamps, and got shocked....literally! I had to put my flip flops back on to be able to turn it on. There are exposed wires coming off the ac unit, and whoever commented on the shower water....omg so right. I think its messed up they have so many no refund signs in the office. They get u to agree to no refunds before you know how nasty it is. I'm going to tell them face to face what I have thought of my stay....and 1 more night of being wide awake ought to make me quite grumpy by then. There was someone smoking crack in the parking lot....and I'm afraid of my car being broken into. And as I sit here writing this...and enormous roach just crawled down the blanket I brought that the boys are using to cover up with. They need their sleep...but really? I have an Autistic son who turns 7 this month....and I just keep watching him like a hawk. Let me see 1 crawl on him...I will be in that lobby so fast snapping off they won't know what hit them. I am very protective of both of them, and this is making me sick. Neither of us slept yesterday so one of us has to now so we can get back on the road. I'm beyond tired....but beyond sickened out wins over tired any day. My lamp shades keep randomly moving on their own, and someone keeps tapping on my door. I'm itching all over from feeling gross even just standing in this room. I will never return...and if you stay check the phone books...I left a note to future guests.

K,J&C

• Stayed August 2011

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

When I opened the door and flipped the light switch, nothing happened. I could see a faint glow from the bathroom, so I made my way there to turn on that light. The glow was coming from a ventilation register on the wall which was partly covered by the mirror. I wondered why there would be light coming from there so I stood on my toes and could see the ceiling of another room.

After turning on the bathroom light, I took the chair into the bathrrom to look through that register and could see right into someone else's bathroom. There was a pile of ceramic tiles on the floor under the sink and a hole in the wall about the size of a shoebox lid.

Most of the grout between the floor tiles in the bathroom was mildewed, and the tub was stained to a depth of about 3", which was just about how deep the water gets while showering. The toilet seat wouldn't go all the way up because of a shelf over the tank. If sitting on the toilet, the lid rests against your back. Standing in front of it you have you hold the lid up.

I checked every outlet in the room and none responded to the switch by the door. The room was hot and stuffy as it had been closed up all day. The AC would chug along for about 30 minutes and then shut off for about 40. It did that all night and took all night to cool the room. The carpet in front of the bathroom door was soaked, which I discovered in my sock feet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

If I had one word to describe this hotel it would be DUMP. They should change its name from the Plantation inn to the Roach Motel. The room was infested with roaches. It was filthy and it stunk. There were holes in the wall. The "comforter" - (what they would call one) had blood stains on it. The carpet was filthy. There was no water pressure in the sink. The box spring on the bed was busted and it was the worst bed I have ever slept in. When taking a shower, you had your choice of a hot or cold shower, not warm. I would not reccomend this motel to anyone. Every hotel and motel in Bossier City and Shreveport was booked. I should have known when I called and they still had 3 rooms available.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The Filth
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jackson,ms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

I visit Shreveport pretty regularly and everytime I stay at the Plantation.Not only because I have gotten used to it but in this day and age even though I work 6-7 days a week I do not have $200+ to spend on a hotel room for one night! So my recommendation is bring your own sheets and blanket and be thankful that with gas prices as high as they are you only had to spend $35 for a average hotel.

i

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The neighborhood could have been a little more appealing.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Do no recommend staying there. The sheets were nasty, bed linens were not even changed. Pubic hair everywhere! Nasty! I could not sleep all night long. Beds had a bad case of bed bugs, I was itching all night long. Manager was not accomodating and would not give refund. I will be contacing the health department.
Would have been more comfortable staying inside my car.

NOt even a star. Negative 100%

V

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Tips/Secrets — yes dont stay there even if they pay you
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2006

We arrived to find a dirty hotel! The ceiling tiles had severe water damage, the floor and tables had dirt and trash on them, and the location of the hotel was not in a great neighborhood. The parking lot was small and some parts were under construcion, leaving very little room to park. We ended up not staying there because of the condition of the hotel. We did not talk to the staff as to offer a complaint, because there was nothing to be done to immediately fix the problems we saw.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

I just wanted to let people Know that the Plantation Inn Of Shreveport is a great place to stop and lay youre head. great price and frendly people .nice restaurant ,and a great little lounge. far enough away from downtown but clase enough to be there in minnets. great access to major highways and the airport.

P.S.
If you go to the lounge tell Jerrie behind the bar Bobby Jerden said HI.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Plantation Inn Of Shreveport? Share your experiences!