“Hotel/Casino with Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 28 Attractions in Shreveport
Activities: Gambling
San Antonio, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Hotel/Casino with Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed 2 nights, very nice rooms, large comfortable bed, small frig, coffee maker, iron/board all worked well. Large shower/tub, separate vanity for ladies with mirror. Safe in closet to store valuables. Breakfast (pay) in one restaurant, buffet for lunch/dinner in another. They have a 24 hr coffee shop too. If you gamble there (or are a senior) can get buffet for 1/2 price. Buffet was filling and tasty. Nice desserts. Casino was nice, 3 "decks" with some tables and slots all around. I liked the video poker the most. My guess is the regular slots are not as "loose" as other casinos in town, so stick with tables and video poker where your decisions can help with odds.
The Staff was superb, waitresses all around in casinos to get you drinks and they have a free soda dispenser machine for that quick pick-me-up. Highly recommend Sams Town for a good time gambling. Enjoy!

Visited May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Havana, Illinois
“Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The buffet needs some work some of the food was awesome some wasn't the casino was. Great had a awesome time staff was great in the casino staff at the buffet needs some work slow getting you drinks to table and getting clearing plates off table I will go back to casino but not the buffet needs someone to look over staff better in buffet

Prairieville, Louisiana
“Great room and great slots.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights and my room was large with a refrigerator but no microwave. The service was great and had a good time playing slots. I would recommend staying here to my friends. And I will stay here again. I can honestly say I liked it better than the Horseshoe.

St. Thomas
5 attraction reviews
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We didnt stay here only gambled here. But the Service was superior. There were ample waitress coming around and taking drink orders. I didnt notice that there was much smoking in the area we were in either. Thats a plus for me

Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Like the variety of slots!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We usually stay and play at the Eldorado, but got tired of the "same old slots" every time we go. We ventured next door to Sam's Town. You really get a feeling of being on a boat (walking up the gang plank, smaller floors, lower ceilings, engine rumble) as opposed to the Eldorado, but the variety of slots was immediately apparent. Another nice difference was the walk-up refreshment station. We will probably stay at theEldorado, but we will always take a stroll over to Sam's Town for a change of scenery.