“Filthy -- Long line to get refunds” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Shreveport

You added Motel 6 Shreveport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7296 Greenwood Road, Shreveport, LA 71119 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Tyler Texas USA
“Filthy -- Long line to get refunds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

When we looked at the room, the bedspread was rumpled, the sheets were not entirely on the bed, and were filthy. We went down to the office to get a refund, and there was a long line -- probably 20 people -- waiting to get refunds. We got the refund and drove till late that night to get home to sleep in our own bed. I disinfected our bags and anything that had contact with any surface in the motel room.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Davis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

This Motel 6, which surprised me with a higher bill than other Motel 6s and no posted prices, is disgusting and maybe a little scary. The grounds are filthy, the rooms barely adequate even by Motel 6 standards and other guests--a scary lot--freely loitered outside their rooms till all hours of the night. Our room didn't have a refrigerator or microwave and we had to pay extra for wi-fi.

We're on a cross country drive with a dog, staying at Motel 6s along the way because it is an inexpensive, pet-friendly chain. After seeing the unevenness with which these motels are administered, I'm starting to wonder just what kind of standards and oversight Motel 6 provides their franchisees.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

This place was nasty. After tax it cost 50 bucks, and for 50 bucks you should at least get a place that is sorta clean. The sheets were stained and covered in hairs. I went to the front desk to get clean sheets and they didn't have any, so we put our sleeping bags on top of the covers. The tub and sink were filthy and stained. Trust me, you DO NOT want to stay here.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

The cost was $39.99 ($45.32). Other motels in area were double the price. I inspected room prior to check in. Sheets and showers were clean. What more do you want for $45?

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No shampoo
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We booked online after seeing a picture of one of the newer Motel 6 properties at this Shreveport location. When we got there, it wasn't new at all. The building was completely ghetto. We wanted to cancel after driving up and seeing it. Unfortunately we arrived just after 6:00, which is the cut-off time, so we couldn't cancel our reservation. The room was small, our tv remote had no batteries, and there was a footprint of gunk ground into the carpet by the bathroom. We went out to visit family and came back to the room late. When I went to turn down the bed, there were NUMEROUS hairs and stuff on the sheets. It looked like they hadn't been washed. There was NO WAY I was sleeping in that. So, around 11:30 at night, I had to call the front desk to find out if they had another room. They did, but it had two double beds instead of a king. We took it. The new room looked slightly cleaner and the beds were fine, but there were hairs by the sink, the shower curtain had dirt on it, and there was some unknown gunk under the handicapped rail in the shower. *sigh* We slept ok, but wore flip-flops in the shower the next morning. I couldn't wait to check out of there. I honestly believe every germ and bacteria on God's green earth was having a party in that motel. There were also bags of garbage just sitting in the stairwells, which was pretty nasty. If this had been a restaurant, I would have turned them in to the health department.

I have stayed in many Motel 6 locations over the years, even old buildings, and never had a problem like this. This was completely unacceptable and disgusting. I cannot believe that Motel 6 would allow their name to be associated with this building. I don't mind staying in Motel 6 in the future, but never this location, and I will never book in advance with them again. You can't trust the pictures on their website. They are not representative of the property appearance.

We paid around $63 (with tax), but it was worth more like $5. The only decent, saving grace is that the staff was nice.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I've stayed in plenty of Motel 6 locations throughout the US and they have been fine. This one was awful. My non-smoking room smelled like a cigarette box. I did not feel safe at all with the area and sketchiness of what was going on in the parking lot. It was such a bad experience that I left after being there for 30 minutes, drove a little bit down the road and found a different place to stay. The Motel 6 website completely misrespresented this facility with the photo they used.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Az.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

Gosh, Where do I start on this one? We have stayed at different Motel 6's all over the country since my wife and I travel extensively. We were traveling from Florida and had made reservations earlier in the day so that we could get there, get into the room, and go out and get something to eat. It was also our wedding anniversary, so I had hoped to treat her to some food that was different than what we were used to in Arizona.
Anyway, Whenever I called in to make reservations I talked to a women named "Keesha" who told me that she would need a major credit card to hold the room. OK, No problem, I thought. I gave her the information, and she gave me the confirmation number, and I thought that everything was OK. That is, Until we tried to check in .
Upon checking in we were met at the door by a handwritten statement on the door that said that they were accepting "Cash only". I asked the women at the counter as to why they were doing this, and she said it was because their Credit Card machine was down, and they could not run the Cards. (The Credit Card Machine had been down for......get this....3 weeks!!) My wife asked the women behind the counter why they were taking Credit Cards over the phone in the first place if their Machine was down. She gave us some kind of vague answer. I asked her why I was not informed at the time I called to the problems that they were having concerning the Credit Card Machine. She said that she was not the person who answered the phone and took the call in the first place or she would have told me. But, She was the same person. I can't prove it, Because she didn't even have a name tag on, But she was the same person. Her attitude was one to behold. She acted like she didn't care whether we had a room or not. She offered no apologies, nor was she even sympathetic, or even friendly for that matter. We had the cash, But because of her attitude we elected to stay somewhere else.
We have stayed in different Motel 6's on our travels. Some have been good, Some bad. But this Employee just made a bad situation worse.
I will NEVER,EVER stay at this Motel 6 again!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Shreveport? Share your experiences!