“Very cheap bargain for I-20 travelers, no problems at all” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Shreveport

You added Motel 6 Shreveport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7296 Greenwood Road, Shreveport, LA 71119 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Raleigh, NC
“Very cheap bargain for I-20 travelers, no problems at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I got one of the rooms in the front row of the motel, facing the highway. Despite that, there wasn't any road noise in the room, and I got a good night's sleep. Total price was right around $41 for the night.

The room I got seemed fairly clean, and was fairly nice for a Motel 6. Everything worked fine, including TV and wi-fi; the bed and linens were clean. Like so many other cheaper motels, the pillows are very small and flat; I always bring my own.

The motel itself is very accessible to I-20, and is a nice alternative to higher-priced motels closer to town. One downside is that although it is convenient to a Petro gas/truck depot, there isn't much in the way of food within a couple of miles; I definitely do recommend that you eat ahead of time or pick up something. Fortunately, there are plenty of fast and sit-down restaurants within a very few highway exits of the motel.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow- the ones here are very flat
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Slaughter, La
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Easy to get to. Friendly staff. Clean room. Medium softness on beds. Thin pillows. Quiet nights rest. No frills, just your regular motel 6. Great for a nights rest before moving on down the road. I could have no problem staying here again if the need arose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Front staff very helpful on a specific request I had. Typical Motel 6, no frills but neat and clean. Right off I-20 and very near where we cut down to Lafayette on I-49. Didn't notice any highway noise. Beds could be upgraded to pillowtop mattresses for a more comfortable night's sleep which is what any traveler wants.

Room Tip: Toward the back away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This was by far the grossest place I've ever been. There was blood AND dog poo on the carpet on the first floor. We had a room on the second floor, and the smell in the hallway was awful (there are kitchenettes in the rooms now). The tub was so dirty that I showered with shoes on. When I folded the comforter back, there were pubic hairs - I'm not even kidding - on the bed. That was all it took - we marched right down to the lobby and asked for a refund. I called Motel 6's corporate offices to complain, that's how awful this dump was.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gainesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Absolutely horrible place!! We arrived with a group and had no running water in our rooms. Comforters were dirty, as we pulled them off and put them on the floor we noticed the blanket was very dirty and full of hair as if someone shaved their head on top of the blanket. As if it couldnt get worse there was hairs from peoples private areas all over the towels and the hand towels were filthy. Also there was a couple staying in the room next to us that appeared to live there acting as if they had been doing drugs and acting very weird and being loud. Very scary place and I do not recommend this motel to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: do not stay here!!
Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Shreveport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is the worst motel you could ever hope to find.. For starters there was a young woman
performing oral sex on a man in a car parked right in front of the lobby.. in broad daylight..
I informed the assistant manager(Keesha) and also informed the manager.(Tina). however
they acted like they didnt even care.. come to find out that the woman in the car was a local prostitute and was still allowed to stay there, even after this incident. But what do you expect for 39.99.. the Hilton

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stay at a lot of Motel 6s. This is the second worst that I have stayed in. My fellow guests made me quite nervous and this was despite the fact that I had my sport German Shepherd with me. I know that I am not staying at the Ritz Carlton when I stay at a Motel 6, so I am not expecting much. But I am expecting to go to my room without feeling intimidated and I am expecting the front dest staff to act like they are glad I am spending my money at their business location and not that they would rather that I went away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo