“Only used for FUN!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Best Value Inn and Suites Shreveport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shreveport
Best Value Inn and Suites Shreveport
You added Best Value Inn and Suites Shreveport to your Saves list
4915 Monkhouse Drive, Shreveport, LA 71109-6113   |
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Bossier City
“Only used for FUN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

stayed here on august 14 didnt want to take the female to my apartment so i got a room i didnt want to be seen with her. was great for what i needed it for the place is trashy but the place to go for a fun time an dont be seeen

Room Tip: great for my business
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
henderson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Was going to Shreveport for the weekend , let someone get me a room. Got there and went in there was blood stains on the bathroom sink, dirt and hair in the shower, carpet was coming up off the floor, fire alarm did not work, and lock on the door had been tampered with. Had to stay with relatives at another hotel until I could get a room for the next night. Please do not stay there . It is an tragedy waiting to happen.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
midlothian tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

this so called motel hell is located north of the airport on monkhouse drive, just before super 8. goes by the name of shreveport value inn.. upon arriving, was greeted by friendly and courteous staff. after checking in, was confronted in the parking lot by a homeless person who begged to stay in my room. he then demanded money, not just change or a dollar, but went right up to a twenty. had to threaten calling 911 to make him go away, after i gave him 5. so i finally get into the closet, i mean the room, no, i really do mean a closet. tiny. hot. dirty. disgusting.. had a micro fridge, fridge part non working, had the iceberg that sank the titanic in there. microwave was ominously clean, like brand new. maybe thats because there were no electric outlets to plug it in to. bathroom filthy, black mold growing on shower door. beds even worse. had to use my own sheets. the air conditioner was was on its last leg, filter had not been cleaned since the unit was installed. would run for 5 minutes then shut off. please keep in mind that this is late june in Louisiana, very hot and humid.. went to the pool, it had not been cleaned since Edwards was in the governors mansion. massive amounts of green algae, appeared to have all forms of critters and other life dwelling there. they too even looked disgusted by the filth of this toilet. The only good thing about this place would be if the NO VACANCY sign was lit up by mistake. should have given the sixty dollars to the bum and slept in the car.. DO NOT STAY HERE, GO TO A HOMELESS SHELTER OR THE SALVATION ARMY INSTEAD.

Room Tip: spend forty dollars more and go to La Quinta
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dallas Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Arrived at hotel @ 4:00 am after gambling in the local casino's! Pulled the covers back to get in bed, there was blood, hair, and stains all over the sheets! Went to the restroom, and the shower was not cleaned for obvious reasons of there being black pueb hair all over the tub and the toilet had not even been flushed. I took the sheets and pillow down to the front desk and demanded another room and a refund. They told me they didn't have any other rooms available that we would have to stay in that room. Didn't offer to have someone come clean it, give us clean sheets or anything. So needless to say, we stayed in a nasty, unsanitary room with no choice left to us at 4:00 am. Now 2 weeks later, the refund I was promised has still not been credited back to my account! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty bed!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

We made our reservation over the phone during a recent trip from Texas to SC this was a last minute unexpected stop . When we arrived we had to beat on a bulletproof glass with a piece of pipe that said knock for service, the tv remote did not work , the telephone did not work , the heater controls were so badly damaged you could'nt read them , the heater vent had a fungus on it , the bath linnens were dirty ,carpet made the bottoms of our socks black , our Maltese found a piece of crustified pizza under the bed , there was mold in the shower , the electrical outlet in the bathroom was falling into the wall , no hot water in sink , room had not been vacuumed , had to take baby wipes and clean counters and bed side tables , cars tearing in and out of parking lot all night , when we complained to the desk clerk she became very rude and combative , she started screaming at us . We would not recomend this to anyone even if it is the only bed in town , find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2005

We booked this room as a package & found the hotel room didn't have the ammenities listed on line. There was no clock radio or phone book in the room. The information on-line indicated there were blow dryers in the room, this was not the case. Not only did I have to puchase a blow dryer--we had to get a 20 foot extention cord to plug it in, because the bathroom had no electrical outlets. I question if the improper light switch cover would even meet local code...I could have put my finger into an opening & touched the wiring.

I strongly discourage anyone staying here & wish I would have checked the reviews on this web-site prior to booking my trip. I'll definately be checking here in the future.

• Stayed January 2005
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

It's a dump. Stay away unless it's the last bed in town. Booked on line for Sat. night, short notice. I thought $52 (taxes anoll) was pretty good for Sat. nt. Got there and OMG! The office was closed, so had to go to window w/ Bulletproof glass and a hole just big enough to slip a pen thru. Knew something was wrong when clerk put a piece of scotch tape over the batteries to hold them into the TV remote, that she passed me thru a mail slot in another door. Parking lot wasn't lit well enough for this neighborhood. Booked a King room, but gave me a dbl. Clerk later met me at King room w/ key, saying I was lucky, nice of her, but the TV signal was terrible. Cables and splitters hanging out of the wall behind TV, and poor quality snow, for a picture. The remote did not work this TV, but the batteries did stay in it. No clock in the room at all.
Shower water was scorching hot, and to get it cool enough, one could turn the knob, but that lowered water pressure to the point of a trickle. A/C cooled well, but looked like ----. No blowdrier/ clock/Kleenex/TV to speak of. Coffee in the office w/ muffins, bearclaws in am. Take a bunch to get your money's worth here.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Best Value Inn and Suites Shreveport? Share your experiences!