“Short but comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Killeen
“Short but comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We spent less than 7 hours here due to our road trip schedule but it was easy to find, right off of I-20, clean, comfortable and quiet. Front desk had our keys waiting. 2 bedroom suite works very well for our family and we were delighted one was available at the last minute. Good job on the diversity of your staff! Will return.

Stayed August 2014
RIBMSport014, General Manager at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Shreveport! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Residence Inn automatically meets so many needs beginning with a safe entrance and registration area offering a friendly greeting, apples, coffee, and a newspaper.....24 hours a day. Rooms are large with full kitchens and everything needed for all cooking. Beds are comfy. Free wifi for catching up on work. Everything is clean and welcoming---like home. This hotel met all of those needs. Other reviewers had talked about highway noise, but our room was next to the pool. When I opened the blinds the pool was full of laughing, squealing kids within 3 yards of my bedroom window and I slept until 11:00 a.m. I would say the soundproofing has been improved. The toilet had issues, but that is an easy maintenance fix. The dishwasher functioned, but every time I opened the door, the whole unit rocked and fell forward, perhaps a few extra bolts needed there. The room had a musty smell when we checked in, but coffee and reheated Mexican took that away and we didn't notice it again. The curtains, luggage carts, and carpets are all showing wear, but nothing that kept us from a good stay.

Room Tip: We skipped breakfast at the hotel and went to Strawn's Eat Shop, 125 King's Hwy., Shreveport...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come see us again soon!
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Didn't start great as the night clerk during check-in seemed short and not very courteous. The room was dated, but spacious. Main TV didn't work. Room was fairly clean, but could've been better. I found several small ants during the 1 night stay. Plenty of options during breakfast. Easy airport and interstate access.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
RIBMSport014, Manager at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear KV,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! I am truly sorry about the actions of the front desk at check in and the feeling of lack of cleanliness in your suite. I have addressed both of your concerns. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your closeness to the airport and interstate. I also appreciate you letting us know about the ants. We have sprayed the room. I believe that I have also responded to you on the Marriott GSS site! I hope to talk to you soon.
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very dated rooms. The outside looks nicer than the inside. The staff was helpful and the entire hotel clean. The room had old furniture and carpets but still clean. I didn't feel like it was at the level of a Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review! We appreciate feedback from our valued guests! Please accept my apologies for the problems you had during your stay! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to restore your trust in Residence Inn by Marriott Shreveport
Fort Irwin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rooms are spacious. It's good to have a kitchen and a living room. The rooms were clean. Amenities were well stocked. Comfortable beddings. Breakfast was good and it's included in the room. Nice outdoor pool and a hot tub.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Call us when you plan to return and we will be happy to assist you with reservations! Have a great weekend!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I wanted to try a different hotel and after being able to look at the room decided to stay. It was clean and full of everything you would need. Full kitchen, utensils, great fro long stays! I've slept in better beds but it wasn't horrible. Breakfast was good. I was told they had dinner Mon.-Wed and a young man on the elevator said he really enjoyed. I missed it so I don't have much to say. The staff seemed welcoming in the morning however, I didn't favor the night clerk to much. She said a sly remark the didn't sit well with me but I had company and I wasn't about to waste time correcting such an attitude. Next time inform guests that there is a deposit fee of $30 dollars added to the charge of the room and add it to the receipt to keep confusion out of the picture. Assuming that its the amount every room type receives. There I a waffle house in the area so there is somewhere to catch a bite at all times and a place to stop and get snacks. They do also have beverages on sale in the lobby. I would stay again for more than one night. It literally felt like I was visiting someone's apartment.

Room Tip: Great for long term stays.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about Residence Inn by Marriott Shreveport! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the lack of communication regarding the additional hold on your credit card to cover incidentals. We hope that you will return to see us soon!
Colleyville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel is the only extended stay hotel near the airport and both the hotel and people are nice. The rooms are nice and roomy but some of the fixtures in the room are showing their age. I found the location very good for both an airport location and making sales calls in the Texas and Louisiana area. The breakfast is excellent but they need to offer their social Monday thru Thursday to be in synch with their brother and sister properties.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is very quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Shreveport Airport? Share your experiences!