“Nasty!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Dallas, TX
“Nasty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was filthy. Rooms not vacuumed. Trash left in room from previous occupant. Pool area unsanitary. Hot tub broken but still filled with unclean water with this thick nasty film on top. Pool didn't look much better, honestly. Customer service awful... Staff very uninterested in being helpful. Surrounding area to hotel feels unsafe/rough. Would never return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel was highly rated by TA. Won a TA award for 2013. Found a used wash cloth in the shower, hair in the bed. Dirty floor, the door would only close when slammed. Front desk EE was rude and put out that I asked to move. Would not go here again. Nothing good from this visit!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

It started at front dest with the heavy set light skin lady, which is found out later was the manager. Ha. Poor, poor behavior and attitude toward a paying Elite Diamond Member. RUDE at check-in. Put us in a room that wasn't vacuumed, didn't have towels, or any toiletries. Food was even still in the fridge. The housekeeper in charge did bring towels after I called twice. After getting settled in any walking down to get tissue, her and the lady at the front desk where in the side office talking loudly and using profanity. I was standing there waiting for service, so I just got tissue from the hall bathroom. Bad service didn't stop there, the breakfast attendant was rude and breakfast was bland; no sausages for two days. The housekeeper idea of cleaning the room was just taking the trash. No one at front desk when we went to check out. Just horrible attitudes and service... I guess it was just the wrong Sleep Inn..... I will not return and you shouldn't either unless you like paying for rudeness..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed here for a night while on the way to Dallas,TX. This hotel is located within a stone-throw distance from LSU health. Rooms are clean and tidy, staff is friendly, breakfast is good. Overall, would recommend it for anyone who wants to rest off from I-20 or if you are visiting LSU health hospital.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing LSU health and not the railroads side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times when going to the LSU Hospital down the street from it. Every time I stay it is clean, family friendly, pleasant staff and good service. I don't even bother trying to stay anywhere else. The rates are also very competitive and hard to beat. I love the breakfast also, it is nice and tasty! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been pleasant!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the perfect location if visiting the LSU hospital. Rooms are clean and relaxed atmosphere. Night staff was nice and efficient. Day desk staff were rude and blamed miscommunication on check put time on pm shift. Not very professional. Overall, the rooms were nice and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

During a recent vacation through Arkansas and Louisana, my family spent a disappointing night at this Sleep Inn. I wish I would have read the TripAdvisor website more carefully and stayed at the Sleep Inn located on Pines Road, off of I-20 in Shreveport (Ranked #2 in Shreveport).

After spending one or more very pleasant nights at several Comfort Inn and Suites in Arkansas, we were most disapointed with our "Sleep Inn Stay" in Shreveport. Upon arriving at the Inn, no one was at the desk. When the clerk arrived, we did not receive the friendly welcome so typical of ChoiceHotel properties (additionally, at no time during our stay were we greeted or welcomed by any member of the staff) and were never recognized as ChoicePriveleges' "Elite Members." To make our initial experience more unpleasant, we were given a room that our key did not unlock the door. Finally, after multiple tries and calls to the desk, the clerk came to our room, unsuccessfully tried to open the door with her master key, then informed us that the lock to that room was broken, and finally transferred us to another room.

Once in the room, I found it to be clean, but small and sparsely furnished. The only window in our room looked out on the railroad tracks and encourages one to keep the blinds closed. Carpets in the room and in the hallways showed signs of wear and had multiple spots on them. The bathroom also was very small, included minimal toiletries, and had only one light switch in it that also controlled the fan. After spending multiple nights at Comfort Inn and Suites and comparable properties during our recent trip, I would rate this bathroom as the smallest and the poorest in quality of all the rooms we stayed in.

Breakfast was adequate and there was plenty of food available for all guests. Still, nothing special, memorable, or even "really tasty" and I would rate the breakfast as "Very Average/Below Average" for ChoiceHotel properties.

I found my stay at this Sleep Inn to be an "Average," but disappointing one. With many excellent hotels/inns at comparable prices located in Shreveport and near the Medical District, I will look for other accomodations the next time I visit this city. I do not recommend this Sleep Inn to other TripAdvisor travelers.

Room Tip: If you are seeking a Sleep Inn in Shreveport, avoid this one and make reservations at the Speep Inn...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family