“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times when going to the LSU Hospital down the street from it. Every time I stay it is clean, family friendly, pleasant staff and good service. I don't even bother trying to stay anywhere else. The rates are also very competitive and hard to beat. I love the breakfast also, it is nice and tasty! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been pleasant!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is the perfect location if visiting the LSU hospital. Rooms are clean and relaxed atmosphere. Night staff was nice and efficient. Day desk staff were rude and blamed miscommunication on check put time on pm shift. Not very professional. Overall, the rooms were nice and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

During a recent vacation through Arkansas and Louisana, my family spent a disappointing night at this Sleep Inn. I wish I would have read the TripAdvisor website more carefully and stayed at the Sleep Inn located on Pines Road, off of I-20 in Shreveport (Ranked #2 in Shreveport).

After spending one or more very pleasant nights at several Comfort Inn and Suites in Arkansas, we were most disapointed with our "Sleep Inn Stay" in Shreveport. Upon arriving at the Inn, no one was at the desk. When the clerk arrived, we did not receive the friendly welcome so typical of ChoiceHotel properties (additionally, at no time during our stay were we greeted or welcomed by any member of the staff) and were never recognized as ChoicePriveleges' "Elite Members." To make our initial experience more unpleasant, we were given a room that our key did not unlock the door. Finally, after multiple tries and calls to the desk, the clerk came to our room, unsuccessfully tried to open the door with her master key, then informed us that the lock to that room was broken, and finally transferred us to another room.

Once in the room, I found it to be clean, but small and sparsely furnished. The only window in our room looked out on the railroad tracks and encourages one to keep the blinds closed. Carpets in the room and in the hallways showed signs of wear and had multiple spots on them. The bathroom also was very small, included minimal toiletries, and had only one light switch in it that also controlled the fan. After spending multiple nights at Comfort Inn and Suites and comparable properties during our recent trip, I would rate this bathroom as the smallest and the poorest in quality of all the rooms we stayed in.

Breakfast was adequate and there was plenty of food available for all guests. Still, nothing special, memorable, or even "really tasty" and I would rate the breakfast as "Very Average/Below Average" for ChoiceHotel properties.

I found my stay at this Sleep Inn to be an "Average," but disappointing one. With many excellent hotels/inns at comparable prices located in Shreveport and near the Medical District, I will look for other accomodations the next time I visit this city. I do not recommend this Sleep Inn to other TripAdvisor travelers.

Room Tip: If you are seeking a Sleep Inn in Shreveport, avoid this one and make reservations at the Speep Inn...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is very clean the rooms were excellent and very clean,the front desk is very organize,clean,pretty and VERY VERY helpfull specialy Ms.Meshia she is very helpfull,professional and very friendly I will start using this hotel more because of her,I wish every hotel would have someone like her.
The breakfast is great and plenty of food,the spa and inside pool was heaven,yes have sometimes train passing however,on the 4TH floor you wouldn't know about it.
At night is very peacefull and my family and I will stay again anytime we pass by Shreveport,Louisiana.
Thanks Meshia for everything and for making us feel so special here.

Room Tip: I had two rooms and both were excellent on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Daingerfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. There is a train track right by the hotel but can't even tell. Our room was on the side by the tracks and you just feel the vibration of the train when it goes by. The train does not blow its horn at all. I have a 4 month old and a 5 year old that slept right through the night. Very comfy beds. The comp breakfast was ok. Will definetly reccomend!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

It started at front dest and continued. RUDE at check-in. Put us in a room with food in fridge, clothes in drawer and grease all over chair. Left water in elevator for 2 hours even though housekeeping knew about it. No hair dryer in room nor towels at pool and never brought them though front desk said it would. No one at front desk when we went to pick up. Clerk finally arrived from outside with purse in hand. No extra towels in room to use for second day. Horrible attitudes and service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Customer service at this hotel is beyond terrible and disgusting. Checked into a dirty room and the front desk seemed to be busy on the cell phone. When I mentioned on the room, she says" Oh" no apology and then blamed hk for leaving room dirty. gave me another room facing the rail track and it was terrible noisy. breakfast in the morning was ok but they ran out of milk. Not sure why the management of this hotel is so poor and terrible. we will not come back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center? Share your experiences!