“Birthday dinner celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Zocolo
436 Ashley Ridge Blvd., Shreveport, LA
Improve this listing
Ranked #206 of 424 Restaurants in Shreveport
Description: Zocolo Neighborhood Eatery & Drinkery is located in South Shreveport near the Ellerbe Road area about 10 minutes from downtown. Tucked into Ashley Ridge, one of the newest commercial development areas in the city, Zocolo is close to several neighborhoods including Spring Lake, University Terrace, and Southern Trace.
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Birthday dinner celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went for another dinner with Zocolo's and had a fabulous time. We have never been disappointed with these guys and frankly, I think they are an overlooked gem. The menu is great, but I always pay consideration to their daily specials.

The bar is an excellent gathering place before or after dinner, and you can even take your meal there if you want to be casual. Give these guys a try and be sure to try out the chocolate martini or chocolate chip martini.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Really?????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We are frequent guests at this establishment or let me re phrase, we were. On several occassions we didn't get our full order. There was always something missing. One occassion I ordered soup and got the soup of the day instead of the chowder. Also i have called to ask for something that was left off of a hamburger and i was placed on hold for 20 min. No one returned to the phone.Today was something new for us. My friend ordered a wedge salad. Not realizing that you get a fourth of a head of lettuce with bacon, cheese, carrots and tomatoes sprinkled on top. Now this is suppose to be a fancy restaurant or you would think with how high everything is but when I called about the salad the person I spoke with was a smartalic. He told me to cut it up or eat it like a sandwich. Really??? Then he says, that was a joke. I asked why they do not cut it up in the kitchen and I was informed it was not there place to do so and that is what a wedge salad is.... now considering we order from this establishment 2-3 times a week you would think we would be treated a little better especially at $20-28 dollars per visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Disappointing pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice looking place with a good and varied menu, but we weren't too hungry. The server told us the pizza dough was made in house but to us it was not what we expected. It was too crisp, more like a cracker crust or flatbread... The toppings on my veggie pizza were generous but lacked seasoning. He liked the Black and Blue pizza with steak and blue cheese. I wished I had tried a real entree.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisiana
“First Time--Won't Be The Last”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I spent a leisurely time with friends at Zocolo last night. The atmosphere was quiet; the mood was comfortable. The food was very different than the run-of-the-mill chain eateries, and if that is your idea of a restaurant stay away from this one. Our meal was wonderful. We were unhurried and allowed to sit and enjoy being with friends. The only demerit was the bread pudding which lacked a little. The entre, however, was excellent. We will be returning.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Worst food I have eaten since I move to North Louisiana”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Family catered a birthday party. Food was skimpy and cold. We found ourselves grabbing cold stale french bread just to fill up. Everyone was saying that they could not wait to leave so they could get something to eat. What a disgrace!! They served green beans that were very cold and no flavor at all. Lots of gravy poured over pork roast. The had huge catering pans with skimpy food inside. We could have had all you can eat for less money, at Golden Corral. Twenty dollars a person was a joke. We should have not had to leave this place and go and get something to eat. Zocolo was a loco mistake. Never again. I will tell everyone to stay away from this place. I have never been to a place and had to constantly beg for food. We begged even for more of that stale bread just to get us through the b-day party.

• Visited May 2012