“Spacious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport

Save Saved
You added Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport to your Saves list
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   315 Clyde Fant Parkway, Shreveport, LA 71101 (Formerly Harrah's Shreveport Casino and Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Stay & Dine
Ranked #12 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
“Spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Checkin went smoothly, no long wait. However, I didnt like the last minute notification of a $50.00 "Incident fee." I've stayed in several hotels and never have I had to pay such a fee.

The location of my room was near the elevators; no problem with noise.

I keep a clean home, and in my humble opinion, the cleanliness of the room could have been better. Why provide a trash can with no liner? The ice buckets have a bag tho. The tub/shower could have used a weekly wipe down, it would aid in preventing soap build up. Why not provide basic cleaning supplies in the room such as: disposable gloves and disinfectant wipes? Weekly dusting of rooms would make the light fixtures less frightening to touch. The bedding was white and soft, noted no stains or dust.

For the price and amenities the hotel is good.

• Stayed July 2013

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Houma, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've reviewed this hotel before, but I had to update, because things have gone horribly downhill. It started with the valet, who clearly wasn't trained in the art of valet. He stood in front of my husband's door without opening it, and made it so awkward. Second, while waiting for check in, I left my hubby and went to buy a few waters, while I was gone, they wouldn't let him check in because the reservation was in my name and not his. How many people with the name of STATHES were going to check in on that day? She wasn't even nice about it, she rudely left him and started waiting on next guest until I returned and someone else jumped in to help us....really?? THEN....we checked into our room, as spacious as I remembered with a great view. It was sooooo dirty!!! Hair everywhere, super mildewy shower, even the shower curtain had mold on it, I KNOW the housekeepers can see it. Also, while taking the shower, you also got a bath because the drain was so clogged up...gag. Then I sat on the bed, and the duvet had large lumps in it, so basically we had to sleep under a sheet with large lumps in it. The place gave me the skeeves. BUT...it was dirt cheap ($60 on a Sunday night) although I don't think that is ever an excuse for a hotel to be dirty, or have bad customer service. The worst thing was looking out the window at the beautiful looking new Margaritaville Hotel and casino across the river. Which, BTW, as of now you have to book through their website, I had tried through tripadvisor and it shows up unavailable, guess they haven't gotten in the mass hotel booking systems yet. It was $99 for a Sunday. Wish I had tried them. Rats.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of our facilities at Sam's Town Shreveport. We apologize that you had a poor experience with us. We strive to provide great customer service but seem to have failed in this instance. We would urge you to visit our website & email us directly so that we can contact you directly & hopefully remedy this situation. Your comments are being forwarded to the hotel and housekeeping departments. Thank you again for your concerns and we hope to see you soon.
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointing stay. Very poor gambling, old machines. Absolutely terrible luck and we did not see a single hand payout. Slow service. Mediocre food. Crowded and smoky. Torn sofa in room. In room coffee is terrible and smells old and moldy. The live music was great though.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review of our facilities at Sam's Town Shreveport. We apologize that you had a poor experience with us. We strive to provide great customer service but seem to have failed in this instance. We would urge you to visit our website & email us directly so that we can contact you directly & hopefully remedy this situation. Your comments are being forwarded to the food & beverage, hotel and casino departments. Thank you again for your concerns and we hope to see you soon.
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I can never say enough good things about this Casino or the Hotel. We always try to stay during the week when they are not so busy and almost always get the Magnolia Suite comped. We love to stay on the end by the river so we can have a nice view for the Texas Street Bridge and the other Casinos along the river. I wish they had larger windows in the Magnolia Suite like they do in the other rooms for a better view; but it's worth staying in this room because it's actually a true 1 bedroom. You walk into a wonderful living room with a sectional, ottoman, 37" flat screen TV and large armoire. You walk through a door to the bedroom where you have another 37" flat screen TV, large arm chair with ottoman, desk and sitting chair, large dresser with a refrigerator, king bed with 2 night stands and a sitting bench at the foot of the bed. You then walk through another door to the very large bathroom with 2 sinks, a separate vanity area with a stool and makeup mirror, the tub and shower are combined; however it's has the bent curtain rode and the tub is a very large soaking tub. The toilet is behind another door which we really love it being separate.

We have a fantastic Host that makes our stay so nice and she goes out of her way to make sure we are happy. We were on the Concierges level and had access to a very nice room that has a continental breakfast and newspaper. It had large windows where we could view the other side of the hotel and river that overlooked the Riverwalk Mall and the new Casino they just built across the river.

We spent some time in their pool area and really liked that the hot tub was elevated a few steps overlooking the pool and had a sign no one under the age of 16, which was nice it kept the kids out of that area and we could enjoy it. I wish they would enclose this area so you could use it year round.

The Casino is a fun place to go and play where you get actual play for your money on the slots and can have a great time. We love eating in all of their restaurants and feel you get great value for your money.

Room Tip: There is NO bad room in this Hotel; they all have a fantastic bathroom and completely remodeled. If...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northwest Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

When looking for a casino in Shreveport (just a stop-over on a road trip), I found that the El Dorado was ranked #1 and Sam's Town #2....the El Dorado was completely booked on a Sunday night so we chose Sam's Town....the room was big and roomy and I loved the bathroom, but the bed was not very comfortable and the Casino was horrible. It was split up on 3 floors and each one was very small and didn't offer much. Also, the best restaurant in the hotel was closed on Sunday and all that was left was a "buffet" and a snack shop...sad. We walked over next door to the El Dorado and it was like a true Vegas-style casino...so we played there, enjoyed a wonderful meal at their steakhouse and sat in their beautiful bar. So if you go, plan on going to the El Dorado instead...much, much better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our facilities at Sam's Town Shreveport. We apologize that you had a poor experience with us. We strive to provide great customer service but seem to have failed in this instance. We would urge you to visit our website & email us directly so that we can contact you directly & hopefully remedy this situation. Your comments are being forwarded to the casino and food & beverage departments. Thank you again for your concerns and we hope to see you soon.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We got a great deal at Sam's Town online, while on our way home from Oklahoma. It was not quite half-way home, but a good place to stop for the night. I loved that the Elevators required the use of our Room Card to go up. Our room was a King Room on the 10th floor overlooking the River and was FABULOUS! It was large, had a very large, great bathroom, with extra makeup counter and magnifying mirror. I would say there were not enough electrical outlets. I prefer the lamps with plugs in them, because we travel with 2 phones and 2 tablet, but theirs did not have those. The Casino was ok, we managed to drop some money there, which made up for the great room rate! I highly recommend the Hotel, especially if you can stay out of the Casino!!! Everybody was very friendly, as this is a Southern City! The young man who took care of our bags was the son of a Captain at the local Sheriff's office, so he and my husband had a lot to talk about.

Room Tip: Take a power strip, if you need extra plugs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Sam's town for an overnight stay on our trip from Dallas to New Orleans. Hotel rooms are nice. It was clean.We had my daughter and her 2 year old. Room was a suite, non smoking and big. Daughter had couch that was like a bed, she like it. We had king. beds, sheets, blankets, and pillows clean. Rug, acceptable. Best to book in advance and on line as it seems they book up around 7 pm even on Thursday night from "foot traffic.". Hotel parking is Valet so just go to valet. If you refuse to use valet you have to park in general parking. Tipping for valet is up to you, no charge. You can not get a cart without a bellman so plan accordingly. Hotel does not guarantee a non-smoking room. Hotel is part of a casino complex and public area has smell of tobacco. Not bad, but if you go into casine plan on washing clothers. For breakfast, restaurant is typical holtel fare. coffee shop (starbucks) has cheaper fare. Can not comment on lunch or dinner. We arrived around 8 p.m. and left by 9 a.m. People friendly enough. Casino nice enough. It is a good place. I would do it again but I am not a big casino person.

Room Tip: If you have to have a guaranteed non-smoking room book ealry and arrive by 5 p.m. There are no guar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!