“Best place to stay and play in Shreveport” 5 of 5 stars

451 Clyde Fant Parkway, Shreveport, LA 71101 (Formerly Hollywood Casino)   |
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“Best place to stay and play in Shreveport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

I stayed at the Eldorado when I was in Shreveport last weekend. I decided to go on a gambling trip with friends and we are glad we chose the Eldorado. The rooms are huge! The food is unreal! The service was great and the slots payed out well. I have been going to the Horseshoe for some years now, but now that the Eldorado is no longer the old Hollywood Casino, it is amazing. The new owners have done an unbelievable job with the property and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

We stopped in Shreveport for the night as we were passing through from Texas to Mississippi. We did not stay at the Eldorado but visited the casino.

The wife played the slots while I tried my luck at Roulette where I met a couple from Texas. Had a blast betting together. The staff at the casino was great.

Stayed November 2008
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

This was our second visit to this hotel. After the first visit, we received an invitation for 2 complimentary nights and 2 dinners at their restaurant The Vintage.

We arrived about 2:30 and our room was not yet ready. We hung out in the casino for about 30 minutes and then went back and received our keys.

All I can say is WOW--we were put in one of their suites (912) which was like a one bedroom apartment with 3 TVs, a wet bar and the most unique bathroom I have ever seen. There were a total of 3 toilets, a HUGE shower, jetted tub and full length mirrors. The windows overlooked the river and the bed was SUPREMELY comfortable. This is the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed in, including the Venetian, Mandalay Bay and Rio in Las Vegas and the Atlantis in Nassau.

Dinner both nights was lovely, excellent service and food in a beautiful room. We also enjoyed great omelettes in the coffee shop for breakfast. The gambling was great fun, friendly dealers and good cocktail service and we went home winners!!

Also walked around the Louisiana Boardwalk area across the river which is an outlet type mall with some really good buys.

Can't wait to go back to the Eldorado!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — the amazing room
  • Disliked — that we had to leave after 2 nights
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
waco, texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

We had two comp nights at the Eldorado and no wonder they were comps. We did not stay both nights we went home after one night. The sheets were so bad we had to request new ones. They looked a so dingy and old it was horrible. I was actually scared to use them and our pillows. I will say that the bathrooms were in excellent condition and did not match the rooms at all, but how can you go wrong with marble. If only the bedroom had been the same. The conforter well lets just say I threw it in the corner of the room and it stayed there. The couch was so stained and just yuck.
Of course we did gamble a lot and lost all of it. In fact never saw any winners. I played Texas Hold'em most of the time and did o.k. but I can't say that they were overly friedly.

We ate at the vintage restaurant and it was good. It did cost $140.00 for dinner this included a bottle of cheap wine, salad, entree, no sides.

I had gone on their website and looked at the rooms and thought that the bedrooms looked out dated how stupid of me not to go with my first impression I guess I was trying to be cheap with the free comps for room. Go with your gut if it looks cheap it is cheap.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone at any time. Not even for free. I will never be back.

We are from texas

• Liked — bathroom
  • Disliked — bed
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hadleydrew
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

July 25, I drove 5 hours to get to the Eldorado. I stood in line for 30 minutes to check in and was told they could not find my reservation and there was nothing available. The girl at the reservation desk was very rude and would not let me talk to anyone else. I finally gave up arguing with her and proceeded to my car in the parking deck. I carried all my luggage back to the car (20 minutes) and started to drive away, having no idea where I would get a room on a Friday at
7 pm. I then looked in my glove compartment and found a copy of my confirmation I had booked online! I carried my luggage back inside, got back in line and patiently waited to show the girl at the desk. She was so angry that I had proof, she was slamming things on the desk and VERY RUDE!! She literally tossed my room key at me and never even apologized! My room was not even the one I had booked, it was a smoking room and I have asthma. I stayed anyway but I will NEVER go back and hopefully, this will help other people stay away from the ELDORADO!!!!

Stayed July 2008
Arlington, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Decided to try this casino after so many glowing reviews from here and other sites. We didn't stay for long! After just 2 hours of play and half my gambling funds gone we took off for another place. I'm glad we did and I will never go back.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — tight slots
Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

The Eldorado surely knows how to treat their customers. My husband and I went for a quick getaway and boy did we get that and more. It couldn't have been better if we were in Vegas. Upon arrival, the hotel didn't have the regular king room we requested and upgraded us to a suite! It was lovely with a huge marble bathroom and a shower big enough for 8 people. The casino staff was friendly and welcoming. The cocktails there are complimentary just like Vegas which is a huge savings when you are on a trip. The buffet restaurant was delicious and the Sportman's Paradise chinese food was fantastic. We also ate one night in The Vintage Steakhouse. It was pretty good, but not as fantastic as some of the steaks we have in Texas :) We enjoyed gambling into the wee hours and sleeping in with their huge comfy beds. I also hear their spa is to die for. You are in easy walking distance to other nearby hotels and casinos with many restaurants to choose from. Don't forget to get a player's club card so you can rack up those points to get free meals and rooms. Have fun!

• Liked — The beautiful suite!
  • Disliked — Not a thing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!