“Terrible Sheets” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
waco, texas
“Terrible Sheets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

We had two comp nights at the Eldorado and no wonder they were comps. We did not stay both nights we went home after one night. The sheets were so bad we had to request new ones. They looked a so dingy and old it was horrible. I was actually scared to use them and our pillows. I will say that the bathrooms were in excellent condition and did not match the rooms at all, but how can you go wrong with marble. If only the bedroom had been the same. The conforter well lets just say I threw it in the corner of the room and it stayed there. The couch was so stained and just yuck.
Of course we did gamble a lot and lost all of it. In fact never saw any winners. I played Texas Hold'em most of the time and did o.k. but I can't say that they were overly friedly.

We ate at the vintage restaurant and it was good. It did cost $140.00 for dinner this included a bottle of cheap wine, salad, entree, no sides.

I had gone on their website and looked at the rooms and thought that the bedrooms looked out dated how stupid of me not to go with my first impression I guess I was trying to be cheap with the free comps for room. Go with your gut if it looks cheap it is cheap.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone at any time. Not even for free. I will never be back.

We are from texas

• Liked — bathroom
  • Disliked — bed
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hadleydrew
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

July 25, I drove 5 hours to get to the Eldorado. I stood in line for 30 minutes to check in and was told they could not find my reservation and there was nothing available. The girl at the reservation desk was very rude and would not let me talk to anyone else. I finally gave up arguing with her and proceeded to my car in the parking deck. I carried all my luggage back to the car (20 minutes) and started to drive away, having no idea where I would get a room on a Friday at
7 pm. I then looked in my glove compartment and found a copy of my confirmation I had booked online! I carried my luggage back inside, got back in line and patiently waited to show the girl at the desk. She was so angry that I had proof, she was slamming things on the desk and VERY RUDE!! She literally tossed my room key at me and never even apologized! My room was not even the one I had booked, it was a smoking room and I have asthma. I stayed anyway but I will NEVER go back and hopefully, this will help other people stay away from the ELDORADO!!!!

Stayed July 2008
Arlington, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Decided to try this casino after so many glowing reviews from here and other sites. We didn't stay for long! After just 2 hours of play and half my gambling funds gone we took off for another place. I'm glad we did and I will never go back.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — tight slots
Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

The Eldorado surely knows how to treat their customers. My husband and I went for a quick getaway and boy did we get that and more. It couldn't have been better if we were in Vegas. Upon arrival, the hotel didn't have the regular king room we requested and upgraded us to a suite! It was lovely with a huge marble bathroom and a shower big enough for 8 people. The casino staff was friendly and welcoming. The cocktails there are complimentary just like Vegas which is a huge savings when you are on a trip. The buffet restaurant was delicious and the Sportman's Paradise chinese food was fantastic. We also ate one night in The Vintage Steakhouse. It was pretty good, but not as fantastic as some of the steaks we have in Texas :) We enjoyed gambling into the wee hours and sleeping in with their huge comfy beds. I also hear their spa is to die for. You are in easy walking distance to other nearby hotels and casinos with many restaurants to choose from. Don't forget to get a player's club card so you can rack up those points to get free meals and rooms. Have fun!

• Liked — The beautiful suite!
  • Disliked — Not a thing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

We came in from Stephen F. Austin. Booked a room and never
left the place. The casino was clean and alot of fun. Our room was great and very clean. Service was great too.

Stayed June 2008
Nacogdoches, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

Upon arriving at the hotel, my 2 friends and I were waiting on the customer in front of us to complete his transaction so we could check in. Well, the "customer" was an employee who asked us if we needed something. That should have been an indication of the customer service end of this hotel.

Our first impression of the room, as we were rushing to go to a performance at the Centurytel Center, was that it was roomy and comfortable. The bathroom, large and accommodating.

Upon closer inspection, we found the bathroom to be in need of a thorough cleaning, including the mold around the shower and some unidentifiable substance on the wallpaper. The floor in the bedroom had a dead leaf and other debris on it.

Upon retiring for the evening, we discovered that the beds were uncomfortable, and something in one bed caused one of my friends to have a reaction with severe itching--whether it was dust mites or detergent is unknown. Pillows were flat and my mattress had a definite concave curve to it. We could hear someone in the next room snoring.

Since we were already situated and only staying one night, I didn't request a new room. When we checked out, I told the clerk that the room had not been clean and that my friend had had a reaction. She did not seem interested nor did she say she was sorry that we had been inconvenienced. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Large room
  • Disliked — Not clean, beds not comfortable
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

Overall this was a nice hotel. The rooms were large and the bathrooms were amamzing. Large tub with serperate shower. Very nice! The beds need a rework, they were very firm and the pillows were small. Service was a little slow in the evenings in the restaurant but it's expected being in a casino. The front desk was very nice. We ordered breakfast to the rooms and the prices were actually decent. Very close to everything downtown has to offer. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2008

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!