“Wish I could have stayed longer!” 4 of 5 stars

Eldorado Resort Casino
451 Clyde Fant Parkway, Shreveport, LA 71101 (Formerly Hollywood Casino)   |
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Houston, Texas
“Wish I could have stayed longer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have always wanted to stay here, but it always seemed to be full whenever I tried to go. Now I understand why: the room was huge, seemingly newly remodeled, and very comfortable. In fact, I meant to find out what brand the mattress was, as it was one of the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel!
As I usually avoid valet parking, I used the temporary hotel parking near the valet entrance to unload my bags and checkin, but I learned afterward that there is a secondary registration area on the second level (coming from the parking garage) that is open for limited weekend hours, which would have been very convenient had I known.
While this wasn't a winning visit for me in the casino, it was a great overnight trip, and I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We always have a clean, comfortable room. The beds seems to be more comfortable than some of the others. Stay there when it is complementary and have enjoyed the steam room and Spa as well. The Buffet...has been scaled down and remodeled... it is nice, but I miss some of the deserts they use to have.

Room Tip: We like the River view fairly high up is less busy it seems.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in a regular room and it was very nice. Enough room to not feel crowded like some hotels. Bathroom was large and very nice. But when we came back as a couple, we got a suite for the night and it was Fabulous... It had 3 toilets... The bathroom was amazing. So much space. Next time we are definitely staying more than one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Burleson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Night 4 of a 5 day road trip with family. We reserved two rooms. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean. The bathrooms were oversized and roomy. The linens and pillows showed some wear - okay, a lot of wear, stains and small tears - but were clean and plentiful. This is a family-owned establishment and it shows. The staff was friendly, and helpful. There was a lengthy delay obtaining a luggage cart and bellhop assistance. Free valet parking was available, even for our oversized vehicle (self-parked in the secured valet parking lot).
Some of the restaurants weren't open and we found that breakfast was only available, on-site, at the Sportsman's Restaurant. We'd had an unsatisfactory dinner at the Sportsman's the previous night and were not looking forward to breakfast at the Sportsman's, however breakfast proved a pleasant surprise! A much better value for the money. Service was slow for both meals, but friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved the bathroom. A friend and I were there for a girl's weekend. We stayed two days. One day was comped and we were supposed to pay for one night. Upon checkout, we found our bill had been comped 100%. This hotel accepts pets (only on certain floors) and there was a loud barking dog next to us on a floor that it was not supposed to be on. We had to call and complain. Management immediately took care of the situation. The dog was quiet for the rest of our stay. The Sportsman's restaurant had really good food. Overall, we had a great visit and would definitely go back even if our room had not been comped. All hotel staff that we encountered was great. Casino slots were tight, but drinks rocked in the casino. It was a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a stop over of a long driving tour. We were skeptical but the room was really nice. Clean, fresh with nice finish out in the large bathroom. Not seedy like many casino hotels. I did not eat or gamble there but I would try it again based on what I saw.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

First let me say that we enjoy staying / playing at the Eldorado. Now let me tell you about our latest trip.

Arriving before noon, our SUV died (major mechanical problem) one block from the hotel leaving us to walk with our luggage. Check-in was set for 4:00, but when the front desk was made aware of our dilemma, rooms were found for us that were already made-up allowing us to freshen up and stow our luggage.

After lunch and game play in the casino, our plans were to drive over the bridge to the Louisiana Boardwalk for a movie. We went to the lobby to see if we could get someone to call us a minivan taxi so we could all ride together. I was directed to a very nice man in security. Telling him our story, he told me to wait. The next thing I knew, he was directing us to come out front. To our amazement, he had made arrangements for us to be transported in their VIP limo - a richly-appointed Mercedes van. We were dropped off at the cinema and picked up there as well.

I'm telling you that we are not VIPs (we frequent the Eldorado, but are not heavy betters), but on this occasion we were treated like VIPs. Customer loyalty is earned these days. I will always stay there when I go to Shreveport.

Room Tip: The river views are much nicer.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!