“Clean and roomy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Burleson
“Clean and roomy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Night 4 of a 5 day road trip with family. We reserved two rooms. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean. The bathrooms were oversized and roomy. The linens and pillows showed some wear - okay, a lot of wear, stains and small tears - but were clean and plentiful. This is a family-owned establishment and it shows. The staff was friendly, and helpful. There was a lengthy delay obtaining a luggage cart and bellhop assistance. Free valet parking was available, even for our oversized vehicle (self-parked in the secured valet parking lot).
Some of the restaurants weren't open and we found that breakfast was only available, on-site, at the Sportsman's Restaurant. We'd had an unsatisfactory dinner at the Sportsman's the previous night and were not looking forward to breakfast at the Sportsman's, however breakfast proved a pleasant surprise! A much better value for the money. Service was slow for both meals, but friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved the bathroom. A friend and I were there for a girl's weekend. We stayed two days. One day was comped and we were supposed to pay for one night. Upon checkout, we found our bill had been comped 100%. This hotel accepts pets (only on certain floors) and there was a loud barking dog next to us on a floor that it was not supposed to be on. We had to call and complain. Management immediately took care of the situation. The dog was quiet for the rest of our stay. The Sportsman's restaurant had really good food. Overall, we had a great visit and would definitely go back even if our room had not been comped. All hotel staff that we encountered was great. Casino slots were tight, but drinks rocked in the casino. It was a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a stop over of a long driving tour. We were skeptical but the room was really nice. Clean, fresh with nice finish out in the large bathroom. Not seedy like many casino hotels. I did not eat or gamble there but I would try it again based on what I saw.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

First let me say that we enjoy staying / playing at the Eldorado. Now let me tell you about our latest trip.

Arriving before noon, our SUV died (major mechanical problem) one block from the hotel leaving us to walk with our luggage. Check-in was set for 4:00, but when the front desk was made aware of our dilemma, rooms were found for us that were already made-up allowing us to freshen up and stow our luggage.

After lunch and game play in the casino, our plans were to drive over the bridge to the Louisiana Boardwalk for a movie. We went to the lobby to see if we could get someone to call us a minivan taxi so we could all ride together. I was directed to a very nice man in security. Telling him our story, he told me to wait. The next thing I knew, he was directing us to come out front. To our amazement, he had made arrangements for us to be transported in their VIP limo - a richly-appointed Mercedes van. We were dropped off at the cinema and picked up there as well.

I'm telling you that we are not VIPs (we frequent the Eldorado, but are not heavy betters), but on this occasion we were treated like VIPs. Customer loyalty is earned these days. I will always stay there when I go to Shreveport.

Room Tip: The river views are much nicer.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I ate at their restaurant, The Vintage. The quail was almost raw. My drink was very weak. We had a complaint to the manager is he was beyond rude. All of this for a $50 meal. No thanks! I will never go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Cleburne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I took business clients to Shreveport for a weekend. Needed a Hotel/ Casino that would allow me to book several nights including a sat night. This is the nicest in my opinion out of the big 3( this, SAMs town, Horse shoe). Gambled there, ate buffet there for breakfast, not too bad.
Always ate dinner across river at the boardwalk.
Shreveport standards for service on anything are the level you'll find in Dallas, or Vegas. But seems to be getting better as the years go by. If you want the closest to Vegas in Shreveport, this is it.

• Stayed May 2013
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. The rooms are OK. Room service food was OK. Beware of that Casino.
I was playing a Bonus Ball Machine and hit 5 - 7's with a 2X bonus amount to be paid which turned out to be about $80.00 with a bet of $1.80 for each spin. First of all you would think it would pay more but the real issue here is that the winning amount was NEVER paid to my balance. I watched again when I won to see if it paid me correctly and it did not. The game ripped me 3 times and I cashed out and told a Security Guard what just happened and he basically did not care! It was just too bad on my part. He didn't bother to find a manager to address the situation and kinda just snickered and walked away. Margaritaville is the place to go now.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!