“ElDorado Casino” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 28 Attractions in Shreveport
Activities: Gambling
More attraction details
Owner description: On your next vacation, a visit to one of Louisiana's largest resort casinos may be worth the gamble.
Hammond, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
“ElDorado Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I usually don't go to Shreveport/Bossier to gamble because the Mississippi Coast is so much closer but we had a family reunion there so we tried the ElDorado and we were pretty much satisfied with it, even though we did manage to lose a little. Imagine that! We are slot players and concentrate on the low price ones. They were plentiful in this casino. No smoke problems and had a good atmosphere. Having tried a couple other casinos there, the ElDorado is our first choice.

Visited June 2013

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“I find I win more here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stick to the hangover and sex in the city machines and always seem to win (these machines are almost always being used). I like that they are easy on the drinks (no telling you that you have to wait). The celebrity lounge (hookah lounge) is very nice and they usually have great drink specials like 2 for 1 for women before 11pm on Fridays. The seafood buffet on Friday is good too (just crabs,crawfish,mussells) don't expect lobster. Parking is always packed but no matter where you park you are not far from the elevators. Over all from all the casinos in the Shreveport/bossier city area this is the best in my opinion. I found a cell phone with the charger in the restroom once lol. The casino is a big attraction to the young people late weekend nights. I noticed around midnight all the older people in the celebrity lounge left and it got packed with a after hour club feeling. So expect to see the rowdy crowd late at nights on the first floor. They don't get out of control. Security is great here.

Visited May 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
16 attraction reviews
“Nice buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We aren't gamblers, but we do eat at the Casino buffets. The El Dorado is one of the leading Casinos in the Shreveport/ Bossier area. It is extremely clean and inviting. Friends who are gamblers always list this as a "go to" place. The Shreveport Symphony was across the street from the El Dorado. When we were season ticket holders, we arrived early enough to have dinner at the buffet before going to the Symphony. We were never disappointed.

Tatum
8 attraction reviews
“Better than Horseshoe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

People flock to the Shreveport area for the gambling and many head to Horseshoe since it is right off of the interstate. Eldorado is further into the downtown area and offers a better gaming experience (in my opinion). The facility is very nice, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the gaming area has many table games (my preference). Although it does get crowded on the weekends, it is usually less crowded than Horseshoe, so it is a more relaxed experience.

Visited March 2013
Lampasas
3 attraction reviews
“A great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was always under the assumption from our trip to Las Vegas that you had to be a loser in order to get comps. Not so at the Eldorado in Shreveport. The first time we went we payed for our room, $89.00 I think it was, we payed for our meals and we won a few dollars in the casino. Ever since then we have had comp rooms and meals. We go to the Eldorado about once a month we win some we loose some and have a lot of fun. The rooms are great, comfortable beds huge bathroom with huge garden tub and separate glassed in shower. Great view of Shreveport from the rooms on the upper floors.

Visited April 2013