“Avoid” 1 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Inn   |   5204 Monkhouse Drive, Shreveport, LA 71109   |
Cairns, Australia
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We also stayed here because American Airlines arranged the accommodation after we were stranded at the airport. We didn't realise that most of the passengers took one look at the bars on the doors and the night club downstairs and went to the Hampton Inn next door. They paid and were going to be reimbursed by AA. We didn't realise we could do that so we did stay at the worst hotel we've ever been in. It is filthy and inhabited by spaced-out clientele. Our room was extremely run down and only one light had a bulb in it. Wifi didn't work, bathroom was dirty and the toilet blew a pipe during the night and flooded our room and those on the floor below.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
LA LUZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Late stop after a tiring drive, we found what looked to be a nice, non-chain motel (the local Quaility Inn was booked). The motel had the appearance of once being a very nice, up scale motel but now reflects that it has experienced a long period of neglect. Broken grill work on the a/c, mismatched wood floor to tile, caulking need in bath. neglected wet puddle in the hall, and a nearly overwhelming smell of smoke. As another example, the charge slip says the motel is in ShrevePORK, La. Positive--the bedding was clean and the bed comfortable. Would I recommend it? No, only if there was no place else to stay.

Room Tip: Try to find another place
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were forced to stay here when stranded at the airport overnight with American Airlines. What to say about this hell hole. The pool was padlocked and the check in was behind a bullet proof class "night check in" hallway. The deadbolt didn't work, the shower had black mold from corner to corner, the alarm clock was unplugged and 'thrown' behind the nightstand the carpet was rolled up in the corner. It was downright scary as well, not the place I would expect AA to chose. If it wasn't 3am, I would have walked right back out and demanded to stay at a hotel. This place was beyond disgusting. I would NEVER recommend staying here. In fact, it should be shut down.

Room Tip: No rooms are worth paying for. Watch out!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I we went to Shreveport, LA to celebrate our 27th anniversry and when we enter to the room of the hotel was not the room that we expected to see. The bedspread had a spot of blod and the bed was very old. My husband did not say anything to the front desk person, because he was angry already, so he get our suitcases and we walked away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Port Arthur, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

THE SMELL OF SMOKE MET ME AT THE DOOR! But I tried to be optimistic, because the lobby was very nice. The staff was also very friendly. However, upon entering the bedroom, I was immediately horrified. The bed was leaning and had a post missing off of it. The linens didn't appear to be clean. The toilet was dirty. I was afraid to walk on the floor and sleep in the bed. My mom and sister were in another room, and they took pictures of all the dirt and things falling apart, so they were refunded. However, I was denied my refund because the conditions for my room were "not that bad." Me and my entire family staying there (about 25 of us!) all left the next morning and went to the Hampton next door...and we LOVED it there! We make this trip every year from Texas for our reunion, and I have never been so disgusted in a hotel in my life! I would give this hotel a zero, but you have to rate it something.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brookwood, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Upon arrival, the lady at the front desk was very nice. The lobby looks like it is in great shape and gives a false opinion of the hotel. I went to my room. Immediately, there was a horrible smell in the hallway going to my room. I opened the door, and there was an even worse smell in the room. I turned the light switch on, and the light was making a horrible electrical pop noise and the light kept flickering. I looked in the bathroom and the toilet seat was old and rusted. The shower was actually clean and worked very well. There was dirt and mold behind the beds. There was ONE power outlet in the whole room to use for computers or chargers. The pillows are horrible! Very uncomfortable. I am not sure why this hotel can't replace the toilet seats and actually clean behind the beds. There are many bad reviews on this site, so I am thinking they really don't care about how horrible the hotel is.

Room Tip: No rooms are are good in this hotel according to the 20 people I was traveling with.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rita H, Manager at Merryton Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Mark,

I'm sorry you were so disappointed with your stay. Our customers' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so your review is very troubling to me. I'm sorry that your room was so unkempt--this is unacceptable and I hope you'll accept my most sincere apology. Next time, we'd be happy to switch you to another room.

I can assure you that we do care about the quality of our hotel. We take these reviews seriously and use them to aid us as we strive to improve. If you have any further comments or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love a chance to put our best foot forward.

Rita, Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Room was dirty, lamps and furniture were broken, no remote for tv, mold in bathroom, hallways and loby were even dirty. The worst was that gave a key for our room to a new guest that was checking in after midnight and he tried to get in the room! Booked the room through hotelplanner.com and they were of no help. Won't stay in Shreveport again and would caution others to beware.

Room Tip: A different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rita H, Manager at Merryton Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Ray,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Customer satisfaction is crucial to us as we aim to impress all of our guests. The fact that you had so many issues with your stay is very troubling to me. I plan on looking further into the situation to ensure that these issues never occur again. Providing consistent quality is our primary concern, and your candor will aid us as we continue to strive for excellence. If you have any further comments or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. Take care.

Rita, Manager

Been to Merryton Inn? Share your experiences!