“Horrible Stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Shreveport B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Horrible Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Room was dirty, lamps and furniture were broken, no remote for tv, mold in bathroom, hallways and loby were even dirty. The worst was that gave a key for our room to a new guest that was checking in after midnight and he tried to get in the room! Booked the room through hotelplanner.com and they were of no help. Won't stay in Shreveport again and would caution others to beware.

Room Tip: A different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ray,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Customer satisfaction is crucial to us as we aim to impress all of our guests. The fact that you had so many issues with your stay is very troubling to me. I plan on looking further into the situation to ensure that these issues never occur again. Providing consistent quality is our primary concern, and your candor will aid us as we continue to strive for excellence. If you have any further comments or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. Take care.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

This hotel needs to be bulled dozed and rebuilt. The staff was very friendly but the noise was a ........... The bathroom was dirty the corners had never been touched. the bathtub had paint all over it. The towels looked like the outside pavement. I work for a five star hotel in Dallas I know how a hotel should be. People stay AWAY. Catch one of the planes at the airport up the street and fly by thIs dump. DON'T WALK, DON'T RUN, FLY OVER THIS DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes the elevator made a loud noise , when it stopped you better hold on. the landing was a hard jolt

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
jacque,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. We hope to impress all of our guests, so this is very troubling to me. Under no circumstance should our bathroom be dirty--this is entirely unacceptable. I'm not sure when you were in, but I can assure you that this is not a typical issue our customers experience. If you have any further feedback please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always striving to improve, so it would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Pelican, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

First off, the pictures are not what this hotel looks like in person. The beds were filthy. Our sheets, pillows, and blankets were very dirty. The blanket looks like something from the 1800's. Our towels had hair on them. After taking a shower, you still felt dirty. We didnt sleep any due to the noise from arguing in the hall way. I am embarrassed to say I stayed here, but being labor day weekend there wasnt anywhere else available. All the lights in the room didnt even work. Also, the elevator did not work, but yet they still put us on the third floor. There were beer cans on the stairway. The complimentary breakfast was awful. A donut and a muffin , seriously ? All in all, this hotel is for scums !!!! If you have just the slightest little bit of class, DONT STAY HERE !!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont get a room here. I rather sleep in a tent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rita H, Manager at Merryton Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay. We always aim to impress our customers, so it's troubling to hear what you have to say. The fact that you found your room so dirty is unacceptable. However, I can assure you we've made great strides to improve over the past year. I'm sure you'd be impressed with what we have to offer, so I hope you'll consider giving us another chance if you're ever in the area. We'd love the opportunity to wow you! I hope all is well.

DFW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever set foot in. We didn't even stay there for the night. We returned to the room at 11 PM and decided that we had to get out of that place. There were 4 guys outside arguing whenever we arrived, roaches, and the place was so FILTHY. The shower was practically black. The pillows had stains on them. the mini fridge was disgusting. It was one of the cheaper hotels, but still WAY OVERPRICED for what you are getting. We left and paid for a nicer place to stay. You can't put an amount on a safe, clean place to sleep

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
DFW1985,

I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your time here. This is very troubling to me--we always aim to show our guests a great time. Having said that, I can assure you we have made great strides in the past few years since you've been here. I hope you'll give us another chance if you're ever in the area. I know we have what it takes to impress you!

Powder Springs, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Yes, you definately get what you pay for. If you are a clean person and you have the least bit of respect for yourself and your loved ones you will find somewhere else to stay. My girlfriend and I were in Shreveport for the game this past weekend (Sept. 4-6) and we stayed in this hotel or inn whatever you want to call it (Merryton Inn) and we were ROBBED. But the story gets better, we were robbed while we lay asleep in our room. Yes, the police were called in and they stated that it was an inside job. So from one very concerned individual to another, please I beg you to find somewhere else to lay your head. We were with a group of people, the reservations were made for us, but if I had it to do ALL over again I would NOT stay there, don't be taken by the price/rate they are that low for a reason. This place is a NIGHTMARE............Ms. Concerned

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Do not believe the photos on the website for the Merryton Inn! The pictures must be from day 1 of their opening in 2000. The name should be changed to the ROACH MOTEL, we had to ask the roaches for permission to go in our room. You can not get clean in their dirty soap scum showers, I kept my shoes and under clothes on to shower. I did not trust the water at all, plus it would not drain, water covered my feet while in the shower. Oh, did I mention someone's room was burgularized while they we sleep inside the room. No the security cameras did not catch it!!! And the police did not come until hours later. I was so embarassed to walk my children in that hell hole! Never again! My bad, I'm from Houston, TX and did not know any better. Never question or bargain the cost of where you will sleep and shower!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010 via mobile

Fist I ask on hotels.com for a room with a jucuzzi and big bed. When I get here I seeen the small room, and I could not believe I wasted my money, I ipgraded to the suiite, by paying 40 extra dollars a night, which sucked.. but the suite was an okay choice but def not a 3 star. I'm ashamed.

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Merryton Inn? Share your experiences!