“Clean, Safe, and Convenient” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Louisiana
“Clean, Safe, and Convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights while in town for an event. This hotel's location was convenient, both in its proximity to the event and in ease of getting off/on I-49. My room was clean and comfortable, and the overall stay was good.

The hotel's description may be out-of-date. For example, it indicates that there is a hot tub in addition to the pool, but the hot tub was nowhere to be found. That aside, they do have a pool and a guest laundry, and the breakfast was good. The sausage gravy was particularly good. You may want to heat your cold biscuit in the toaster, however.

Though this hotel was a little overpriced and it was nothing special, there certainly wasn't anything seriously wrong, either. If I return to this area, I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
leigh, Lancs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We booked this as a stopover as we were travelling from Clarksdale to Dallas!!
We stayed over the Memorial Weekend so the hotel was fully booked, that said, it didn't impact on us at all, apart from breakfast time being busy.
The rooms were clean, spacious and had everything we needed.
The only problem with the location was that we didn't have much choice for food that evening, so we walked across to Wendy's for a burger.
We went in the pool, but being in the 90's it was way too hot to spend any amount of time on a sun lounger so after a quick dip we returned to our room and stayed cool with the aircon !!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Nice clean room. Comfortable bed. Frig, microwave, coffe pot, and iron in our room. Delicious HOT breakfast, Pool was nice and clean though on the smallish side which would only be a problem if it were full - it was deserted when we went. Desk clerks were nice. There is a computer room you can use - but the internet is SLOW. SLOW, SLOW! Even though it is small there is an ELEVATOR! Fast food restaurants nearby (1/4 mile). We did not have a problem with noise. Would stay here again. Was easy to get up the next am and get to where we wanted to go. Yes, the hotel is older but we did not find it to be shabby at all.

Room Tip: Be aware that there is a $200 a day fine for smoking in a non-smoking room.
Wichita Falls, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

It was late! I had been driving more than nine hours. A friend and I had been to a classmates' reunion in Gulf Shores, AL. We were both tired and had gotten on the wrong road. It was a real relief to find the Comfort Inn. The lady at the registration desk was very friendly and pleasant. We had a comfortable room with comfortable queen beds. The morning buffet was very good.

Room Tip: If you know where you will be stopping, it is a good idea to make reservations.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Not real familiar with the Shreveport area but was warned to make sure whatever hotel we stayed in was in a good area. This led us to the Bert Kuhns/Youree Dr area. Reservations were made online & we also called the hotel to make a request for a 1st floor room, as we had an eldery woman traveling with us.When we arrived, the clerk was very nice & had us in a first floor room just as we had requested. The room was spacious, had a microwave, mini fridge, working area, & the ac worked well. The bathroom was big & spacious equipped with plenty of towels & washcloths. We heard a little noise throughout the night but nothing more than you would expect at any hotel. The free breakfast was very good, waffles, pastries, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, yogurt, & fruit. The hotel is located near a shopping mall, many retail stores, & many restaurants. All in all, our experience here was very good. The hotel isn't new but they've done a good job keeping it clean & fresh. It may be a little pricey but is in the same range as most of the hotels in that area-remember, location is EVERYTHING in Shreveport.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

After reading the reviews, I hesitated to stay here. But the location was exactly what I needed, so I made reservations. I was pleased that it was not as bad as the reviews indicate. The carpet needs to be replaced, but other than that my room was clean and the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fine. There was lots of hot water and nice thick towels, both of which I like. They also provided the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had at a motel - sausage and eggs and everything you would expect to go with them. My only complaint is that the floors are thin, and you can hear people walking above you. But there was no walking around at night, so this didn't impact my sleep. I only stayed one night, and did not attempt to use the Internet connection. I would stay here again.

Terre Haute, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

What a disappointment. Needed a place to stay while visiting a family friend and this place was closest to her nursing home. Have stayed at Comfort Inns before with no problems, but this one was a disappointment. First problem was that the entire non-smoking 3rd floor smells of cigarette smoke. Not like someone was smoking in the room recently, but the smell of smoke is always lingering. Found out that the 2nd floor is all smoking rooms. Who was the genius that decided that arrangement? Smoke rises, duh.

The next problem was that I never received maid service. Stayed three nights and the room was prepped at check-in, but that was it. One the second night when I returned to my room it had not been made up, but i was exhausted and just wanted sleep, figuring they'd get it the next day. Wrong. One my third night it still was not made up. Went to the front desk to get fresh towels and complain. Night clerk promised compensation. When checking out the day manager refused any kind of compensation, claiming the do not disturb sign was on my door the entire time! Ridiculous -- maybe it was on at 8:00 AM, but by 9:00 I was out of the room and no sign was left on the door. Apparently if the maid sees the sign at all, no cleaning for you. Next!

Will never, EVER stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, try to stay off the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Shreveport? Share your experiences!