“Clean, Friendly, Safe...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Louisiana
“Clean, Friendly, Safe...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Not real familiar with the Shreveport area but was warned to make sure whatever hotel we stayed in was in a good area. This led us to the Bert Kuhns/Youree Dr area. Reservations were made online & we also called the hotel to make a request for a 1st floor room, as we had an eldery woman traveling with us.When we arrived, the clerk was very nice & had us in a first floor room just as we had requested. The room was spacious, had a microwave, mini fridge, working area, & the ac worked well. The bathroom was big & spacious equipped with plenty of towels & washcloths. We heard a little noise throughout the night but nothing more than you would expect at any hotel. The free breakfast was very good, waffles, pastries, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, yogurt, & fruit. The hotel is located near a shopping mall, many retail stores, & many restaurants. All in all, our experience here was very good. The hotel isn't new but they've done a good job keeping it clean & fresh. It may be a little pricey but is in the same range as most of the hotels in that area-remember, location is EVERYTHING in Shreveport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

After reading the reviews, I hesitated to stay here. But the location was exactly what I needed, so I made reservations. I was pleased that it was not as bad as the reviews indicate. The carpet needs to be replaced, but other than that my room was clean and the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fine. There was lots of hot water and nice thick towels, both of which I like. They also provided the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had at a motel - sausage and eggs and everything you would expect to go with them. My only complaint is that the floors are thin, and you can hear people walking above you. But there was no walking around at night, so this didn't impact my sleep. I only stayed one night, and did not attempt to use the Internet connection. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

What a disappointment. Needed a place to stay while visiting a family friend and this place was closest to her nursing home. Have stayed at Comfort Inns before with no problems, but this one was a disappointment. First problem was that the entire non-smoking 3rd floor smells of cigarette smoke. Not like someone was smoking in the room recently, but the smell of smoke is always lingering. Found out that the 2nd floor is all smoking rooms. Who was the genius that decided that arrangement? Smoke rises, duh.

The next problem was that I never received maid service. Stayed three nights and the room was prepped at check-in, but that was it. One the second night when I returned to my room it had not been made up, but i was exhausted and just wanted sleep, figuring they'd get it the next day. Wrong. One my third night it still was not made up. Went to the front desk to get fresh towels and complain. Night clerk promised compensation. When checking out the day manager refused any kind of compensation, claiming the do not disturb sign was on my door the entire time! Ridiculous -- maybe it was on at 8:00 AM, but by 9:00 I was out of the room and no sign was left on the door. Apparently if the maid sees the sign at all, no cleaning for you. Next!

Will never, EVER stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, try to stay off the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Spicewood, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I am a business traveler and I rely on high speed internet communications (on a VPN) in the evening after I have made my rounds during the day.

I hope I can complete this review before I get kicked off again. Last night, I was unable to connect and lost several hours of productivity. Today, I thought the service was working better, but after connecting to my VPN, I was kicked off after only 10 minutes.

I contacted the front desk; there answer is always the same: "We're working on it."

For $109 per night I expect more.

The room's nice though, but there are no resaurants nearby except for fast food joints.

The hot breakfast was average. There was no hot sauce available for the eggs, and this is Louisiana (a huge cultural shortcoming with all the great sauces originating here).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

The best tripadvsor rating for motels in Shreveport was a 2 and a half. I settled on the Comfort Inn and Suites and it was not much. The room was not very clean ( sticky glass rings on the sink/bar area, trash can not emptied.) The morning desk fellow managed to provide me with the receipt I requested without ever making eye contact or saying a word. Unbelieveable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Haile, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

You better be sure you don't leave anything in the room. We left our dirty laundry bag which had my daughter's uniform in it. I realized it as soon as we got home and called the hotel immediately. I was told to call at 8:00 the next morning (Monday) and speak to the housekeeping supervisor. I called at 8:10, but she was not in... called back at 9:15 and got her. She said she would go check and call me back in 15 minutes. She never called me back. I called her back about an hour later and she had left! The girl I talked to that time said she would check on it and I should call back. I called back for the 5th time and she said she had checked the room and spoken to the housekeeping staff that cleaned the room and that they had not found anything. It's not like they would not notice a whole back of clothes among the white towels and sheets! I asked the lady if they would please call me if they found it and she said yes. I later called again to be sure they still had my name and number so they could call if they found it. That was 2 weeks ago, and today we are back in Shreveport... my friend asked about it at the front desk when they checked in and the front desk clerk walked in the back and looked... there it was! She gave them all the clothes! All they had to do was call and tell me and it would have saved me much worry and MONEY! I will not give them any more of my money! There are too many other hotels right in that area with a HELPFUL staff .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Second try at this hotel. It is ok, but you do not get much for the amount you have to pay. The cost is too high. The bed was not good. The breakfast is only OK. There are much better places to stay that don't cost as much. Location is good and it is clean.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Shreveport? Share your experiences!