“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Room was very comfortable, clean bathroom and nice big shower with extra towels. Breakfast was very good with fresh fruit salad, nice robust coffee and the only hotel that had sugar free condiments. Thank you LaVonda.

• Stayed September 2013
TomatHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Ragsy2;

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking your valuable time to tell everyone about your stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Homewood Suites Shreveport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Gulf Breeze, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have stayed at this specific location multiple times and each visit has been wonderful! Staff is always very friendly and helpful. The breakfast and receptions are very nice. The managers and staff are always cheerful and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear MarthaN

We love to hear from our repeat guests and our repeat guests are what makes our hotel successful. Please keep us in mind when you are back in town.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I dont know even know where to begin to describe this wonderful hotel! First, my family and I were in town for my grandfathers funeral. It was last minute, as expected, and, being a mother of twins, was very stressful getting everything planned. Wonderfully, this hotel very graciously has a bereavement rate and even when I asked if I needed to bring a program or other memento from the funeral the manager said Absolutely not. Our room was fantastic, it was four adults and two toddlers. We had two cribs in our room when we arrived just as we had asked. And everything was very clean and in order. We arrived on a Monday and during the week they offer a complimentary dinner with beer and wine. It was so nice to not have to load my kids back up in the car to go get dinner. And being able to have a nice glass of wine was refreshing. :) The next morning we had a great breakfast downstairs at the buffet also.
I have to say though, the best part about this hotel was just how accommodating they were to our situation. We went to the funeral and in order me to the graveside service, my kids needed to go back to the room with my parents to take a nap. This was after our check out time, but we called the front desk and they were so kind and sympathetic. I was able to say goodbye to my grandfather and not have to worry about rushing to get my kids. Such a blessing.
Thank you so much Homewood, I can absolutely promise you we will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TomatHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Hahwee3;

On behalf of the entire staff, we are sorry for your loss and we are glad that the staff was able to accommodate your family in this very trying time. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay as we will share your comments with the entire hotel.

Yours in Hospitality,

Chattanooga, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It has been awhile since I stayed at Homewood Suites. The spaciousness of the room and the food were great. Even though we arrived on Thursday night and were only able to take advantage of 1 night of an evening meal it made the end of our journey much better being able to walk to our delicious meal then go back to our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sue D;

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Shreveport and we are glad that you were able to try Homewood Suites again. Our staff takes pride in the service that we offer to our guests with the 2012 and 2013 Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor based on our guests comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and keep staying with Homewood Suites!!

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The staff was excellent, I called everyday in order to get a room that was not available to me at the time that I reserved. The staff knew me by name and was excited to see me when I finally showed up. They made sure I had what I needed and also made sure my kids were ok. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. Thanks

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lorenzo R;

So nice to hear from our satisfied guests. On many occassions we do not have the room types available for our guests when they make the reservations as our hotel stays busy, but we are always on the lookout for cancellations so we can rearrange reservations so our guests can receive the room types that they really want. We are so glad that we were able to do this with your family.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

If one is familiar with Homewood properties, then it is best to describe this location as one of the larger four-story squares with an inner courtyard and pool. It appears to be very new. The staff were great, and the lady helping with breakfast was especially kind and helpful. I was travelling on business south of the city and this location worked well. It is near a number of restaurants, major roads, and the access to the airport was very good. Overall, I was very pleased to stay here and would be happy to if I'm in Shreveport again. My only substantive criticism is that my room was 85 degrees when I checked in at 9:00 at night. The cushions were propped up on the couch and the cupboards were open in the kitchen. This is a minor thing, but it did serve to be a bit disorienting after a long day of travelling and instead of giving me the impression that it had just been cleaned it made me concerned for a few moments that the room had not been cleaned since the last guest. I support any effort to conserve energy but my suggestion would be to set the thermostat to a high temperature when unoccupied as opposed to turning it off completely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

we are staying long term,tom and the staff have went out of their way to make our stay comfy,they let us check in early so we didnt have to wait for hours,,it is really quiet here,they have a wonderful breakfast and dinner,the suites are real spacious,the beds are comfy,i got a good nights sleep,price is reasonable compared to others we have stayed in,this is a real nice place with lots of extras-,pool spa,exercise room,computer room,etc,this place is well kept up and quiet,the house keepers are real friendly,i rate this place ~EXCELENT thank you Leslie buhmann

Room Tip: friendly manager and staff