“Shreveport” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Birmingham, Alabama
“Shreveport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I travel to Shreveport about every three months and usually stay at this facility. It appears to be an older property for the Garden Inn chain as some of the newer ones are nicer than this hotel. It is close to the airport and it right off the interstate exit. However depending on your direction of travel the exit can be very crowded in the early AM and during the evening rush hour. Going west to Dallas is when I have encountered the most traffic around the 5PM hour and this exit has taken me as much as 30 minutes to reach the hotel. There is just a lot of traffic on I-20 going both directions. Check in is usually quick and the rooms are OK. They seem smaller versus some Garden Inns I stay at. Try to avoid the rooms on the end of the building that face the interstate as there is constant road noise. I have noticed noise from room to room being able to hear voices and the TV going. The breakfast set up is good with the usual items but they seem to rush you and want you to order as soon as you sit down. Not appealing if you want to read the paper and sip coffee. Dinner is typical for this type of hotel and most items are not fresh. However if you are unfamiliar with the area there are not many good restaurants near by. Mostly fast food places. To find a good restaurant you will need to drive about 10 miles or go to one of the casinos located downtown. Because I am there for business I don't frequent the casinos so cannot comment on the food. One good thing about this hotel is the rooms rates are usually lower when compared to other cities I visit. There is much competition from the surrounding casinos which may account for this. The parking lot is well lighted and the rooms seem to secure but this area of Shreveport is mostly run down and I have encountered some unsavory people not at the hotel but close by with some local shops etc.

Room Tip: Avoid the room that are close to the interstate as their is constant road noise. I personally don...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at the Shreveport Hilton Garden Inn on a recent visit. I was thoroughly impressed with the amenities at this hotel. It was both extremely clean and modern. It was extremely quiet and conveniently located to shops and attractions. The airport is also close by. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Shreveport/Bossier City area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great Location, Staff was very accomodating. Great Stay!! Choose this hotel during both of my business travel stop and was plesae during both stays, would highly recommend this hotel... There's not to many decent hotels along I-20 thats worth staing in my opioin that up to par, but this one was.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Came to town for a family issue - so stress levels were high - but I made an excellent choice as hotels go. The front desk was VERY courteous and helpful. My room was a bit smaller that I anticipated, but it had everything that I needed. The climate control was great and the bed was very comfortable. My room was quiet - and a great experience overall. I would absolutely stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I asked for a quite room and was placed on their highest floor (4th).
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Only one small hiccup with staff remedied very quickly. The "Bed and Breakfast" Promotional rate on our room was so worth it...nice, hot, made to order breakfast for our fam of 4. I loved the complimentary coffee, hot cocoa and teas always set up in the lobby. My kiddo enjoyed the indoor pool and spa. Would stay again. Great easy location right off I-20.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed over night at this Hilton Garden INN. I arrived late and my room was ready. The man at the front desk was very nice. He also was familiar with the area and was able to give good directions. The hotel was clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I suppose we just came on a bad day for this facility. Overall Hilton has been a nice place to rest away from home. Our sink had a disgusting leak and we were offered repair completion on or about 10p.m. When we decided this was too late they offered a trash basket to catch the leak and towels to be placed on the floor as their best effort to satisfy their customer. Sad, indeed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SHVSH, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for providing us with your feedback from your recent stay. We strive to provide all of our guests with a great stay, and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. While we hope to catch all deficiencies that may happen prior to our guest's arrival, we did not catch the problem with your sink. We have taken your feedback and passed it along to our Maintenance Department. The issue has since been addressed. We can only get better by hearing from our guests, so we appreciate your letting us know. We hope that you will return to our property the next time you are in Shreveport to let us earn back your business.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport? Share your experiences!