“Great stay! I would definitely stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Pkg!
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Mobile, Alabama
“Great stay! I would definitely stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was the perfect stop on our trip. Very nice and we always love the HGI breakfast! I love this place for work or pleasure! The rooms are nice and always clean, and the breakfast is always wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Olympia, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Traveled to Shreveport on business. I had never been there before so used reviews on-line to pick the hotel. The hotel provided government rates and it was a great experience at a hotel. I travel a lot and rested very well. The bed and pillows was extremely comfortable. The mattress was a memory foam type and really made my back feel good. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Easy check-in and check-out process. I didn't utilize any of the other conveniences of the hotel so can't speak about them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I recently drove from Lubbock, Tx to Atlanta, Ga to spend the holidays with my wife's family. 19-20 hours is a bit long to be in a Toyota Prius with three kids so we decided to stop halfway in Shreveport. We were lucky enough to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. This hotel was amazing! It was clean, fresh, the staff was extremely courteous and to top it all off it had an indoor pool that was open until midnight which was a big bonus for us with the kiddos. We loved this hotel so much that we decided to stay there again on the trip back. Only one thing, one tiny little thing struck me as not really bad, but just odd with our stay. The night of our trip back we stayed in a room on the third floor. About three in the morning a bottle of water that we had on the dresser decided to give us a nice little scare by tumbling to the floor EXTREMELY loudly, almost like someone throwing it as hard as they could. It was loud enough that it woke all of us up with a start. Now take from that what you will, maybe it just somehow moved on its own or maybe there was something behind it, but other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, I was promptly greeted as a gold member and checked in. As soon as I opened the door to my assigned room, a horrible urine smell hit me like a wall. I did a quick look around and returned to the front desk. The very nice employee quickly apologized and switched my room as well as issued a free breakfast coupon. The second room was fine - very clean, no smell. Hotel is quiet. I ate at the hotel restaurant last night. Long story short, I did not get what I ordered, but ate it anyway due to the time and the fact I wanted to go to sleep. The server offered a free dessert for the mistake but I declined. (I ordered the buffalo shrimp wrap and received the steak wrap) I'm not sure why all the mistakes/issues at this location but I feel they handled them both in a satisfactory manner. I'll stay here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn was pretty average, meaning it's a nice hotel and you'll be satisfied with your stay. Upon arriving, I had to ask for a new room as the sink in the first one would not quit dripping. There was also a great deal of light coming in from the up-cast lighting on the outside of the building, so I asked for a room that didn't have a light directly outside the window. In both cases, the room I was moved to was an improvement.

The rooms are nice, clean and fairly large. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are nice. No complaints there.

There's a little bar inside the hotel and you can order food, if you don't want to drive to a restaurant. The food is ok, but I'd recommend going out.

Staff was very nice and took care of my request to change rooms without hesitation and were very nice about it.

I would stay here again, if I'm in Shreveport and I would recommend it to others as well.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by accent lighting that shines on the building (and in some places that wind...