“Not Happy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Havant, United Kingdom
“Not Happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is only a one night stop on the way to our favourite Ramada in Irving TX . On arrival after our journey from Jackson Ms I asked the receptionist if there was any coffee in the lobby she said yes , but this was cold. We were then told they had those single cup coffee makers in the room, which we tried and found the coffee only Luke warm. I then asked her if she would make some more in the lobby, she answered that she would try to get someone in to make it , after waiting four hours we were checking the beds we saw the pillows were very dirty so I went to reception to ask for clean ones, and this caused an other problem she had to call somebody in, at the same time I asked for Bath soap. Eventually two new pillows arrived but no soap. I feel any thing out of the ordinary is too much for this receptionist. If they don't have guests they don't have jobs. We are both in our seventies but I don't think it too much to ask for a decent cup of coffee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texarkana, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let's start when we first arrived at the hotel. The front staff seemed decent and friendly enough, but when I asked if the room had a single bed, they said yes. When I went to the room, turns out there were two beds. The room was extremely humid and musty, probably because of the huge water stain on the ceiling where it has clearly been leaking from the above floors. I tried to turn on the TV just to find it was unplugged. After I plugged in the TV I found out that the TV didn't work and only made a loud humming noise whenever it was plugged in. I attempted to use the wireless internet and even called the front desk for assistance which was a complete waste. They didn't know why the internet was so slow and I didn't know how I was supposed to do any sort of work online without a decent internet connection. Also the outlet by the bed was shorting so badly I coudn't even charge my phone without turning the lamp on and off. In the bathroom we found lots of hair on the floor, sink, and shower. And our second night there, the light in the bathroom quit working completely! It was extremely relaxing trying to get ready at 5 in the morning when half the lights didn't even work! Lastly, the breakfast was deplorable. We had to leave and go to Wendy's for some actual sustenance. Needless to say, we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Save your money and go to a decent hotel. The price is not worth the deplorable service here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FORT WORTH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed at Ramada in New Iberia and it was a pleasnt one. The room was roomy, clean and close to the ice machine. The a/c was noisy and the handle on the tub faucet was loose and ready to fall off. Other than that, the stay was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This Ramada is operated by a licensee and not run directly by Ramada, or so it says in the lobby. The room I stayed in needed an upgrade in furniture as it was well worn. The carpets in the hallways and public areas were badly stained. The public areas had little, if any, air conditioning. The hotel itself is a little difficult to get to from I-20. The outside security doors on my wing were broken and remained open at all times. The room was secure enough. The amenities were average and overall it was an average budget hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Canton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Rooms were dirty, bathtub was rusty, carpets were stained and nasty, customer service was horrible, a nonstop party took place all night with no management intervention. Next morning was bottles, trash and drug use evidence was in hallways and common areas. Excessive loitering was made by non guests blocking doors.

Yes it was inexpensive, but I am hoping I do not get sick from the stay. Ramada should be ashamed to put their name on this place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is complete crap, and their customer service is terrible. After I made a reservation, I called the hotel again to let them know that I would be arriving late at night. The woman I talked to cut me off twice to put me on hold, then told me that she couldn't guarantee that I would have a room when I got there. No room? Even though I had a reservation and I'd given them my credit card? Right, she said. After some wrangling, I finally got her to assign me a too. In advance...apparently the only way I could be guaranteed a place to sleep.

Perhaps in revenge, the room we got was absolutely disgusting. The wallpaper were filthy and peeling off in places. The counter tops, light switches, door handles, and other surfaces were all slightly sticky. The shower was so gross with mold and mildew stains that I couldn't bring myself to use it. The carpet and chairs were stained with god knows what, both in the rooms and in the halls. There were splatter marks on the mirrors. The power outlets had no covers. And TOENAILS from a previous guest were scattered on the floor. What. The. Hell.

Also, the location is pretty iffy, and the signs in the parking lot saying the hotel is not responsible for the theft of cars or their contents was not at all reassuring. DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Ramada Shreveport? Share your experiences!