“Totally gross.” 1 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #28 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
“Totally gross.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is complete crap, and their customer service is terrible. After I made a reservation, I called the hotel again to let them know that I would be arriving late at night. The woman I talked to cut me off twice to put me on hold, then told me that she couldn't guarantee that I would have a room when I got there. No room? Even though I had a reservation and I'd given them my credit card? Right, she said. After some wrangling, I finally got her to assign me a too. In advance...apparently the only way I could be guaranteed a place to sleep.

Perhaps in revenge, the room we got was absolutely disgusting. The wallpaper were filthy and peeling off in places. The counter tops, light switches, door handles, and other surfaces were all slightly sticky. The shower was so gross with mold and mildew stains that I couldn't bring myself to use it. The carpet and chairs were stained with god knows what, both in the rooms and in the halls. There were splatter marks on the mirrors. The power outlets had no covers. And TOENAILS from a previous guest were scattered on the floor. What. The. Hell.

Also, the location is pretty iffy, and the signs in the parking lot saying the hotel is not responsible for the theft of cars or their contents was not at all reassuring. DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Worth, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I read the reviews about the lack of towels, so i called and questioned it, but i was reassured that the towel problem had been resolved. Well, it HASN'T!!!! For 4 people, we got 2 towels, they said that there were no more towels, don't pay attention to the sign in the room that says that you shouldn't take the bath towels to the pool, because the front desk will supply you with pool towels, NOT !!!! The "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" is only Monday - Friday, very disappointing ...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Benton, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a budget hotel and you get what you pay for. It is apparently located close to the club, because they have a lot of people coming in early in the morning loud and drunk. When we checked in around 11 pm, there was a very loud music playing somewhere around the lobby area, maybe some sort of party. We were quickly checked in and on our way to the room. Hotel was clean as well as our room. Again this is a budget hotel, so don’t expect anything fancy. Room was a good size, beds comfortable, few stains on the comforter, but sheet were clean. Bathroom was clean as well, one towel per person, no iron (there was an ironing board). Our room did not have a flat screen TV with premium channels as advertised, just a basic cable with okay quality. We went to breakfast around 6:30 and there was nothing but muffins, toast and boxed cereals, of course orange and apple juice, tea and coffee. The only unpleasant experience was our early wake up from the room next to us around 4:45 am. Loud noise, furniture flying around the room and fighting on the hallway. After I called the front desk, police arrived, so next hour we were listening to radios and police in and out. The walls are very thin so you can hear EVERYTHING. If I just need to spend a night for a fair price I think I would come back, but definitely not for enjoyment or family vacation. Clean room for a good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place was awful... First thing when walking in to check in... the front door sticks. Then the person who checked me in was unprofessional, and creepy. You ask for a list of restraunts in the area... and you get chinese take out menus...really? By now youre thinking maybe it isnt all THAT bad... but it gets worse. You drive around the hotel parking lot, and there are people sitting on the curb, just drinking their beer... people on the other side of the hotel smoking and blocking the entrance where you have to go inside. Note here... I did not feel comfortable leaving my car in the parking lot! But hey... they have signs to let you know the theft of your ar or anything in it, isnt their responsibility! When you go in, there are no elevators, so be prepared to carry all of your stuff up a flight of stairs and down the hallway to your room. Once inside the room you'll find carpets with all kinds of stains and who knows what on them. Make sure to wear socks. The bed is rock solid... with an old bedspread. The electrical outlet doesnt even have a plate on it. We have a two year old, so this was probably the breaking point here. We did not even stay. I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone... it needs some serious updates.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
The Deep South
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This Ramada Inn is located right off the highway, so it was a good location for us, as we were on our way to Texas and needed a place just to stop overnight. Before I say anything negative, I will say I was relieved that this hotel met our basic and most important needs: clean sheets, comfortable bed, working air conditioner, and quiet atmosphere. However, my sense is that this place is working with a skeleton crew and can only get the basics done. The physical plant has seriously deteriorated. The interior stairs (there is no elevator) were dilapidated and dirty. The parking lot was littered with garbage, and there was no landscaping to speak of, just some sad old bushes. It's a depressing place to be. We also tried to use the fitness center in the morning, but the air conditioning was NOT working in that room, so we didn't use the fitness machines -- too horrible to try to work out when it's 85 degrees. Instead my husband and I took a walk in the adjoining neighborhood, which is equally depressing: dogs barking on tethers, a cop trying to corner a vicious dog, broken down cars in front yards, etc. We had a good night's sleep, but I won't stay at this Ramada again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

There are only two floors with unclear room direction. We had hard time to find our room. The room alarm was off in middle night for no reason. We stayed in non-smoking room with full of smoke smell. Air condition made loud noisy. Had free continental breakfast with no people help to fill up the food. We looked everywhere to find helper. Finally, we seek front desk for helping. We were told that we have to find the helper work in the kitchen by ourselves. Eventually, we gave up. By the way, there are no scrambled eggs as description. Maybe it is weekend special.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
LaTrisha B, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I do apologize for the inconvenience of your stay. Our property is an inside corridor therefore all room locations and directions willbe located on the inside. There was a false alarm from another guest pulling the pull station which was out of our control,although we do want that alarm to work in the event that it needs to. Also that weekend was pretty busy so we are only able to cook food as fast as we possibly could to accomodate the amount of people that were in house on that day. You are more than welcome to come back to stay with us and be guaranteed a better experience.
Macon, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We showed up early and was told we could not check in until 3pm not a problem. Showed up around 3:15 to check in our rooms one is ready one is not even close to being ready. We finally changed rooms and moved in after 4. Then we checked the bathrooms and each room gets ONE towel period. Asked about it at the front desk and was told there are NO more towels in the hotel. This is a RAMADA????? Was told we could use the towel and they would wash it and dry it for us and bring it to us to use again. Will take it up tomorrow with the manager because no one else cared. Oh and they were still checking families in at 10pm with no more towels. Don't stay here unless you bring your towels with you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
There was a shortage of towels and I personally accomodated every guest that was not satisfied by the situation. The only guest that weren't accomadated supposing everything was fine, were the guest that did not let me know that they were unhappy here about the towels.

Been to Ramada Shreveport? Share your experiences!