“Softest Towels in Town!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Shreveport

Save Saved
You added Studio 6 Shreveport to your Saves list
Studio 6 Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5020 Hollywood Ave, Shreveport, LA 71109 (Formerly Candlewood Suites Shreveport)   |
Ranked #22 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Lewisville, Texas, United States
“Softest Towels in Town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

For a cheaper hotel, we weren't expecting too much. The odd smell in our room didn't keep us from enjoying this hotel. The towels were so soft that it literally felt like you were drying yourself off with a blanket. The pillows were awesome and the staff was friendly. All of 7 miles from the boats made this hotel totally worth staying at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Derek H, Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and especially our linens. We do apologize for the strange odor in the room and have corrected that minor issue. We pride ourselves on exceptional service, and look forward to accomodating you in the future.

Thanks!

Derek Harper

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Red Oak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this Candlewood Suites in Shreveport. The front desk personnel were extremely courteous to my family and our needs. I love the southern hospitality of everyone there from the housekeeping staff to management. My wife and I frequent Shreveport looking for a nice hotel to stay in that's not too pricey and Candlewood Suites always provides us with a wonderful suite complete with flat screens and plenty of space for the little ones to roam. I will be returning to this hotel again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We like Candlewood Suites in other cities and stay at them frequently which is why we stopped here, This one is not up to the Candlewood standards. I can't even think of where to start, Check in was quick after being shown a room. It took a few tried doors to find an empty room tho, The room was OK tho could have used a little sprucing up, and at least my husband got his recliner which is why we like this chain, We asked for a store close by and were sent to probably the worst part of town down Hollywood. We didn't even want to get out of the car so headed back to the hotel and called for take out. We were told later that this hotel is in a very unsafe part of Shreveport. When we found that there was no remote to the TV we asked the desk clerk, forgive me Quanita if I spelled your name wrong, asking for one, After several tries none would work so she came into the room a couple of times trying to get one to work herself, After about 10 PM when we had heard nothing from her for some time we just gave up and tried to get some sleep,. We were on the parking lot side of the building with a pickup outside our window coming and going and with no TV to drown out the noise we did not get much sleep, In the morning at check out I had to ask for our bill and not looking at it left. What we got was not a copy of the bill but a copy of a long distance call, zeroed out, that was the doing of the desk clerk when she told us how to get the take out the night before, We never did get a copy of the room bill and did not see the amount until we had returned home and received our credit card bill. $90.43 was a little much for the accomodations we had and we certainly will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear loanne55,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Shreveport.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Macomb, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Candlewood Suites is ideal for long-stay guests like me: good-sized room, full kitchen, free guest laundry, fully-stocked mini-store off the lobby, flat-screen TV with DVD player (lending library available), queen-size bed, wall lamps above nightstand, dresser/TV stand, desk with wall lamp and four AC outlets. Full sized fridge with freezer and icemaker, coffee pot, built-in dishwasher, electric cooktop below full sized microwave. Enough utensils and plateware for two people. Closet hides iron and ironing board. Plenty of hot water at kitchen sink (with disposal) and in bathroom; decent water pressure in shower. Hair dryer with nightlight in bathroom. Towels are plentiful and in good condition. HVAC unit under the window is quiet, even when on A.C. Wifi signal is strong in my room with little to no buffering of online movies. TV channels include all local stations and HBO. The desk and housekeeping staff are friendly and efficient. One true standout is Ava, who is cheerful and kind...I'd stay here again just for her! Regional airport is right across the highway, but we're not in the flight path and I never hear aircraft noise in the room. I can't rate the outdoor pool or exercise room, as I used neither on this stay.

Room Tip: Even-sided rooms on the first floor are quieter and face a high privacy fence.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My extended business in Louisiana kept me hoping from place to place while in Shreveport I found the Candlewood Suites close to the airport. Rooms were amazingly cheap at $67.00 I only needed one night. It was nice to use free internet that worked! The room was very clean and comfortable I slept very well. At the end of the day, I had a nice workout in the fitness center and then a good swim to relax. I would come back here. The staff was great help got me in and out very quickly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a Candlewood Suites for heaven sakes! They have a good name where I come from, but this is disappointing! First of all, housekeeping is done ONCE a week. Yes, it is a Suite hotel, but that doesnt mean cleaning should wait so long. The elevator carpet is faded and full of pet hair and dirt. The hallways were not cleaned until our third day here and our room floor was so oily, my father almost made a split when walking on it. Then, the pots and pans were philthy, covered in greese and burn bits and we had to wash them in our bathroom sink because the kitchen sink was smaller then one on an RV! Then the front desk HANDS US a bottle and a rag to clean the floors OURSELVES! We are guests, NOT HOUSEKEEPERS! One bed was new but the other bed sagged like an old man! The room was nice in general, but the cleanliness made it horrible. The houskeepers on our floor were Russian and did not speak much English but were SO helpful and kind! There were inspections going on and the man told me "Yeah.. been long since we had one" DONT TELL A GUEST THAT! The laundry was nice because it was all complimentary. My uncle fell on his butt in a chair at the pool and looked at all the chairs and loungers and they were ALL CRACKED! The highlight of this hotel was the nice staff and the free laundry. Also, the smoke alarm is right next to the stove so you cant even cook bacon without it going off! the MOST helpful staff member that I met (I met almost everyone because we complained so much!) was Marquis. he brought up a vacuum for me because I asked but it was nice because he works in sales and i just so happened to see him first in the hall. This hotel need a complete OVERHAUL in HOUSEKEEPING! I will be staying here again in a few years to see just how well their "Refreshing of Housekeeping" has done.

Room Tip: Bring some Windex, Lysol, and Clorox. Maybe your own vacuum and mop. Don't forget the rags.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear MWJ-PanAm,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It's always a pleasure to hear one of our staff go above and beyond to make our guest stay a pleasant one. However, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the condition of our property and housekeeping services that you have received which is not up to your par. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

While I understand your stay was not 100% as it should have been. I do hope you can stay with us again so we can show you how truly great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
Winnsboro, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I just spent the night at Candlewood, along with our son and his family. Our son booked the room because he needed to be near the airport. Upon arriving we were given rooms across the hall from each other. Our sons key wouldn't work. (We learned later it was because the person presently occupying the room had the deadbolt in use.) When my husband opened the door to our room, little faces were staring at us. We apologized and quickly closed the door. The girl working the front desk said she was sorry and gave us other rooms. My son's new room hadn't been cleaned. The spread was on the floor. We didn't look long enough to see if it was actually occupied! My room was vacant, thank goodness. My son was given an upgrade. All seemed well 'til we went to bed around 10. Someone on the 3rd floor was slamming doors and constantly walking. I am not exaggerating, my daughter-in-law called our room and asked if I was going in and out the door. This noise persisted 'til around 2 a.m. when I gave up and took a shower! (We had to be at the airport at 4.) After getting dressed, I tried to take a quick nap. Yes, you guessed it. The noise started all over. No, we didn't call the front desk, frankly because I was afraid the noise makers might take it out on us. I can say with NO hesitation, that we will NEVER stay here again. The price was too much considering that the room wasn't really clean. There were visible pee marks on the area at the bottom of the commode. The hallway and elevator areas were filthy. When I've told others this story, their reply has been, "Don't ever stay in that area. It is dangerous!" Wish I had asked before we went. Couldn't help but chuckle reading the positive remarks of many previous folks. Like I said, maybe we chose a bad night.

Room Tip: Ask to look your room over before committing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear 2Grammy02,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had especially with the issues on the occupied rooms and the noise. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention as these will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and actions will be taken accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Studio 6 Shreveport? Share your experiences!