“Dirty, but nice staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Shreveport

You added Studio 6 Shreveport to your Saves list
Studio 6 Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5020 Hollywood Ave, Shreveport, LA 71109 (Formerly Candlewood Suites Shreveport)   |
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
“Dirty, but nice staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a Candlewood Suites for heaven sakes! They have a good name where I come from, but this is disappointing! First of all, housekeeping is done ONCE a week. Yes, it is a Suite hotel, but that doesnt mean cleaning should wait so long. The elevator carpet is faded and full of pet hair and dirt. The hallways were not cleaned until our third day here and our room floor was so oily, my father almost made a split when walking on it. Then, the pots and pans were philthy, covered in greese and burn bits and we had to wash them in our bathroom sink because the kitchen sink was smaller then one on an RV! Then the front desk HANDS US a bottle and a rag to clean the floors OURSELVES! We are guests, NOT HOUSEKEEPERS! One bed was new but the other bed sagged like an old man! The room was nice in general, but the cleanliness made it horrible. The houskeepers on our floor were Russian and did not speak much English but were SO helpful and kind! There were inspections going on and the man told me "Yeah.. been long since we had one" DONT TELL A GUEST THAT! The laundry was nice because it was all complimentary. My uncle fell on his butt in a chair at the pool and looked at all the chairs and loungers and they were ALL CRACKED! The highlight of this hotel was the nice staff and the free laundry. Also, the smoke alarm is right next to the stove so you cant even cook bacon without it going off! the MOST helpful staff member that I met (I met almost everyone because we complained so much!) was Marquis. he brought up a vacuum for me because I asked but it was nice because he works in sales and i just so happened to see him first in the hall. This hotel need a complete OVERHAUL in HOUSEKEEPING! I will be staying here again in a few years to see just how well their "Refreshing of Housekeeping" has done.

Room Tip: Bring some Windex, Lysol, and Clorox. Maybe your own vacuum and mop. Don't forget the rags.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear MWJ-PanAm,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It's always a pleasure to hear one of our staff go above and beyond to make our guest stay a pleasant one. However, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the condition of our property and housekeeping services that you have received which is not up to your par. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

While I understand your stay was not 100% as it should have been. I do hope you can stay with us again so we can show you how truly great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnsboro, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I just spent the night at Candlewood, along with our son and his family. Our son booked the room because he needed to be near the airport. Upon arriving we were given rooms across the hall from each other. Our sons key wouldn't work. (We learned later it was because the person presently occupying the room had the deadbolt in use.) When my husband opened the door to our room, little faces were staring at us. We apologized and quickly closed the door. The girl working the front desk said she was sorry and gave us other rooms. My son's new room hadn't been cleaned. The spread was on the floor. We didn't look long enough to see if it was actually occupied! My room was vacant, thank goodness. My son was given an upgrade. All seemed well 'til we went to bed around 10. Someone on the 3rd floor was slamming doors and constantly walking. I am not exaggerating, my daughter-in-law called our room and asked if I was going in and out the door. This noise persisted 'til around 2 a.m. when I gave up and took a shower! (We had to be at the airport at 4.) After getting dressed, I tried to take a quick nap. Yes, you guessed it. The noise started all over. No, we didn't call the front desk, frankly because I was afraid the noise makers might take it out on us. I can say with NO hesitation, that we will NEVER stay here again. The price was too much considering that the room wasn't really clean. There were visible pee marks on the area at the bottom of the commode. The hallway and elevator areas were filthy. When I've told others this story, their reply has been, "Don't ever stay in that area. It is dangerous!" Wish I had asked before we went. Couldn't help but chuckle reading the positive remarks of many previous folks. Like I said, maybe we chose a bad night.

Room Tip: Ask to look your room over before committing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear 2Grammy02,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had especially with the issues on the occupied rooms and the noise. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention as these will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and actions will be taken accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have just spent 10 nights here. Let me say that I travel for business combined with pleasure, I stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights or more across the S.E. so I have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). The room was clean with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, just coffee. The hotel was clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room with FREE use of washers and dryers. Well equipped exercise room. & a Pool.
Mini-store was well stocked, and included an array of snacks and toiletries. Also has a business room with 2 computers not just 1 like most places. Comfortable beds.

The staff is very friendly & helpful most especially Toya she is professional, very helpful I can't say enough about her and her going out of the way to help.

My only complaint is that they were having a problem with their TV, they had no HBO or Premium channel the whole time I was there and for thelast 4/5 days no voice on many of the channels.

Overall it’s not the Ritz, but my stay was pleasant and comfortable and the location is convenient (and safe) to the Shreveport Reg airport & about 7 miles from downtown. it is a good value for your buck.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Very good location right across the street from the airport close to a Walmart which is a couple of exits down the rooms were nice and spacious However they could of swept my floor in my room a little better and there was some soda or something on the wall but other than that my stay was good the staff are EXCELLANT very friendly and helpful they offer a very nice work out room and a very nice and clean laundry facility which is free they have a nice variety of food and snacks at there lil store inside .The beds were comfortable the flat screens were good there was a outside pool I didn't use it myself but there were people using it.If I went back to this area I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Staff is efficient and friendly, and very understanding of tired, cranky travelers! There is ample parking, the hotel is very close to the airport and to a major artery where food and other services can be easily found. Notwithstanding the proximity to the airport and freeways, the room was quiet. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and don't have unnecessary clutter. Great value; wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marksville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Got off from work very late and drove to Shreveport, La while driving was looking up hotels online and came across Candlewood Suites... Check-in was fast and friendly.... Hotel is very quiet and close to I-20 and the airport. Will be looking into Candlewood for many other day trips. It's close to the Louisiana Fairgrounds field, Libby Glass Factory Outlet's Louisana Boardwalk and the casinos.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for two months. Enjoyed the time there, 1 minute off I-20, so can quickly get anywhere. Airport did not disturb me. Tend to have a lot of kids on weekends so can be noisy, but otherwise quiet. Sometimes towels are limited and have to wait for them to be washed. WiFi reliable, washer and dryer was a nice asset. Have a little shop where you can buy food and other stuff within the hotel. Workout area nice. You get housekeeping once a week. Overall very nice, no real complaints, would stay again for sure.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Studio 6 Shreveport? Share your experiences!