“Friendly and value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Shreveport

You added Studio 6 Shreveport to your Saves list
Studio 6 Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5020 Hollywood Ave, Shreveport, LA 71109 (Formerly Candlewood Suites Shreveport)   |
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Huntingdon, UK
“Friendly and value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Shreveport three or four times over the past 2-3 years, while visiting family in the area. The hotel is conveniently located, just off the I20 freeway and near the airport - but noise from either is NOT a problem.
The rooms are a good size and have a kitchenette facility with microwave, cooking rings, fridge, dishwasher and coffee maker (there is also free coffee in the lobby area). There is a desk to work at and a big chair to relax in. The hotel is clean and although the rooms are only serviced once a week, you can exchange the towels for fresh ones whenever you need more.
Overall this is a good basic hotel and excellent value for money - I have already booked to stay again when I visit my family next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My stay started off on a bad start.....The first room that I attempted to check into the lock was missing off the door and the key did not fit. I was shocked because the entire lock cover was missing as well as a battery to the lock; and the front desk agent was just like....oh;let me just get you another room. My comment was :why wasn't the front desk notified of the broken lock on the door. Then when I got to the next room...there wasn't enough towels in the room for my party. Then when my son attempted to unfold the sofa bed there were no sheets for the bed. The front desk staff was not as attentive for the quality of service in which I am accustomed. At this point it seemed as though the front desk was being overwhelmed because of the shortness with the manner in which she answered the calls. I chose this chain because it seemed as though we would get the appropiate level of comfort in which we are use to receiving. I say it's the little things that count because this is a customer service industry and the staff must perform their jobs with customer satisfaction in mind. Maybe this was just the one bad day for the hotel. My stay started off on a bad start.....The first room that I attempted to check into the lock was missing off the door and the key did not fit. I was shocked because the entire lock cover was missing as well as a battery to the lock; and the front desk agent was just like....oh;let me just get you another room. My comment was :why wasn't the front desk notified of the broken lock on the door. Then when I got to the next room...there wasn't enough towels in the room for my party. Then when my son attempted to unfold the sofa bed there were no sheets for the bed. The front desk staff was not as attentive for the quality of service in which I am accustomed. At this point it seemed as though the front desk was being overwhelmed because of the shortness with the manner in which she answered the calls. I chose this chain because it seemed as though we would get the appropiate level of comfort in which we are use to receiving. I say it's the little things that count because this is a customer service industry and the staff must perform their jobs with customer satisfaction in mind. Maybe this was just the one bad day for the hotel. The room was comfortable overall...my seven year old stated " the bed was comfortable". The only thing I would change is the location of the sofa (bed) which is located directly in front of the air conditioner. Nice kitchen area for use.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Wonderful hotel spacious rooms with kitchens friendly fun staff and even a bbq area for grilling great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
olla, la.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

my family stayed here for a little out of town trip or vacation. we stayed for 3 nights. the desk clerks were very nice and tried their best to keep us happy. we like using candlewood suites because we like to be able to cook in the room to save money. the only thing I would've liked to had was an indoor swimming pool. we stayed at the one in vicksburg, miss. and it was bigger and had an indoor pool and hotub with a flatscreen tv. I would definitly stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I travel all over with the movie industry and this is by far the worst customer service ever. When we walked into our room the flat screen TV was hanging all funny and broke (I had to prop it up with a cup) and the leg was broken on the table. I called maintenance and they never fixed anything. So I had to prop the table against the wall so my kids wouldn't knock it over. The guy that worked at night time was friendly and apologized. But during the days we never saw maintenance. Then when I asked if I could please have my housekeeping day changed because it was my husbands only day off. The lady was rude and told me it could not be changed and if I put the do not disturb sign up that I was out of luck for the week... I have stayed at 100s of hotel over the years and this one is the only hotel not willing to help it's customers. We were supposed to be here for two months and I'm willing to pack everything up and leave because they will not help at all.

• Stayed April 2010
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Me and my family stayed at the hotel, oh my is was great; the staff was friendly, there wasn't loud noise and parking was excellent. I had stayed at another hotel in the area a month earlier, but it was nothing compared to Candlewood Suites. Keep up great work.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stay at Candlewood Suites all over the south and this on has to be the very worst! I should have known better when I called for a room reservation and the front desk clerk was not friendly and seemed like I had intruded an her time.We arrived proceeded to the lobby to find no one there.We sat down and waited finally the clerk arrived.She acted like she did not want to be there.For she never smiled or greeted us and would nodded or grunted when I ask her some questions.Well we arrived at the room and well It smelled like smoke and vomit (the room was non-smoking).We walked into the kitchen and several roaches scattered under the fridge.... scary.Our room was the 1 bedroom suite for disabled persons.To my surprise someone had removed the T.V. from the bedroom.This has to be a mistake I thought so I called the front desk.The same rude clerk answered and I explained that the T.V. was missing could they please bring me one?Hold on she came back and said sorry the handicap rooms had the t.v.s removed by corporate and the only ones that had a t.v. in the bedroom were the non handicap and they were all taken.I explained that I am disabled and a regular room would not possibly work. She said hold on then another female answered and said can I help you.I told her the same thing no t.v. and ask why.She replied rudely and very loud I An't got no time to explain to you all about dis companys policy.I hung up and returned to the front desk demanding a refund.After making us wait we finally got our money back.The bottom line is this stay at the HILTON for $20 more be treated like royalty , we did and they even gave us $25 cash for Samstown casino.Note to the Owner: If you value your business you better fix it or wind up like the deserted hotel next door to you OUT OF BUSINESS.Oh and as far as the positive reviews some look fake.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
harperd3, General Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, December 5, 2010
Dear guest, We are disapointed to read our hotel was not what you had expected. Please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that guest satisfaction and comfort are our priority at all times. Again please accept our apolgies for any shortcomings during your visit to Shreveport.

Been to Studio 6 Shreveport? Share your experiences!