“Completely Remodeled.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Scott
Atlanta, Ga
“Completely Remodeled.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The entire property has been completely remodeled. At the time of my stay they had not yet received their flat screens, but the kind and courteous staff informed me that they had been ordered. If I'm ever in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I like Sleep Inns but this place is a dump. When I got there I found they are doing construction, the lobby and hallway on the first floor is a disaster. The room was worst, from the smell to the dirty floors, bed spread & blanket. Its hard to believe the housekeeping staff allows the mold to grow in the shower. I would have canceled when I check in but was told they would charge me for the room because I made a reservation. The wall above the bed as poorly painted and the masking tap was still covering the headboard.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Piedmont, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was a great hotel for the rate we got, $53.99, but the rooms are so so small. We had a two double bed room which left barely any room to move because of the size of the room. However, the room was clean and worked for us, which was just a place to sleep. One downsize is the terrible layout of the bathroom. The sink is in the room, but the toilet and shower (no bathtub) are in an extremely small area behind a pocket door that was very hard to open and close. We had to pull up on the door and pull it out a little at a time and was never able to completely close it. The mattresses are very hard, if you like a hard mattress then you will love it, otherwise, be ready for a sore back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The room was ok for a night or 2. The nonsmoking rooms are down the hall from the smoking rooms and you could smell that they use to be smoking a while ago (not strong but you notice after you leave and smell your clothes). The room was clean overall but needed to be painted. The walls are super thin! The first night, the room next to us had the tv on so we could hear it at 4am. The second night, there was some banging on the walls from the other room at 2am which stopped when I hit the wall back... It felt a bit humid in the room and the toilets flush oddly but I'd stay again. It's close to the highway and the breakfast is decent. The front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

As soon as I entered the front door, I was greeted and helped by two very friendly, helpful front desk staff. They gave me a good first impression of this, my first Sleep Inn experience ever.

Our room seemed clean enough, but it was very small. It was a non-smoking room and did not have a smell. We had been given a choice of 1st or 2nd floor, and I requested whichever room was quieter. So we were assigned a room on the 1st floor, with the swimming pool right outside our window. I thought that would be noisy, but by the time we were ready for bed, we didn't hear anyone out at the pool.

The a/c worked very well, which we really appreciated, since the outside temperature was about 100 degrees. The curtains were heavily insulated, which helped a lot with keeping both heat and light out.

We encountered a few little annoyances: The toilet paper holder was loose from the wall. The bathroom fan (wired in with the light, so you got both at once) squeaked very loudly. The shower stall was quite slippery, as if the cleaning solutions had not been rinsed off. Fortunately, though, the shower had a sturdy metal hand-hold. The square bed pillows were a bit small. The bedspread had a cigarette burn hole in it. The walls were somewhat dirty. When we were awake, we could hear every footstep of the occupants in the room above ours.

We also experienced a couple of bigger annoyances. For one thing, the lighting was not appropriate for a hotel room. There was one wall-mounted light fixture about 2/3 of the way up the wall, but all the rest of the lights ran along the ceiling. Even above the bed, the lighting consisted of a long fluorescent bar way up at the ceiling. There was no bedside lamp to allow for one to read in bed without disturbing the other person.

Also, when I went to blow-dry my freshly-shampooed hair in the morning, I found that the blow dryer did not work. We tried it in different plugs, but the problem seemed to be with the dryer's built-in breaker. When we took it to the front desk to request a replacement, we learned that if there were a spare blow dryer anywhere, housekeeping would be the only ones with access to it, and housekeeping would not be there for another couple of hours (9:30 a.m.).

Breakfast was about what we expected: make-your-own waffles, cold cereal, bagels & cream cheese, sweet rolls, hard-boiled eggs, hot sausage patties, apples, oranges, yogurt, juice, and coffee. The breakfast area had plenty of tables and chairs. The whole area seemed clean and well-maintained.

There is a Waffle House within walking distance. Several fast-food restaurants are also nearby.

Considering the fact that this was just a quick stopover and not a leisurely vacation stay, it was OK for the $44 we paid.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was driving from D.C. to Houston and stopped in South Carolina and then Scott, LA. I headed to New Orleans, as I'd never seen the French Quarter. I decided to walk the strip a few hours and take in some of the night life a bit. However, I made the collective decision that I'd leave out in the morning and I couldn't justify paying 120 Dollars to Stay in New Orleans plus the cost of parking.

I'd already taken in the Strip and I'd be out in the morning. I couldn't stay up Super Late, as I needed to get back on the road. Therefore, I kept driving another 2.5 hours and hit Scott, LA. I was dead tired by this point, as I'd driven from over 700 miles. So much for the not being tired part! Between hitting some major rain storms, walking around a few hours, and 700 plus miles, I was exhausted.

Cue the Sleep Inn in Scott, LA. The rates were very reasonable. I paid 50 for a night! The room was spacious and clean. The hotel was in a good area. I'm not sure how much there is to do in the town, I slept and left. Still, the area from my limited experience seemed pretty safe. The check in attendant was nice and friendly. He was courteous and everything went smooth. Kudos on the customer service.

I'm surprised to see bad reviews, as I didn't have a bad experience. I did see some kids running around a bit, but that's to be expected sometimes. Families travel. No one was loud enough or obnoxious that I couldn't sleep.

Overall, I had a good experience here and would highly recommend this place for its clean rooms, attentive staff, and reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Worth the say.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I must say I was not so satisfied of this hotel. The room was small, and there were noisy children in the pool spraying water on the windows of my room. The room looked clean but bedclothes and towels were stained. Wifi worked perfectly and breakfast was ok. I must admit that the price I paid was very low.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!