“Holiday Inn Express Hotel in St. Rose, LA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 James Drive East, Saint Rose, LA 70087 (Formerly Ramada Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Rose
GreenLeadersBronze level
High Point, North Carolina
“Holiday Inn Express Hotel in St. Rose, LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

We traveled with a group of seniors and were treated exceptionally well. The rooms were clean, attractive, and comfortable and the breakfast were over the top including pancakes, omelets, different breakfast meats on different days, plus the other normal fare. We had a minor problem with keying and the staff were apologetic and quick to make the necessary changes. We used this hotel as home base for going to the French Quarter.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

This property is located about 30 minutes from downtown New Orleans and with traffic it can take much longer. It is convenient to the airport and has shuttle service to the airport. The rooms are a decent size with a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly. The free breakfast is good, with bagels, muffins, sausage, eggs, pancakes, etc. We had only 2 issues with our stay. #1 the room was not thoroughly cleaned, as we found a piece of a toy on the carpet near one of the beds. We also found hair in the sink. #2 when we asked for extra towels and lotion, we had to call twice to get the requested items. Perhaps the staff forgot about us after the initial call. Other than that, it was a good stay in a very decent property.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

The hotel had a very nice breakfast area and a good selection of food. They staff did not appear to be checking to make sure items were restocked while we were there (the full bottom tier of coffee pots were out of coffee) but the top ones were full so it was not a problem.

If you are flying out of MSY it is a great place to stay. It is about a 5 minute drive to the airport.

The biggest complaint that I had and reason for not having 5 rating is that when we walked in to get a room no one was at the front desk. We stood and talked for awhile I went in out of the door checking for a buzzer. Finally someone came out and checked us in (this was about 5:00 on a Saturday night). They were at a desk back behind a storage area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
I want to thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – New Orleans. I like to hear all guest opinions on how to make each and every guest stay a wonderful memory. I appreciate your honest and letting us know what we can do to improve our guest experiences. It is guest such as yourself that help us continue to improve our service. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again and if there is anything that my staff or I can do in the future to make your stay even better please feel free to contact us at any time.
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We needed a hotel for a single night after a latish flight into New Orleans. We were traveling with my in-laws and two kids, so we needed two rooms. We blindly booked this hotel and we were very pleased.....pleased enough to book it for our stay the following week as we were on the very early flight out.

The room was comfortable, the beds were fresh and we slept well. I worried about the airport noise, but I didn't hear anything at all. Breakfast was a little better than the usual free buffets - greek yogurt, boiled eggs, cereals, and a wide selection of fruits/pastries/toast etc.

The kids enjoyed the nice warm pool both times and there is a very cute courtyard that my son loved. There are tiny little geckos out there and he was delighted to chase them around the little fountain.

The staff was helpful - finding me a plastic knife to use well outside of breakfast hours and responding to requests for wake up calls and more towels with a smile and prompt service. The shuttle bus was ready and waiting to get us to the airport at 4:00 am with a polite driver and help with our luggage.

Can't complain about a thing. It was a well executed, reasonably priced stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
I want to thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – New Orleans. We appreciate the opportunity to host you and I am glad we offered you a pleasant stay and experience. I am glad that your family, especially your son, enjoyed our property so much. It is guest such as yourself that help us continue to improve our service. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again and if there is anything that my staff or I can do in the future to make your stay even better please feel free to contact me at any time.
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed 1 night at this hotel with our cat while our apartment was being worked on. Room was clean, although the seal around the tub was a little grimy. They were pet friendly which made the stay infinitely easier on us. Great hot breakfast in the morning too!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I want to thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – New Orleans. We appreciate the opportunity to host you and I am glad we offered you a pleasant stay and experience. It is guest such as yourself that help us continue to improve our service. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again and if there is anything that my staff or I can do in the future to make your stay even better please feel free to contact me at any time.
Breckenridge, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Miami last week. The people are very friendly & helpful and our room was nice & clean. The only negative I have is they could not cash a Travelers check for me.
Also we waited at the airport for the free shuttle for over half an hour and finally had family pic us up, but when we left we scheduled a 4am trip back to airport with no problem. My husband left his jacket on the shuttle and the hotel saved it for us on the return trip. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I wanted to have the opportunity to thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us about your recent stay and telling us our service failed to meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to cash your travelers checks at our property. I also understand that waiting on a shuttle is never comfortable in our New Orleans heat. I am glad to hear that your second shuttle experience met your expectations.

As we continue to improve our service we are always looking to our most recent guests for ways that we can not only meet your expectations but go above and beyond to exceed your expectations.

Again, we would like to extend our most sincere appreciation for your recent stay with us, sharing your valuable thoughts and feedback and giving us the opportunity to make your stay even better.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you are traveling from MSY and you want a good place to park your car and avoid the exorbitant charges on site airport parking or any of the other locations nearby, then this is your place! The location was very safe. The Price was awesome, only $5 / day. The shuttle from the location to the airport was also prompt and really fast. Will definitely be parking here in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear RahulMD,

I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your parking needs here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – New Orleans. We appreciate the opportunity to host you and I am glad we offered you a pleasant experience. It is guest such as yourself that help us continue to improve our service. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again and if there is anything that my staff or I can do in the future to make your travel needs even better please feel free to contact us at any time.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South? Share your experiences!