“Worst experience!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 James Drive East, Saint Rose, LA 70087 (Formerly Ramada Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Rose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jackson, Mississippi
“Worst experience!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I traveled to New Orleans for vacation. We booked our room at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Airport South through Hotwire and paid for it a week in advance. After about 5 extra hours of driving to get there due to icy roads, we were greeted with "sorry we are over booked. I see your reservation here, but we don't have a room available." Needless to say at 12:30 am we were very frustrated! How do you have my reservation in your system and yet you still sold my room???! The lady at the front desk started out trying to be helpful but after a little while we got a few eye rolls and rudeness from not only her but the shuttle driver standing guard over her shoulder. Oh and by the way to make a bad situation worse, all other hotels in this area are also booked by this time! Lesson learned....do NOT book through a third party and think your room is safe! If the hotel has the opportunity to sell your room to a higher payer you better believe they will! Neither Holiday Inn Express nor Hotwire will be getting our business anytime soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, I do want to apologize that the hotel was oversold the day you arrived and that you were relocated. Unfortunately do to the bad weather in the area, we had several guests stay a few extra days causing our overbook. This is not the most ideal situation but it did unfortunately happen. I would like to offer you compensation for your troubles. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampa Bay, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here for one night before catching a flight out of New Orleans. As other reviewers have stated, it appears to have been recently renovated and is bright and cheerful. The staff was friendly and efficient upon check-in.

Some work is needed, though. After going out to dinner, we returned and tried to enter the hotel. Upon going to the door on the back side of the hotel, there was a sign stating that the key card reader was out of order. So we went to the side entrance. Some thing, key card reader out of order. Finally went around to the front and went in the lobby.

Overall, the room was in good shape—except for the broken toilet seat.

The location is good, less than 2 miles from the airport. The room was very quiet; I never heard vehicle or air traffic.

Neither I nor my companion in another room received our receipt under the door during the night, so we both had to check out from the front desk to get one.

Would I go back? Probably… all minor things, really. The room was clean and comfortable, and that is more important to me. I left too early to try the breakfast, so I cannot review that.

Hopefully the doors will be fixed before your visit!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
dvd77, Thank you so much for your review! I wanted to take a moment to address a few concerns you had. I do apologize about the back doors, they were being repaired but are now complete. I am sorry that you did not receive a receipt under your door, express checkout is given to all guests that book direct with us. If you booked your room through a third party your receipt would have been emailed by the third party. Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will visit us again!
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is newly renovated with a wonderful color scheme leaving you feel bright and cheerful. Rooms were spacious and comfortably clean.
All of the staff went out of their way to provide excellent customer service from the airport shuttle, to bringing more towels poolside, and to arranging a tour of the city.
Breakfast is hearty and hot with lots of complimentary coffee in the lobby. Will most definitely stay there again for a convenient New Orleans airport location. Whole heartily will recommend to colleagues.

D. Martin

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
Green Features: The room temperature is set to save energy. The cleaning staff used safe products to tidy up the room. A microwave in the bar area was an Energy Star Appliance. Gardens were planted with tropical plants from the area.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Donna, Thank you so much for your five star review! We were so pleased to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon!
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We traveled to New Orleans for the New Year's Eve party. We arrived at the hotel very early on the 30th (5am) and were able to check in with no troubles. The clerk was nice and welcoming. Our room was very clean and smelled fresh. Beds were comfortable too. We did not get our room serviced while here, but ran into our housekeeper daily. SHE IS SO SWEET AND FRIENDLY!! We came across several other employees while roaming around the hotel and each and every one was very polite and welcoming. Breakfast food was good. Did not have too many choices but, no complaints as the choices that were there were delicious.

As an employee of an IHG hotel in Louisville, KY I am very pleased with every aspect of my experience at this hotel! Thank you so much for everything!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Samka, Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you again soon, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay!
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 night in Dec. 2013 and words can't describe what a wonderful stay we had. No hotel on the planet could be run any better! We took a picture of the label on the mattress and am going to buy the same one for our master bedroom at home! Food, cleanliness, staff, location... all for under a hundred bucks a night... NO BRAINER!!! FREE breakfast, FREE parking ($30 a night downtown) FREE Wifi and fast, FREE newspaper, FREE bath supplies (brand name)Thank you Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: You must rent a car but good deals are a plenty!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
cnmatl7, Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Lansing, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I didn't look up reviews because I have certain expectations of HIE. Wish I would have. The hotel physical structure itself was very nice, but if you are looking forward to getting cozy in your room, curling up and checking email or maybe making a call this is not the place for you.
1. Called from airport (a little over a mile away) and front desk woman had no idea how to tell me how to get there from the airport. The directions would go something like this.... go out of airport, turn right, drive one mile and you will see it. Instead she told that there was no way that GPS would get me there and I should use google maps on my phone. Seriously, they need to take the GPS coordinates or give the address of a neighboring business or something like that like EVERY OTHER BUSINESS IN THE USA would do if GPS is consistently unreliable at getting customers to the hotel. I really didn't need a laundry list of what wouldn't work and what I should have done. I was sitting in a rental car wanting directions. If the desk people can't do that, they shouldn't work there.
2. Phone did not work. Any number called was bounced back to front desk. They said try 8 and/or 9 for outside line. Everything I did bounced me back to front desk. They said there was no block on the phone, but obviously there was. I was invited to go down and hang over the front desk and call home and have a cozy little chat with my husband and son at the front desk.
3. Internet did not work. They put me through to tech service and the tech guy said that they have a pretty weak system that would not be reliable on the 3rd floor, and if I wanted to get on the internet that I should go down to the lobby. So, again I got out of my jammies, got dressed and went to the lobby to do email and check in for my flight.
4. I was finally getting comfy after all of this and someone walked into my room. It was another guest that had been assigned my room. I called the front desk and as others have noted, after all of this front desk staff were dismissive and unconcerned (as others have described) really almost ignoring the issue of the person walking into my room at 10:00 pm and referring to the internet issue and inferring that it was my fault because I must not know how to hook onto the internet (I am platinum Holiday Inn and have plenty of experience getting on the internet at hotels).
5. Finally when I was ready to leave this place, I was unable to get a receipt because the printer was not working.
So, the room was fine, but the people and the amenities were not fine. When I am traveling for business I really need internet, phone, and it would be awfully nice if other people were not entering my room at 10:00 at night. Also, I did ask to speak to a manager and (again as others have noted) was told that there was no manager available. Definitely not consistent with my expectations for the brand. Even though I am totally loyal to Holiday Inn Brand I'll not stay here again due to I couldn't get my work done and was creeped out by the lady entering my room.
Also please note that I'm not a chronic complainer. I normally have very nice things to say about the places I stay.

Room Tip: Try the Comfort Inn. Maybe they have internet that works:)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Roadtripper10, Thank you so much for your review. It is clear that we failed to deliver the exceptional service you have come to know from Holiday Inn Express. I can promise you that this is not our normal service delivery. I want to make this right for you. Please contact me at the property so that I may offer compensation for your troubles.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Arrived Saturday early evening after long transatlantic flights. Airport shuttle bus driver was a really nice guy, welcomed us to New Orleans - was helpful and friendly. Had specifically booked a room with two beds. Were allocated a room with one bed and a sofa bed. Sofa bed not made up. When I questioned receptionist about my reservation for room with two beds she was very dismissive, couldn't see what the problem was and told me she would send up some linen for me to make the bed up. Quite frankly making a bed up was the last thing I wanted to do after an exhausting day and was the reason I booked a room with two beds!!! Coffee machine in room didn't work - took three calls to reception to get a replacement. Hotel was full as there was a conference on in the city, staff on duty didn't seem to care. Overheard the two receptionists discussing the fact that hotel had been or was overbooked. Sunday morning reception staff were so much happier and helpful. OK hotel but nothing special, glad it was only a one night stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
GillyC, Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the troubles you had and i do hope that you will return again and let us make it right. Thank you again for being our valued guest!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South? Share your experiences!