You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 James Drive East, Saint Rose, LA 70087 (Formerly Ramada Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Rose
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Newly Renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is just a mile or so from the airport with shuttle provided which is great. If you are without a car a restaurant is attached so no problems grabbing a bite to eat. Stayed here 3 nights and makes it convenient not to have to go anywhere after a day of business from work.

The renovations are nice! The lobby is nice and modern and complimentary breakfast is just what you need to get you off to a good start. Fitness room had the equipment needed for a work out and decent size. Pool is small but acceptable. The customer service was speedy and courteous which is always welcomed. Location is in a business/industrial area. Overall I had a pleasant stay and slept well with the bedding and pillows.

Room Tip: Great for business travel...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and thank you so much for being our guest. We truly appreciate your time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is pretty much clean, they are keeping it professionally... The breakfast is decent, normal breakfast, good coffee. Very convenient if you need to stay close to the airport MSY. There is a nice bbq restaurant next to the hotel. Now, big downside is that there internet connection is very very very bad, its going back and forth every minute or two, so if you must have the internet connection while staying here than definitely this place is not for you. Also, the a/c in the room that I stayed was very loud, it was very hard to sleep. I needed to get up and turn it off every hour, I was not able to sleep without it because is very hot this time of the year.

Room Tip: If you need internet connection do not go to this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. I am very puzzled by your internet troubles; we have a brand new system here as well as a Fiber Optic connection to the web. I have asked the system engineers to review the system for any troubles and they have resulted in the system being in perfect condition. I apologize for your troubles with the system but we do show everything functioning correctly. Thank you again for your review!
WNY, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We decided to stay in this hotel after reading all of the negative comments about the hotels in the proximity of the French Quarters.

This hotel is on the south side of the airport and is very easy to find. They do have a restaurant onsite Vodoo something. We ate one night, but wasn't too happy with our food. Nor good or bad, just OK.

We stayed on the third floor. Our room was very nice and clean. Smelled fresh upon entering so that's a plus for me. The only issue I had was that the bathtub was rusty, but I guess I could live with it for a few days.

I didn't use the outdoor pool as we only spent the weekend and our focus was downtown. The breakfast area was small and not fully stocked the first day, after that we decided to skip it all together and go down the road to the i-hop. One thing that was not okay was that we arrived late to the hotel the 2 nights we were there and there was a lot of noise around 1 -2 o'clock in the morning; however, not in our floor.

No Safe in the room. No ironing board, but they did have the iron(puzzled). They did have a microwave and a fridge.

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again and would recommend it. For what we needed, it was perfect. Quick check-in, friendly staff, and the maids did an outstanding job every job.

Not too many restaurants around the area and the few, close early.

Room Tip: Stay in the high floors... If you are renting a car and need to fuel up by the airport, avoid the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and all of your valuable feedback! We can’t wait to see you again soon! I do want to address some of the things you discussed. An ironing board should have been in your room closet, so I apologize for that. As for our tubs, we just completely refinished all of our bathtubs. There are some more restaurants around here to enjoy, please ask us for a list the next time you are here. See you soon.
Best, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a day on our road trip through Louisiana. We pick our hotel brands carefully expecting a consistent experience in all of them. Unfortunately this was not the case for the Holiday Inn Express at Saint Rose.
It was apparent the hotel had been remodeled recently. The front desk, hallways and furniture are clean and looked fine. The furniture in the rooms have been replaced with new seats and beds. Staff was friendly and helpfull.
So far the good, on to the bad...
The bathroom needs remodeling. It was old and cracks were starting to show.
When we entered our room (101) the AC was on at max setting, we went for diner at the Voodoo BBQ next door and when we got back we went to bad early because we were kind of jet lagged. We turned off the AC (always do that at night, usually when the room is near freezing it will last the night with a decent temperature in the morning), big mistake... The AC was on full to mask the smoker smell in the room. As the room warmed up in the night the smell oozed from the carpeting/walls into the air. The room had previously been a smokers room and the walls/carpeting had not been replaced. When we woke up in the morning everything smelled horrible, bad taste in my mouth like i had just eaten a cigar bud. Due to the jet lag we were a bit late, so quickly hit the shower to get rid of that smell and went for breakfast. Breakfast was supposed to last until 10am, but at 9:10 almost everything was gone. No more toast, no more fruit, no more normal yogurt. Only a few cups of diet yogurt left. Also no employee to ask if there was anything left in the back.
The really bad thing was that the smoke had penetrated my suitcase and all of my clothes. The next morning at another hotel the smell was again very bad as it came out of my suitcase/clothes. Took several days for it to go away (mostly), I do have to wash everything when I get back home.
The hotel has the HIE price, but certainly not the quality. Drive on to greener pastures.

@Management: close down the previous smokers room and completely rebuild them including carpeting. You can throw away the beds, they are ruined now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has previously not been a smokers room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First, I ask that you please reach out to me via phone so I can compensate you for your problems at our hotel. I am truly sorry that you experienced issues when staying with us. We are newly renovated and 100% of the hotel was renovated. All of our guestrooms received new carpet, new wall treatments, and new furniture. I can assure you that this is not normal; I have investigated your room myself and cannot replicate the smell you experienced. However, we have treated the room just to be sure. You are correct breakfast is served every day from 6a-10a daily; I am unsure why you experienced this problem as it is usually fully stocked until 10a. Thank you again for writing a review.
Huntsville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This Hotel was formerly called the Ramada Inn & Suites. Therefore, you can find the reviews for it under that heading. ALL they did was remodel the rooms and the lobby and change the hotel to ALL non-smoking rooms then they changed the name. It's still in the same location near the R/R crossing and next door to Voodoo BQ. I don't know what kind of game the Holiday Inn is trying to play, but here's my review.
I called the hotel directly to make my reservation and was guaranteed that I would receive a smoking room. Upon arrival, I was informed that the hotel had NO smoking rooms available effective the day before I checked in! The staff should know what is going on at their place of employment. They should have called me prior to my arrival to inform me of this. This hotel will not get my business again! Breakfast is powdered eggs & construction work is a mess!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from train tracks!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry that you we no longer offer smoking rooms. We have finished our construction, and implemented our new Express Start Breakfast. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for your review!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South? Share your experiences!