“Good choice...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Rose
Huron, Ohio
“Good choice...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This location proved to be a better close proximity choice to the New Orleans airport than my last stay in Kenner. Close to airport locations, quiet surroundings, clean comfortable room, etc.

I would stay here again on my next go around.

Building is being repainted and grounds were well maintained as well.

A good solid choice and value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here just one night before leaving new orleans because of the hotel's proximity to the airport. My flight was ridiculously early. :) We got a free upgrade to a big room w/king bed. The walls are very thin and it seemed our bed was on same wall as next door. when they moved or talked, their head board hit our wall and we could hear everything. Hotel is good for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed one night here at this hotel as we had arrived one day early due to standby flight schedule and we're not able to stay at our Airbnb rental till next day.

Comfort Inn offer free shuttle service to here from the airport. It seems it's about Five minuets drive from the airport. It's bit away of distance if you are visiting French Quarter but if you are in transit or don't mind driving around, this hotel is not bad, except for one detail which will be mentioned later on. The hotel surrounding is like industrial offices but nice, safe area. The closes eatery is walkable but across the street. Wendy's and Voo Doo Grill.

The hotel is about 4 years as I was told, and they have kept this hotel very clean. Very nice and professional staff. We were given a room next to the elevator, a handicapped room even though we are not physically challenged. This was fine with me as the the room was huge and bathroom exceptionally roomy. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Room, bathroom very clean. Coffee maker in the room with refrigerator. Good working wi-fi and nice t.v.
Hotel offered free breakfast with one waffle maker but had regular and strawberry flavor waffle mix. Bagel, toast, bite size muffins and Danish, cereals, yogurt, boiled egg, breakfast sausage, Fruits... Just perfect for breakfast.

Everything about this hotel, I felt it perfect except ......as my luck was out, I could not sleep as the guy in the next room snored all night and it resonated through the wall. Overlooking the encounter of the loud snorer, I would definitely take my chances and stay here again.

Room Tip: Room facing toward the front of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My room was super clean and spacious...friendly staff MJ, Sid, and Tanya...decent continental breakfast... reasonable rate...close to airport with shuttle! They surpassed my expectations...I will be back.

• Stayed May 2014
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We chose to stay here for a convention in the city because of price and other reviews. It was a good choice. Our room was initially very clean and housekeeping did an excellent job each of the four days we stayed here. Our king size bed was comfortable and the A/C was controlled perfectly at the temperature we selected with a wall thermostat. The desk personnel were great - very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is typical Choice Hotels fare - filling, but not something to look forward to. Stick to the yogurt and coffee. My only complaint is that the walls seem to be rather thin, and noises from other rooms can be heard, although muffled somewhat. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pomona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

A friend and I attended a conference at another airport area hotel but stayed here because the block of rooms reserved for our group was sold out. The rooms here were clean and comfortable. Included in the price was WiFi and an complimentary breakfast buffet. What made our stay here was the employees. The super nice people working at this hotel made our stay that much more enjoyable. Should I return (and I DO plan to) I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There aren't many restaurants within walking distance, so a vehicle would be necessary to ventur...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Having been scared off by the high prices and very strict cancellation policies (60 days or lose all money for a stay) at many of the New Orleans hotel during Jazz Fest, we made reservations at this hotel for a four-night stay. This is a clean, quiet, functional hotel with comfortable beds, accommodating staff, and an okay buffet breakfast each morning for a very reasonable price. We were enjoying ourselves at Jazz Fest during the day, and returned to the hotel to sleep. It was perfect for our purposes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!