“Good Price, Clean Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Saint Rose
Nashville
“Good Price, Clean Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotels around the New Orleans Airport are way overpriced, but there are options. This Hotel is a great value, it's clean and the Internet is fast. What more can you ask for? The breakfast is average, but it beats paying a fortune at most of the others in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Syed B, Manager at Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
To Wade B:

We are happy to know you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to having you at our hotel again. Thanks for great review.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This was a very clean hotel. Isolated and private, friendly staff.
I was disappointed at how thin and ragedy the towels were though. But the cleanliness made up for it.....but I like nice towels in a hotel, the quality of the room was great, good sleeping bed. Everything was so impressive is why the ragedy quality of the towels threw us for a loop.

• Stayed July 2013
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We chose the Comfort Inn because it is very close to the airport. They provide a free shuttle and allow you to leave your car at the hotel at no extra charge. I could tell that they recently refreshed the room's decor and they provide a free breakfast. The staff were friendly.
Our disappointment was the lack of cleanliness. The bathroom and bedding were unacceptably dirty. Considering this and how much we paid for a night's stay, we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Middle Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed one night at the Comfort Inn before a cruise. We flew into the airport and they provided a free transport to the hotel. We booked the transfer to the cruise port for $30 for both of us. The hotel was clean, rooms were nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. I recommend this hotel for this purpose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have many friends in the area, but decided on a hotel near the airport for an uninterrupted night of sleep and ease of access to the airport. I arrived, checked in, all was fine. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. It's a little bit away from the beaten path, so I thought it would be quiet. And since I was expecting a 4:30 wake up call for a 5:55 flight I just wanted to sleep. Then after being asleep for 2 hours, I awoke to someone trying to get into the room. It took me a while to wake up and the person at the door continued to try to get in, despite the fact that the security latch was closed and there was OBVIOUSLY someone in there asleep. But finally, after dragging myself to the door, and finding it ajar, I asked who it was. "The Front Desk," was the answer. There was a man and a woman at my door. I should have called the front desk or the police, this is how room invasions happen. They told me that the front desk was not supposed to check me into this room because there was a leak in the closet. Um, ok, why is that my problem? It doesn't bother me, I'm asleep and you are waking me up to tell me some internal management issue the hotel has. After that I was so upset I couldn't fall back asleep for an hour. I just couldn't believe that he had continued to knock and try to get in the door after it was obvious that someone was in there...then after all of that he insisted on telling me all his management problems. It was very distasteful and unprofessional. Apparently the guy was the manager's brother, so I learned. I guess that makes it ok to ruin my sleep, even though that is what I paid for?? It was a terrible experience, only because of that. Otherwise, it would have been just what I paid for, a clean room near the airport. The other people at check in and check out and the shuttle bus driver were all wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here the night before we flew out of the New Orleans Airport. This was our second time to stay here and it is becoming our favorite place to stay. They have the park & fly option and a free breakfast. The rooms are decent and clean. To me, it is not a vacation destination hotel but is a good place to stay for one or two nights and great for the price!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Blackburn, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Lovely rooms and there the complements end.

Started off in room 322, that was known to be noisy, so why do they put people in it? Moved after complaining. Road noise at the front, train track at the back. Basic breakfast. Toilet ran and leaked; cleaner had reported it but nothing done. Ran out of white bread; two days later still no white bread. Free newspapers had run out by 07:30 on 2 days, a cynic might think they only buy 1..

But the wifi has to be the worse. Takes hours to log on and that's if you're lucky; kicks you off at random; even when on, it runs at the speed of a knackered donkey.

Complained 3 days on the trot but no improvement in wifi.

Given all the usual platitudes / fob offs. Our Internets working ok; no one else has complained; it's because people are using it; we've got the fastest line AT&T can provide; ah it's an iPad, that's why; ah it's an Apple Mac, that's why.

Pathetic response. When will hotels appreciate that if they offer a service they should deliver it. Can you imagine applying the above response to electricity. Ah well too many people have turned their lights on; ah well you're using Philips lightbulbs; our lights on in reception; we've got 13amps from the grid etc....

To be fair I demanded a discount on the bill and they paid up. But I'd rather have reliable high speed internet as offered.

Really like Choice Hotels in general but this has the accolade of the 2nd worst we've stayed at in 20 years.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. If you must stay there avoid room 322 and I suspect 222 and 122 will also be no...