“Wonderful little Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Francisville Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Francisville
St. Francisville Inn
5720 Commerce Street, Saint Francisville, LA 70775   |
Paxton, Illinois
“Wonderful little Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Everything about this Inn was wonderful. The owners were friendly and helpful, and the service was outstanding. The Inn itself was beautifully kept and had a welcoming, "lived in" feeling--not a "this is a museum, don't touch anything" vibe. The room I stayed in (number 7) was clean and nicely furnished--the only problem I had here was that the bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get out of it! Breakfast was scrumptious, not the standard plain fare usually offered; the coffee was hot and never-ending, which was great for sitting out in the courtyard and soaking up the morning sun. The Inn is centrally located, so it is easy to walk around St. Francisville and then come back for a relaxing evening.

The thing to bear in mind with this Inn is that it is a bed and breakfast, NOT a modern stereotypical motel. If you are looking for warm, welcome-to-the South hospitality and old-fashion charm, then this is the place for you! I will definitely stay here again if I get the chance to go back to St. Francisville.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Texas City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

The main house is a quaint Victorian style, but the rooms are in a separate motel-style building in the back. I was concerned when I saw the building - it doesn't look like much. But the room was surprisingly nice. I was upstairs and my room appeared to have new wallpaper and very nice furniture. There were nice, comfortable chairs with a good reading light. There was a TV with cable service. The room appeared clean, however, the rug was horribly stained and discolored. If the rug had been replaced it would have been a very nice room. There was one big problem however. The walls/floor must have been not much thicker than paper. I could hear the conversations of the couple in the room next door, and the TV of the room below was loud enough to make reading difficult. The price was reasonable, but because of the noise factor I would not stay there again. It does have a nice courtyard with pool and is located next to a nice park. The best feature was the breakfast, which is served in the back of the Victorian. It is a buffet and included crepes, quiche, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, croissants, bananas Foster and an apple tart. Parking is adequate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Lake Charles, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My husband and I had never stayed in a Bed & Breakfast before as we are the type that prefer the modern conveniences over quaint. However, our traveling companions' motto is "When in Rome..." so we let them make the arrangements. Thankfully, we were very pleased with their choice. We were at ease just walking about enjoying this eclectic and charming inn. The owners, Laurie and Patrick are so laid back and easy to be around. They gave us many helpful tips about the area and what each of the plantation home tours had to offer. Armed with their suggestions we toured Rosedown, Oakley, The Myrtles, Butler Greenwood and Greenwood plantations as well as the historic district in less than 2 days. The last thing I will tell you about the inn is that they truly put "Breakfast" in "Bed & Breakfast". We lingered over breakfast about an hour and a half savoring every morsel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We had stayed last year for one night.. fell in love with St. Francisville and knew we would stay again. If your looking for upscale, uptown, crowded and refined atmosphere.. look somewhere else as this truely quaint B&B is a haven for rest and relaxation. We booked for this past weekend.. and although the weather was extremely hot.. the atmoshere on the front porch was cooling to the spirit and soul. The owners, staff and even other guest were genuinely careing in regards to our needs. We hated to leave the peace of the courtyard.. the slow pace of the town and the new friends we made... but we will be back and no doubt we will want to stay at the St. Francisville Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
pensacola florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed at the St. Francisville Inn with some of my friends for the weekend and we were very pleased. We loved the courtyard area, the breakfast was to die for and we sat on the front porch and watched the LSU game with the owners and found them very helpful and friendly. We are planning to make this a yearly weekend away.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

What a nightmare! Dirty, dust everywhere, and thrift store rejects for antiques, bugs in tib and on bath room floor. We too had room #1. See other guest/victims photos of this room. photos speak wonders. Slept with lights on for fear of bugs. Would have slept in car, but parking was unsecured. Empty cat food cans everywhere. No wonder you pay in advance. Never meet or saw a host/hostess and can certainly understand why they would hide. Would have rated lower, but not an option. How sad and what a dishonor to such a beautiful little historical town. The townspeople must be humiliated by this place and the politicians must own it for the Health Dept. to tollerate it.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

The staff was nice, but didn't go out of their way to accomodate you. They live in part of the house, and really didn't pay much attention to you, unless you needed something. Lots and Lots of cats. One cat jumped up on the breakfast table to assist with breakfast. Gross! I couldn't eat my breakfast. I kept wondering what all it helped with in preparing the food! And I am an animal lover! But I don't like sharing my plate and vittles! The shower had mold on the curtain and the tub had dirt and hair! Room smelled of cheap perfume.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Francisville Inn? Share your experiences!