“Convenient, clean with helpful service.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Ruston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Convenient, clean with helpful service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I would recommend it to anyone. I had a room with 2 queen size beds. Room was clean, spacious enough with a small couch and desk. Beds were very comfortable!! It had a dorm size refrigerator and small microwave. Refrigerator was handy but not sure microwave was of much use since there are no utensils or plates. It would be ok for heating up items from take out. Air conditioning worked great! Room, hallway and public areas all looked and smelled clean. Small business area had computer and printer available for printing boarding passes, etc.

Items offered on free breakfast were OK. Not huge variety, but enough. The ladies attending to the breakfast area were very nice and helpful. It was always nice to see friendly smiling faces there.

Pool area is small and indoor. It is ok for quick splash or to keep smaller children entertained for short time. Workout area consists of 2 treadmills, stair master and weights. Pretty decent but it is in small room...so a little claustrophobic.

I was there in heat of summer, so some covered parking would have been nice but there was none. Parking lot is on the small side.

Overall, this is a clean, comfortable hotel conveniently located right next to Interstate 20. It is good for short or longer stays. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This was a good little hotel. I had a king room with frige and microwave. The only complaint I have is that the air conditioner does not get the room very cold, even at the lowest setting. It wasn't hot per say, but I prefer my room colder when I am trying to sleep.

The rate included breakfast. They had a nice selection of items such as yogurt, waffles, cereal, toast and bagels and breakfast sandwiches.

There is free wifi, although I couldn't get enough of a signal to use it in my room. There is also a pool and fitness center.

The hotel is very clean. I would sty there again

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Room had not been vacuumed. Checking in not pleasant. Vincent never smiled, NEVER! Very crude in his manner. Management should realize how important pleasant people are. If he does not like working there, QUIT!!!! Also crickets in bed! When reported they just laughed about it! Bed very uncomfortable. Felt like sleeping in valley.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Fairfield Inn & Resorts in Ruston, Louisiana recently. Apparently all of the other hotels in the area that I was interested in staying were booked. I was pleasantly surprised. The room (I had a two queen bed room) was a little small but overall it served its purpose. The unit was clean and comfortable with a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was clean and functional. I was in Ruston visiting with my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren so I was only there at night. Even though the hotel was full, it was quiet and I felt quite safe there. The hotel staff was very gracious and you could tell they wanted to please you in every way possible. I asked if my grandchildren could come and swim in their pool and they immediately said that they were welcome to do so. I thought the complimentary breakfast was good. They had a good assortment and the coffee was great! As I stated it's a great place to stay if all you need it for is sleep; the main amenities were the pool and work-out room. It's also close to the interstate and there is an assortment of restaurants nearby. I would definitely use this hotel again for future visits.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to get a better price instead of going through search engines on the interne...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Breakfast choices are a little lame but I'm a Marriott gal so a small sacrifice.

Had a nice suite.

• Stayed June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Great place! Called on my way to Ruston and they matched the price of the Hampton Inn & upgraded me to a suite! Everything is nice and clean. Staff is nice and accommodating. Exactly what I look for in a hotel for business travel.

Only draw back is old tube tv's in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2012
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed here on our way from Georgia to Texas. It is conveniently located off of I-20. The front desk attendant was pleasant and check in was very fast. Our room was very nice and comfortable. We were located on the ground floor and our room looked out to the parking lot. That was nice because we could check on our car. The parking area was well-lit, which was nice since we didn't know the area. The hotel and room were very modern. I liked the free wifi and free parking. The breakfast was wonderful. They had so many options and it was free! Great value! The breakfast attendant was very friendly as well. I would stay here again if we need to break up the driving trip and would recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ruston? Share your experiences!