“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast

The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruston
The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
You added The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
210 East Alabama Ave, Ruston, LA 71270   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ruston B&B and Inns
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my third time to stay at the Lewis House. It was wonderful as always. We enjoy the big breakfast. The location is walking distance from downtown and LA Tech, where our daughter attends college.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Lewis House came as a recommendation by my brother and his wife who had stayed there a couple of times in the past. They had great things to say about the House so I decided to give it a try. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. Very clean and well kept. The service was great and the Inn Keeper was thoughtful and welcoming. I will definitely stay there the next time I am in Ruston

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are more private and quiet but all rooms are beuatiful
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mineola, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to get away for a part of her Spring Break; I had seen advertisements for the Lewis House so we decided to give it a try. Best decision we could have made. From the first time that I talked to CJ I knew that customer service was her strength and we weren't disappointed. She even called while we were driving in to wish us a safe trip! The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. We spent a great deal of time looking at the antiques and decor in other areas of the house as well as the selction of gift items that were available. Breakfast was delicious; it was servesd family style and there was plenty! We were within walking distance of everyhting that we wanted to do in Ruston. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The suite on the first floor has a private bath; good choice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently returned from a two night stay at the lovely Lewis House, and we plan to go back!
We travel to Ruston about 4-6 each year to visit our daughter who attends LA Tech, and have always stayed at one of the local hotels....which are decent at best, and certainly nothing to write about! Our daughter found out about the Lewis House and suggested we check it out....what a difference! Fortunately there was a "special rate" which made it even more appealing! The home is meticulously clean, and has been renovated beautifully! It is near downtown, but still on a quiet corner. Our room was extremely comfortable, and extras like a small heater in the bathroom and an upright fan in the bedroom allowed us to fine tune the temperature. We felt "at home" with the gracious hostess, who takes a lot of pride in her property. Overall, we highly recommend the Lewis House, and look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: There are two rooms with private baths, and two or three other rooms that share an upstairs bath...w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in Ruston at the Lewis House two nights and loved it. We were downstairs in the Professor Suite which was nicely done in hues of blue. We travel often and our love is historic hotels and bed and breakfasts in restored homes. Our suite was roomy with a large bathroom. Bed was comfortable with 2 large nightstands. (You would be surprised how many places have only one! ) Sheets were high quality. Extra supplies were within reach... kleenex, soap, towels, blankets. A large fan was plugged in and ready. Breakfast was great both mornings and C. J. made sure we had an extra pot of coffee. It was nice and cool in the house and for that we were thankful since it was 97* outside! Bring your earplugs because it is close to the train but that did not keep us up. Great find in Ruston. When we come back, I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Be careful when you reserve your room. Two rooms have private baths and two rooms share. The "...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Made (and paid for) an online reservation shortly before 5:00 in the afternoon. The next morning, I checked my email. They had sent me a message at 8:00 PM apologizing that "as I was making my reservation", they were in the process of booking the entire house for a wedding party for that night. Right! So you tell me this more than 3 hours later - how interesting - but somehow, not quite believable. And not a phone call or even a text message that I would have gotten immediately. Good thing that I check my email on a regular basis. Perhaps I'm making some wrongful assumptions here, but I'll not bother to call to clarify the matter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CJDARLIN, Owner at The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Our guestroom reservations are all booked online through our website, we do not book for our guests over the phone nor do we accept walk-ins. Every booking is first sent to us through our booking engine Webervations in the form of a reservation request, upon the guest completely and submitting their reservation request they are then notified that it may take up to 72 hours before their reservation processed etc... So absolutely, if you are booking the very same day of, I absolutely recommend calling to make sure we have even received your request. I have accepted many guests that have book on the same day but thankfully they read and called as soon as they booked and I knew to manually go into the system and retrieve their reservation request before it had even updated in real time. This honestly is the first time out of many last minute bookings we've had that we were not able to accept their request because the computer system automatically declined their request because it had already been booked by other guests and I honestly thought a 3 hour notification (From time they tried to book) was excellent on our systems part and us becoming aware since we clearly state in large words that it can take up to 72 hours to receive your reservation confirmation. We also like to properly prepare for our guests arrival and greet them. So its just always important if you are attempting to book last minute to please call to make sure we have received your request. I also contacted this individual and offered a substantial discount on a future stay and he said Ok but then still posted this misleading review. His credit card was also never charged because honestly, the system never accepted his request to begin with, for it to be further processed. Another good word of advice for anyone staying anywhere on any special occasion,...Don't wait until the last minute to book if you can, but I have had many happy guests who did, but its because they called first!
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a wonderful time staying at the Lewis House. The house was very comfortable. We were welcomed with afternoon tea! The room was large and clean. The next morning we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast. I will always stay at the Lewis House when I visit Ruston.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!