“So Glad We Found Lewis House!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast

The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruston
The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
210 East Alabama Ave, Ruston, LA 71270   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ruston B&B and Inns
Magnolia, Texas
“So Glad We Found Lewis House!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently returned from a two night stay at the lovely Lewis House, and we plan to go back!
We travel to Ruston about 4-6 each year to visit our daughter who attends LA Tech, and have always stayed at one of the local hotels....which are decent at best, and certainly nothing to write about! Our daughter found out about the Lewis House and suggested we check it out....what a difference! Fortunately there was a "special rate" which made it even more appealing! The home is meticulously clean, and has been renovated beautifully! It is near downtown, but still on a quiet corner. Our room was extremely comfortable, and extras like a small heater in the bathroom and an upright fan in the bedroom allowed us to fine tune the temperature. We felt "at home" with the gracious hostess, who takes a lot of pride in her property. Overall, we highly recommend the Lewis House, and look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: There are two rooms with private baths, and two or three other rooms that share an upstairs bath...w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in Ruston at the Lewis House two nights and loved it. We were downstairs in the Professor Suite which was nicely done in hues of blue. We travel often and our love is historic hotels and bed and breakfasts in restored homes. Our suite was roomy with a large bathroom. Bed was comfortable with 2 large nightstands. (You would be surprised how many places have only one! ) Sheets were high quality. Extra supplies were within reach... kleenex, soap, towels, blankets. A large fan was plugged in and ready. Breakfast was great both mornings and C. J. made sure we had an extra pot of coffee. It was nice and cool in the house and for that we were thankful since it was 97* outside! Bring your earplugs because it is close to the train but that did not keep us up. Great find in Ruston. When we come back, I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Be careful when you reserve your room. Two rooms have private baths and two rooms share. The "...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Made (and paid for) an online reservation shortly before 5:00 in the afternoon. The next morning, I checked my email. They had sent me a message at 8:00 PM apologizing that "as I was making my reservation", they were in the process of booking the entire house for a wedding party for that night. Right! So you tell me this more than 3 hours later - how interesting - but somehow, not quite believable. And not a phone call or even a text message that I would have gotten immediately. Good thing that I check my email on a regular basis. Perhaps I'm making some wrongful assumptions here, but I'll not bother to call to clarify the matter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a wonderful time staying at the Lewis House. The house was very comfortable. We were welcomed with afternoon tea! The room was large and clean. The next morning we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast. I will always stay at the Lewis House when I visit Ruston.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Last minute arrangements were easily made. Even an additional seat at breakfast for my mother was a "no problem" addition. Thanks CJ. Very well appointed home, personal attention. Appreciate the covered garage space. Easy choice alternative to the impersonal hotels with cold continental breakfasts.

Room Tip: 2 Suite rooms are ensuite bathrooms. 2 others share an upstairs bath. chose wisely.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winnfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

When we arrived at 3:30 CJ had the most wonderful tea waiting for us. After tea we had the entire house to ourselves since we were the only guests that night. The house is beautifully decorated with so much detail. CJ obviously takes great pride in her house. The next morning we came downstairs to a wonderful breakfast with so much food. CJ was just the sweetest person. She made us feel very comfortable, we felt very much at home. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is in the Ruston area. It is definitely worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ruston, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The owner was rude to me when I inquired about the costs for having a function at her Bed and Breakfast. With a couple of family members chipping in on the costs, I had some questions that I needed clarified. I sent her an email with the questions. I was in shock to receive several unkind emails back from her, especially when we were considering renting the first floor and/or all of her rooms for a family event. When I wrote back to her to try to clear up the misunderstanding about our inquiry of so many fees she was unreasonable. I was just so thankful that we learned about the hostile attitude before we had our family stay there. As a result, we cancelled and we will never stay there. It could have been a disaster.

Room Tip: Have several conversations before you book an event there. We ran into unexpected rude behavior and...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!