“First time in Ruston, LA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast

The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruston
The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
You added The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
210 East Alabama Ave, Ruston, LA 71270   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ruston B&B and Inns
Texas
“First time in Ruston, LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in Ruston at the Lewis House two nights and loved it. We were downstairs in the Professor Suite which was nicely done in hues of blue. We travel often and our love is historic hotels and bed and breakfasts in restored homes. Our suite was roomy with a large bathroom. Bed was comfortable with 2 large nightstands. (You would be surprised how many places have only one! ) Sheets were high quality. Extra supplies were within reach... kleenex, soap, towels, blankets. A large fan was plugged in and ready. Breakfast was great both mornings and C. J. made sure we had an extra pot of coffee. It was nice and cool in the house and for that we were thankful since it was 97* outside! Bring your earplugs because it is close to the train but that did not keep us up. Great find in Ruston. When we come back, I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Be careful when you reserve your room. Two rooms have private baths and two rooms share. The "...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Made (and paid for) an online reservation shortly before 5:00 in the afternoon. The next morning, I checked my email. They had sent me a message at 8:00 PM apologizing that "as I was making my reservation", they were in the process of booking the entire house for a wedding party for that night. Right! So you tell me this more than 3 hours later - how interesting - but somehow, not quite believable. And not a phone call or even a text message that I would have gotten immediately. Good thing that I check my email on a regular basis. Perhaps I'm making some wrongful assumptions here, but I'll not bother to call to clarify the matter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CJDARLIN, Owner at The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Our guestroom reservations are all booked online through our website, we do not book for our guests over the phone nor do we accept walk-ins. Every booking is first sent to us through our booking engine Webervations in the form of a reservation request, upon the guest completely and submitting their reservation request they are then notified that it may take up to 72 hours before their reservation processed etc... So absolutely, if you are booking the very same day of, I absolutely recommend calling to make sure we have even received your request. I have accepted many guests that have book on the same day but thankfully they read and called as soon as they booked and I knew to manually go into the system and retrieve their reservation request before it had even updated in real time. This honestly is the first time out of many last minute bookings we've had that we were not able to accept their request because the computer system automatically declined their request because it had already been booked by other guests and I honestly thought a 3 hour notification (From time they tried to book) was excellent on our systems part and us becoming aware since we clearly state in large words that it can take up to 72 hours to receive your reservation confirmation. We also like to properly prepare for our guests arrival and greet them. So its just always important if you are attempting to book last minute to please call to make sure we have received your request. I also contacted this individual and offered a substantial discount on a future stay and he said Ok but then still posted this misleading review. His credit card was also never charged because honestly, the system never accepted his request to begin with, for it to be further processed. Another good word of advice for anyone staying anywhere on any special occasion,...Don't wait until the last minute to book if you can, but I have had many happy guests who did, but its because they called first!
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a wonderful time staying at the Lewis House. The house was very comfortable. We were welcomed with afternoon tea! The room was large and clean. The next morning we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast. I will always stay at the Lewis House when I visit Ruston.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Last minute arrangements were easily made. Even an additional seat at breakfast for my mother was a "no problem" addition. Thanks CJ. Very well appointed home, personal attention. Appreciate the covered garage space. Easy choice alternative to the impersonal hotels with cold continental breakfasts.

Room Tip: 2 Suite rooms are ensuite bathrooms. 2 others share an upstairs bath. chose wisely.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winnfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

When we arrived at 3:30 CJ had the most wonderful tea waiting for us. After tea we had the entire house to ourselves since we were the only guests that night. The house is beautifully decorated with so much detail. CJ obviously takes great pride in her house. The next morning we came downstairs to a wonderful breakfast with so much food. CJ was just the sweetest person. She made us feel very comfortable, we felt very much at home. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is in the Ruston area. It is definitely worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ruston, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The owner was rude to me when I inquired about the costs for having a function at her Bed and Breakfast. With a couple of family members chipping in on the costs, I had some questions that I needed clarified. I sent her an email with the questions. I was in shock to receive several unkind emails back from her, especially when we were considering renting the first floor and/or all of her rooms for a family event. When I wrote back to her to try to clear up the misunderstanding about our inquiry of so many fees she was unreasonable. I was just so thankful that we learned about the hostile attitude before we had our family stay there. As a result, we cancelled and we will never stay there. It could have been a disaster.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
I've purposely taken my time to respond to this individuals unkind untrue words. The truth is this lady wanted to hold an event at The Lewis House that I spent months helping her prepare for, doing leg work, giving her my contacts to book a well-known band out of Dallas Texas that agreed to come for next to nothing as a favor to me. I even spent many hours searching online for just the perfect items and favors she wanted for her themed party. I had several other people wanting to book the house at this time but I to was so excited for this upcoming event so even though she had not yet paid her deposits and actually booked any guest rooms online I declined other calls for those dates. Then suddenly, she called me one day and told me her brother found another place in either Jackson or Vicksburg Mississippi and I was not hostile at all, I was silent, I was in shock. Not only did I already invest so much of my time and money on her upcoming event, the band she had booked had rearranged their schedule as well. I actually told her, " that sounds great" because I always try to have a positive attitude. Honestly, though while I was driving home though I was still in shock, saying OMG, I will never do this again without the deposit first. Then a couple weeks go by and this lady calls me back and wants everything to be back on as before and me handling everything. Well by this time, the house was already booked and paid for, which I nicely told her, and she screamed and yelled at me and I even tried to offer an alternate date, she was from New York and very demanding and was cussing so much I couldn't help but hang up. Honestly, as I look back, it probably was all for the best, because in the end of the day we can and do decide what events are held at The Lewis House and by whom. I now stick firmly to our businesses policies and procedures of requiring deposits and getting everything confirmed in writing via email from that day forward. So I'm just thankful I learned a valuable lesson which will only benefit me for the rest of my life.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My co-worker and I stayed at The Lewis House due to a lack of hotels in the area and was
wonderful surprised with our stay. The house was wonderful, CJ was the best hostess possible. It exceeded all our expections with food, rooms, and hospitality. I would recommend
to anyone on a business trip make your reservation at The Lewis House.

Room Tip: Majestic Room wonderful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruston
Sleep Inn & Suites Ruston
Days Inn Ruston
Days Inn Ruston
#7 of 12 in Ruston
3.5 of 5 stars 145 reviews

Been to The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!