“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast

The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruston
The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
You added The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
210 East Alabama Ave, Ruston, LA 71270   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ruston B&B and Inns
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a wonderful time staying at the Lewis House. The house was very comfortable. We were welcomed with afternoon tea! The room was large and clean. The next morning we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast. I will always stay at the Lewis House when I visit Ruston.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Last minute arrangements were easily made. Even an additional seat at breakfast for my mother was a "no problem" addition. Thanks CJ. Very well appointed home, personal attention. Appreciate the covered garage space. Easy choice alternative to the impersonal hotels with cold continental breakfasts.

Room Tip: 2 Suite rooms are ensuite bathrooms. 2 others share an upstairs bath. chose wisely.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winnfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

When we arrived at 3:30 CJ had the most wonderful tea waiting for us. After tea we had the entire house to ourselves since we were the only guests that night. The house is beautifully decorated with so much detail. CJ obviously takes great pride in her house. The next morning we came downstairs to a wonderful breakfast with so much food. CJ was just the sweetest person. She made us feel very comfortable, we felt very much at home. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is in the Ruston area. It is definitely worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ruston, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The owner was rude to me when I inquired about the costs for having a function at her Bed and Breakfast. With a couple of family members chipping in on the costs, I had some questions that I needed clarified. I sent her an email with the questions. I was in shock to receive several unkind emails back from her, especially when we were considering renting the first floor and/or all of her rooms for a family event. When I wrote back to her to try to clear up the misunderstanding about our inquiry of so many fees she was unreasonable. I was just so thankful that we learned about the hostile attitude before we had our family stay there. As a result, we cancelled and we will never stay there. It could have been a disaster.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
CJDARLIN, Owner at The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
I've purposely taken my time to respond to this individuals unkind untrue words. The truth is this lady wanted to hold an event at The Lewis House that I spent months helping her prepare for, doing leg work, giving her my contacts to book a well-known band out of Dallas Texas that agreed to come for next to nothing as a favor to me. I even spent many hours searching online for just the perfect items and favors she wanted for her themed party. I had several other people wanting to book the house at this time but I to was so excited for this upcoming event so even though she had not yet paid her deposits and actually booked any guest rooms online I declined other calls for those dates. Then suddenly, she called me one day and told me her brother found another place in either Jackson or Vicksburg Mississippi and I was not hostile at all, I was silent, I was in shock. Not only did I already invest so much of my time and money on her upcoming event, the band she had booked had rearranged their schedule as well. I actually told her, " that sounds great" because I always try to have a positive attitude. Honestly, though while I was driving home though I was still in shock, saying OMG, I will never do this again without the deposit first. Then a couple weeks go by and this lady calls me back and wants everything to be back on as before and me handling everything. Well by this time, the house was already booked and paid for, which I nicely told her, and she screamed and yelled at me and I even tried to offer an alternate date, she was from New York and very demanding and was cussing so much I couldn't help but hang up. Honestly, as I look back, it probably was all for the best, because in the end of the day we can and do decide what events are held at The Lewis House and by whom. I now stick firmly to our businesses policies and procedures of requiring deposits and getting everything confirmed in writing via email from that day forward. So I'm just thankful I learned a valuable lesson which will only benefit me for the rest of my life.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My co-worker and I stayed at The Lewis House due to a lack of hotels in the area and was
wonderful surprised with our stay. The house was wonderful, CJ was the best hostess possible. It exceeded all our expections with food, rooms, and hospitality. I would recommend
to anyone on a business trip make your reservation at The Lewis House.

Room Tip: Majestic Room wonderful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The home is a so cute. We stayed in the Professor's room which had a private bath and the bed was sooooo comfortable! We had a very restful sleep. Breakfast was great, you will not go away hungry. When I pass through Ruston, LA again I definately plan on staying there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Our party of 5 arrived late, but Cj greeted us heartily and made us feel welcome. She had fruit and other snacks available. I was surprised by that. The bed in Manta's Doll Room was very comfortable, and the room was pleasantly decorated. I enjoyed meeting the other guests at the common breakfast, which was very good - eggs, sausage, biscuits, fruit, pastry, juice, and coffee - and more than I expected. The house is beautiful, and Cj made sure that we were comfortable.
The entire house is beautifully decorated and Cj makes you feel like it is your own. I felt like I had stepped back in time as a member of an affluent family. Breakfast and tea served daily with no work on my part really spoiled me for the two days of my stay.
And I cannot say enough about Cj's hospitality. She was warm and gracious and attentive without smothering. She is gifted at making people feel comfortable and welcome.

Room Tip: Manta's Doll Room and The Duck Room share a bathroom. The Majestic and Professor's rooms ha...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!