“Great Lewis House Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruston
The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
210 East Alabama Ave, Ruston, LA 71270   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ruston B&B and Inns
Spring
“Great Lewis House Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Last minute arrangements were easily made. Even an additional seat at breakfast for my mother was a "no problem" addition. Thanks CJ. Very well appointed home, personal attention. Appreciate the covered garage space. Easy choice alternative to the impersonal hotels with cold continental breakfasts.

Room Tip: 2 Suite rooms are ensuite bathrooms. 2 others share an upstairs bath. chose wisely.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winnfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

When we arrived at 3:30 CJ had the most wonderful tea waiting for us. After tea we had the entire house to ourselves since we were the only guests that night. The house is beautifully decorated with so much detail. CJ obviously takes great pride in her house. The next morning we came downstairs to a wonderful breakfast with so much food. CJ was just the sweetest person. She made us feel very comfortable, we felt very much at home. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is in the Ruston area. It is definitely worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ruston, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The owner was rude to me when I inquired about the costs for having a function at her Bed and Breakfast. With a couple of family members chipping in on the costs, I had some questions that I needed clarified. I sent her an email with the questions. I was in shock to receive several unkind emails back from her, especially when we were considering renting the first floor and/or all of her rooms for a family event. When I wrote back to her to try to clear up the misunderstanding about our inquiry of so many fees she was unreasonable. I was just so thankful that we learned about the hostile attitude before we had our family stay there. As a result, we cancelled and we will never stay there. It could have been a disaster.

Room Tip: Have several conversations before you book an event there. We ran into unexpected rude behavior and...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My co-worker and I stayed at The Lewis House due to a lack of hotels in the area and was
wonderful surprised with our stay. The house was wonderful, CJ was the best hostess possible. It exceeded all our expections with food, rooms, and hospitality. I would recommend
to anyone on a business trip make your reservation at The Lewis House.

Room Tip: Majestic Room wonderful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The home is a so cute. We stayed in the Professor's room which had a private bath and the bed was sooooo comfortable! We had a very restful sleep. Breakfast was great, you will not go away hungry. When I pass through Ruston, LA again I definately plan on staying there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Our party of 5 arrived late, but Cj greeted us heartily and made us feel welcome. She had fruit and other snacks available. I was surprised by that. The bed in Manta's Doll Room was very comfortable, and the room was pleasantly decorated. I enjoyed meeting the other guests at the common breakfast, which was very good - eggs, sausage, biscuits, fruit, pastry, juice, and coffee - and more than I expected. The house is beautiful, and Cj made sure that we were comfortable.
The entire house is beautifully decorated and Cj makes you feel like it is your own. I felt like I had stepped back in time as a member of an affluent family. Breakfast and tea served daily with no work on my part really spoiled me for the two days of my stay.
And I cannot say enough about Cj's hospitality. She was warm and gracious and attentive without smothering. She is gifted at making people feel comfortable and welcome.

Room Tip: Manta's Doll Room and The Duck Room share a bathroom. The Majestic and Professor's rooms ha...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lacombe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My fiancee' and I stayed here to review the house for our potential wedding site. Neither of us have ever been to a bed and breakfast before but if most are like this one, we have been missing out. CJ (the owner and hostess) was the greatest. She was very helpful and filled of courtesy. She possesses a wealth of knowledge and offered all the information we needed to decide about our wedding. We will be returning in June to exchange our vows with CJ hosting the event!

Room Tip: Review the website to decide which decor best suits your taste. We stayed in the Majestic Suite but...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!