“Very nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast

The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruston
The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
You added The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
210 East Alabama Ave, Ruston, LA 71270   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Ruston B&B and Inns
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely time at The Lewis House. CJ was a gracious hostess and the facility was one of the nicer B & Bs in which we have stayed. We are very excited to have found The Lewis House and it will definitely be our home-away-from home when visiting our Tech student.

The house was convenient to both LA Tech and to the local restaurants.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Professor's Suite which was downstairs and made access easier.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

OMG! This was my first experience at a Bed & Breakfast and it was awesome.....like living a fairytale and I was the princess! C.J. was very friendly, she treated my girlfriends and I like family and I love her accent! She went out of her way to make sure our stay was delightful. The Lewis house was clean, beautiful, and refreshing. The decor was very elegant & lovely!
We were there for GSU's homecoming 10-22-11, celebrating our 25th anniversary! The property was affordable, spacious, & centrally located. I highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast if you are in the Grambling/Ruston area

Room Tip: All the rooms were nice to me.
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was the second year residing at the Lewis House, such a beautiful place with a rich history...the weather was beautiful and C.J. is the best such a great spirit, she has been very attentative to everyone needs. I know for sure I do not want to reside at a hotel whenver I will be visiting Ruston.

It has a true Family setting...I love the breakfast time...

Thanks CJ

B. Ruben

Room Tip: Loved the room on the first floor.
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was my first stay at a Bed & Breakfast and I loved THE LEWIS HOUSE.....very homey and comfortable........!!! We stayed in The Mallard's Nest room and it was spacious and the decor very nice and a very comfortable bed......!!! The entire experience was excellent and CJ made us feel right at home..........!!! I would recommend to anyone who is looking for that special touch..........Thank you CJ for a wonderful experience!!!!

Jackie M

Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have never had the experience staying at a bed and breakfast. If Lewis House is any indication of what a bed and breakfast is....well...I'm hooked. I loved the house, the amenities and C.J. I felt as though I was visiting a relative. It was homey and the atmosphere was totally relaxing. Even though the weekend event that I was attending was hectic, once I stepped through the door, total relaxation. C.J. was a perfect hostess. I fell in love with her personal attention to not only your needs, but your wants as well. I loved it....loved it...loved it. I wll definitely be back....Thanks C.J!!!

Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

OMG! This is the most romantic place! And CJ made sure that all the romantic touches were perfect. A perfect place for a perfect romantic evening. Thank you Lewis House. And since we had the house to ourselves well.........! Will definitely be back! Thank you CJ

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ruston, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The ENTIRE Lewis House was reserved for my wedding party and I to stay and get ready at the weekend of my wedding. We were very disrespected and were treated as children, when every girl staying there but two were 22 or older. The owner came several times throughout each day moving our belongings and items that she had no business moving and even throwing away. Personal items came up missing that should not have been moved while we were there. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy to stay at, and no one should even consider spending their money to support a such shady business as this.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
CJDARLIN, Owner at The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
In all my years of being in the Hospitality Industry and operating The Lewis House Bed & Breakfast I would agree that the individuals above as well as myself and my staff had a Terrible Experience to say the least and I have acquirred great wisdom from the entire experience. I host many Special Events and Weddings at the Lewis House, but never have I met individuals so disrespectful and wild. The Lewis House in a very gorgeous historical home, which is priceless and these particular guests not only caused damage to the historical special place, they continually were damaging themselves the entire weekend with excessive drinking and erractic behavior that me nor my staff have ever had to deal with before. They also had underage individuals in their party who were drinking etc...Although drinking alcohol is allowed at The Lewis House, I will never tolerate underage drinking or wild erractic behavior! The Lewis House is a place of tranquility and an era of the past that is to be cherished an admired, not trashed and booze being spilt throughout the house. I always want guests to treat The Lewis House like home away from home, but that does not mean trashing the place. Up until this bridal party, all my guest over the years have always been very high class and refined, these individuals who have written my first ever negative review where like nothing I've ever seen, accept maybe in a bad movie! They even harrassed my staff and later on even after they had left the premises they had harrassed one of my sweetest employees and we had to call the police! My lesson learned: to not let a young bridal party rent the entire house without me or one of my staff staying on the premises the entire time or at least making sure their was a mature responsbile individual in the group to police them lol! This bad review they posted is just a slanderous untruth and gross retaliation. May God continue to bless me with a loving and forgiving heart...

Been to The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!